If Only Feminists Saw the New Ghostbusters, It Would Still Be a Smash Hit

archive.is/6UW1k

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/tAb0M
viralspell.com/a-texas-dad-calls-a-schools-dress-code-sexist-after-his-daughter-is-told-her-spaghetti-straps-are-against-the-rule/
bleedingcool.com/2016/01/27/retailers-complain-about-collapsing-marvel-and-dc-sales/
cosmicbooknews.com/content/comic-book-retailers-sound-dc-marvel-sales-drop
archive.is/1gCGn
archive.is/wxoDN
pcgamesn.com/tomb-raider/the-tomb-raider-reboot-is-the-most-successful-game-in-the-series-history
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Picture_Production_Code
twitter.com/petewentz/status/738476297635012608
breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/15/houston-press-writer-jef-rouner-tweets-picture-of-his-own-daughter-to-self-confessed-pedophile/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And now they're starting the narrative that "If you're a woman it is your duty to pay $13 (I haven't seen a ticket as cheap as $9 in 10 years) and see this movie."

Every time

We have dollar second run matinées here. Pretty great theater. They have a bar in the lobby and girls that will bring you drinks during the show.

YOU'RE NOT BEING REPLACED GOY THAT'S JUST A SILLY CONSPIRACY THEORY. WHITE GENOCIDE ISN'T REAL.

They really have given up on this movie being successful and have just shifted into full damage control "it was the MRAs and misogyonerds fault" mode.

So this dude believes that 20 million feminists are going to get off of their fat asses and go see this movie when less than 250,000 of them could be bothered to simply give the trailer a thumbs up on youtube?

Sony's entire marketing strategy is based on that assumption.

sounds familiar

second run theaters are fucking awesome

Jef’s collection of short stories about vampires and drive-thru churches, The Rook Circle, is available now. You can also find him on Patreon, Facebook and Twitter.

of course you can

He's also raking in 44 big ones on Patreon

Not surprised, tbh.

My sides

That image is fake, though

I've never seen any "feminists", and I think they're all long dead. Plenty of whiny neo-liberals who call themselves feminists, tho.

I doubt they know how to download movies, and they probably think it's wrong anyway.

Well then…
That really solves everyone's problem doesn't it. I don't want to spend money on the move or see it at all in fact. They don't want my money and don't care if I watch their movie.
We have come to terms.

Okay lets be honest… Assume every feminist would go out and see it and that this cuck is on the level, is it feasible to believe this movie would make profit? Because Sony has been trying to cut corners and lowered the budget just to prevent another bomb. With Fant4stic, Fox spent an unfeasible amount of money to reshoot it even though it was going to be garbage anyways and when it bombed so hard because there was no way it could recover the budget expense.

archive.is/tAb0M

The funny thing is the real ones, like the one by Devin Faraci for example are not so away from that.

Isn't this guy the paedo who offered up his daughter to Sick Nick Nyberg aka Sarah Butts?

Nobody's talking about downloading. They just won't see the movie, at all. These people don't actually consume media, at least not beyond what's required for them to call it sexist.

See

I just think more then anything it comes down them being lazy. Its one thing to like a twitter or tumblr, but most of those fat dykes won't even fill out a form on change.org, almost none are employed or have a boyfriend that will take them to see it

We really need a fucking term for this, and "nu-male" isn't specific enough. We need a "pudgy, unfuckable huhwite male who whines endlessly about how much he hates straight white men" something equivelant to uncle tom.

And yes, he's the dipshit that tried to comfort a pedo by sending him pictures of his five year old daughter. And also the dipshit who wrote a whiny article complaining about his daughter's school being sexist for putting a shirt over the spaghetti-strap dress she wore to school.

viralspell.com/a-texas-dad-calls-a-schools-dress-code-sexist-after-his-daughter-is-told-her-spaghetti-straps-are-against-the-rule/

Most telling part that gives you a peek into the reality of this dweeb's mindset? His basis is that most of what kids aren't allowed to wear is girl's clothes. He then immediately acknowledges boys aren't allowed to wear any of the items either but adds "they should be!"

Do you reckon he abuses his daughter? He's got that kind of face, plus there's the Nyberg incident.

Anyway, Jef can eat shit. The reality is they've been trying to shove this crap down everyone's throats for the past five or so years and every single attempt has failed because they're trying to market material meant for men at women, and women don't care if something's "feminist" or "progressive" if it's still about people with super powers fighting. The only reason The Force Awakens was a success was because they kept who the protagonist was going to be and the entire plot secret. It makes money much the same way the Transformers movies make money.

Supergirl bombed in the ratings and is being moved to CW. No one cares about Wonder Woman. The response to this movie has been overwhelmingly negative. The Tomb Raider reboot was a flop. Every game the SJWs recommend sells like shit while the games they complain about become top sellers.

Marvel and DC are both selling like shit because of the feminist writers.

bleedingcool.com/2016/01/27/retailers-complain-about-collapsing-marvel-and-dc-sales/

cosmicbooknews.com/content/comic-book-retailers-sound-dc-marvel-sales-drop

There is no market for this garbage. You're going into male-dominated markets, going "Fuck you, I fucking hate men! You're garbage! I'm in charge now! Waaaah!" and not bothering to put out a quality product in the meantime, you're just virtue-signaling narcissisticly and promoting your own political bullshit.

Rogue One is undergoing massive reshoots. Every single fucking project that you jackasses have been hyping has failed, miserably, completely and utterly. You're killing industries out of spite and self-loathing simply because they're male-dominated industries. It's pathetic, utterly pathetic.

Holy shit. You never fail to deliver, Berenstain universe.

Why?

>bleedingcool.com/2016/01/27/retailers-complain-about-collapsing-marvel-and-dc-sales/

The comments on that article are savage. I know comic book readers are a step below normies, but it's a relief to know that they're fed up with SJW pandering in comics.

Seems like a really faulty assumption. I know nothing of the polling methodology in place, but considering it's New York Times conducted, I'd expect it to skew urban, older, and more educated (indoctrinated) compared to the general population, which all happen to be areas where feminists would be over-represented. Even if it were true, the number of self-identified "feminists" doesn't imply any level of belief in the central doctrines of the modern wave of feminism (fourth, I think). The simple fact is most self-identified feminists are actually gender egalitarians, they believe everyone should be treated according to their abilities regardless of what their gender is and they disbelieve in traditional gender roles. These people do not stay on top of current events in the contemporary movement, are not particularly well-acquainted with the feminist intellectuals, and are not particularly dedicated to the ideology.

Because these people identify as feminists more as a matter of fashion rather than as a matter of ideological devotion, they cannot be presumed to see this movie. Especially when the narrative about it being a feminist project is so transparently a marketing stunt. I'm sure some feminists will by the hype/guilt and will go into it in spite of common sense otherwise (as the feminist is prone to doing), but I'd estimate the true portion that will to be somewhere between 2-4%. Then you have the issue of the oversees markets, I could see a "feminist" movie doing well in Europe (maybe per capita better than it does in the US), but more critical markets like India and China will likely not be receptive to it if they truly believe it to be a feminist work (if they would release it there at all).

Sad thing is they are kind of right, but not for the reasons they think.

Nothing to do with feminism or politics, everything to do with how the industry is fucked; a shitty movie with shitty reviews can be a massive success and spawn a number of sequels.

Look at Transformers. What are we on now, 6, 7? Terrible reviews across the board, generally hated by movie goers. Still massively successful.

Look at Adam Sandler, has anything he's done in the past decade gotten above 15% reviews?

Sadly, this could be the worst movie of the year and it could still be a huge hit.

Different ball game.

You have to think about why those types of movies do well. They're both rather broad, they pander to the lowest common denominator. Transformers has a fairly large fanbase consisting mostly of children who don't really have any sense of quality control. I mean, most Transformers media are fucking toy commercials.

I don't really see that here. For starters it's a remake and people are already biased against pointless remakes. Secondly, Sony have done their utmost to piss off the built-in fanbase, whose value cannot be underestimated when trying to build a franchise. Thirdly, Sony have disintegrated mass appeal with their feminist bullshit. Their biggest mistake was getting four ugly women. If it was four hot women, they could have easily tricked people into paying for a ticket.

what if I told you the audience for Transformers movies and Adam Sandler movies actually watch those movies to spite people and the creators pay critics to give low scores and fuel the flames of contrarianism?

Its a scary thought, thats for sure. Luckily many movie budgets are bloated they need a shitload of people to be successful. However, it will be when people will figure the perfect ratio of money in a movie to always make good money and we will see a surge of shit coming out.

I hope you're right. I'd love to see the ticket sales reflect that of the trailer dislikes.

I just foresee this getting good reviews because of how infected most outlets are with SJWs and agenda pushers.

I foresee it being successful because any shitty movie can be successful these days regardless of quality/reviews.

Lastly I foresee the wave of uppity, snobish "told you so" articles.

It's a grim future.

archive.is/1gCGn

"Fans" don't need to be your audience. "Fans" are over.

NOBODY WANTS TO SEE YOUR SHIT MOVIE FUCK OFF AND DIE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't think Adam Sandler movies are even that successful financially, not that he bothers anymore since he is so rich he only makes movies to entertain himself and his friends.

This is going to get one good review. SJW films aren't getting good reviews anymore, critics realize blindly endorsing this kind of shit destroys their credibility.

EVERY TIME

I remember when Pacific Rim came out, opening night I went to my local theatre and saw a huge line up. I was so stoked that there would be a big crowd to enjoy an over the top kaiju homage with me but no, that screen was virtually empty because everyone was there to see Grown Ups.

i was in a theater with four other people seeing midnight special.

i'm sad the movie didn't make a lot of dosh since it was really good, but at the same time i was cozy as fuck being in the theater practically alone.

What kind of shitty state do you live in?

The 51st, about an hour from Buffalo NY

you have my pity

HA hahahaha

Do donations they give to each other count as spending money?

Seeing as some of it probably goes to Patreon, I'd have to say yes.

Even if it did, that the total they could offer up to their Patron Saint Anita over the years is still less than one million, I doubt they'll be able to push Ghostbusters into the 200 million+ it'll need to be considered successfully profitable.

nah, cisbusters needs at least 500m to be successful

even better

archive.is/wxoDN

Judd Apatow things you must be a Trump Voter if you don't want to see this new Ghostbusters.

Huh… they're right for once.

Well, he's not wrong.

humanity was a mistake

There were a shit ton of cringeworthy nba-focused ghostbusters commercials during the NBA finals game, involving Kobe Bryant, Spike Lee etc.
Sony is just burning piles of money to force this to work.

Out of the crop of geek culture related sites, bleeding cool is probably least bad. For example, during whole Frank Cho fiasco they covered whole thing neutrally, while TheMarySue, Comiucs Allance, and io9 were insulting and attacking him.

Adam Sandler films have a solid audience. People who like somewhat tame gross out humor, fart jokes, and seeing others get hit in the balls will go to see these films. Most of these viewers also tend to be pretty dumb, so these movies also make for a great medium for product placement, which also brings in good chunk of money considering relatively low budget of these films.

My local theater has it at $5 actually

Dude matinee prices out here in Arizona are $7.50, where do you live?

I'm guessing hotwheelz fucked up and the image filename came from /vp/ or something.

it would be so easy to edit that pic to "Girls Talk Boys DO"

Well then the election is over because I only know one person that wants to see that trainwreck and believe me I know a lot of liberal people.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.

pcgamesn.com/tomb-raider/the-tomb-raider-reboot-is-the-most-successful-game-in-the-series-history

It was a flop insofar as it sold tons but the budget was so over-inflated that it didn't make the profits that Squenix wanted.

Still the most succesful Tomb Raider ever, proving that a lot of people are willing to buy this kind of game.

But then they fucked up with the Xbox exclusivity for the sequel.

and fucked up Just Cause 3 by obviously cutting out a bunch of content of the empty overworld that they later sold as the Land Air and Sea season pass. I'm not hopeful for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided at this point.

That was a movie I would enjoy a sequel. Something to expand the other countries expiriance with the monsters not how they came, the mystery is the motor for that

Yeah Rouner is the one that came to the defense of the pedophile for months and even wrote a couple articles defending pedophilia.

I don't get it, it wasn't a movie that required the audience to not be retards or anything, in fact it's an easier watch than transformers because you don't have to have insane levels of spatial processing to understand what the fuck is going on during action scenes.

And we're sure he's not secretly molesting his daughter?

I can easily see 13% of the population identifying as feminist, but I think only a very small portion of them actually give a shit about third wave crap. Keep in mind that there's still a fair amount of people that have no idea that third wave feminism exists, and second wave views would line up pretty closely with your average american even if they lean pretty right.

What isn't mentioned is ~60% of those sales were digital and massively discounted.

When questioned, a lot of people will claim to be feminist, just because they think it's the right answer.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Kek, someone needs to remake this for all kinds of applications.

Surprise they haven't started to call ghostbusters fans Hydra supporters yet.

Hail Hydra

There was that review that Screaming Spic made and they thought the Japanese girl who spoke Japanese and had a flashback in Japan was Chinese somehow. So yes, it's possible modern audiences are too retarded even for that and need constant explosions and fart jokes to placate them

There's never going to be a point where SJWs stop fucking up like this

99% of normies dont know these feminists exist. even if they did they would write these feminists off as wierdos becuase the truth of the matter is that they ( and us in a way )
ARE EXTREMISTS
and normies just arent into extremism.

This is made up, right?

I guess that means Trump will win.

What age are you?

You have to be younger than 15 to enjoy autistic rim

Jesus H Christ. All the majority of us have been saying is that it looks stupid, the jokes aren't funny and enough with the damn remakes/reboots. But NOOOOOOO that makes us sexist, that makes us racists or misogynists or whatever the fuck ists we are this week. You assholes made it a political act, not us. We were going to just go on our merry autistic ways, ignoring this unfunny shitshow, but NOOOO it has to be this big thing so you can feel good about yourselves without having to do any real work.

Well, for proof of this, look at any time SJW bullshit has been forced into the public eye, like Shirtstorm.

Wow, I'm sure you're the first genius to ever entertain that notion, Ms. Hornaday.

Oh, wait:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Picture_Production_Code

yeah, that's the guy who tweeted Nyberg a picture of his daughter to "cheer [him] up" right in the middle of the "HEY EVERYBODY NYBERG IS A PEDO WE HAVE PROOF" thing. might've even been the same day Milo dropped an article on Nyberg.

twitter.com/petewentz/status/738476297635012608

who bitch this is

They need $154 millions to break even

This is marketing, friend. This is pure marketing.

They made a shit movie, knew it, and also knew the cult fans would revolt. So they played up the womyn angle.

And nothing sells to white girls these days quite like "misogyny". No press is bad press here. the more people hate it, the more they can claim the movie is being targeted by "gaymergay" or what ever else boogeyman they can come up with. The more they do that, the more angry, loveless college chicks will eat it up, and they might even buy a ticket and go see it.

This has nothing to do with "politics" and everything to do with a marketing and PR team realizing how much money they can make off stupid women with too much time, money and outrage on their hands.

Not at all. This is agenda pushing 100%.

It's not all about shekels. These people pass up money to fuck with whites because they hate them.

that's a bold statement.

I would be more inclined to agree with you if the cast wasn't two white girls, a (((white girl))) and a monkey.

If they really wanted to stick it to the whitey, they'd cast all nigresses and mongrels. Then they could claim both soggyknees and raycyssism. By casting a fat white woman, a dyke and a jewess (that can play a white woman), they're targeting the demographic with the most discretionary income; twenty something white girls.

The monkey is to assuage the very uppity sheboon demographic.

you should also note they made the nigger "streetwise" and the white girls are all scientists. Again, tip top marketing, white girls love to feel superior.

What's happening now is indeed marketing.

it was in its creation. Pascal and Feig set out to make le stronk womyn team that would obviously be better than the original men. Pascal is a crazy feminist with a chip on her shoulder the size of moviebob (she wanted to produce a superhero movie starring women called "The Glass Ceiling" ffs), and Feig is pure unadulterated cuck.

But Pascal is out of Sony and Feig's career is about to end. What's happening now is Sony desperately trying to recoup as much as possibe from what it recognises is a bomb.

I like you.

(me)

thanks loli

I can't wait until this piece of shit comes out and we finally see the ticket sales and it bombing hard.

All these articles are just a giant cocktease.

still 42 days away from the clusterfuck

$350 million domestic for an A movie would be a failure.

Every woman is a feminist, whether she 'identifies' as one. That is, every single assumption of feminism is accepted, even if quietly, by every woman.

MISSY ELLIOT AND FALLOUT BOY HAVE BEEN HIRED TO RUIN GHOSTBUSTERS THEME

I remember reading about how entertainment companies will air intentionally bad TV shows and then cancel it after one season, then write it off on taxes even if the show does really well and through financial magic make a profit from it. Maybe a lot of these shit "reboots" are written off on taxes and aren't supposed to do well? I have a hard time believing thousands of people, many who have a lot of money invested, could all come together and make such an awful movie and not realize it.

Huh, this cuck again, I had a run in with this cuckloid during the tranny panties referendum in houston back a year ago. Trust me, looks and acts like a betamax orbiter. I wish I had punch him like I did those commie faggots and send more shit(literal) to our mayor dyke.

It is a possibility. That's exactly what Uwe Boll does.

speak english

right, l'm a little drunk at the moment. Ok.
I met the man in question at a political rally that was cater by various LGTB group and the Houston communist party. I infiltrate the communist party, as to ensure that a LA riot type scenario or most recent the counter trump rallies don't happen. He, Mr. Rouner was shadowing or aiding another reporter covering the event. Needless to say, when we spoke, his mannerism and speaking pattern we're to a level some what effeminate; my impression of him was on of been just there, another sheep following the herd. I suspect that his child might not be his. All of those traits only manage to anger me and I had vivid vision of assaulting this very frail looking man as I done in the past with the more fringe and radical member of the CPH when it came to a disagreement. Needless to say, I have taken quite a liking to defecating in a box and mailing it to a less than moral political figure that so happens to be the Mayor of this putrid city. oh, me, I also forgot my picture in that postage.

Could be. Could also be that they want to keep the rights to the franchise in house and this makes sure of that.

Even if this bombs it will, The franchise can still be rebooted in comic/cartoon/toy forum when people forget this whole mess.

There are two problems with this article:

Slacktivists don't like to do anything, and just because feminists bitch against those who dislike this movie, it doesn't mean they will want to see this either.

THIS MOVIE IS SHIT

Feminists really are stupid.

If only two feminists go to see the movie, and no one else, then only feminists will have gone to see the movie. The movie is not a hit.

So it's wrong to say "Even if the only people who went and saw Ghostbusters were feminists, it would still be a smash hit."

It should read: "Even if the only people who went and saw Ghostbusters were feminists, it could still be a smash hit."

If enough of them went to see it.

Which they won't.

Don't worry guys, their incredible new ad campaign will bust the negative PR about the movie and save it at the box office!

So cucked.

O' lawsy me

I be a simple nigra so I don't knows much bout no movie stories, but if kobe bes in the commercial it gots to be good.

Rob, go to sleep

Holy fucking shit it literally says that

Customer Reviews
4.9 out of 5 stars 47 reviews
5 star
87%
4 star
11%
3 star
2%

Riiiiight

Uwe Boll knocked out a faggot goon, so that makes up for it.

Agenda pushing generates money, what matters is WHO cashes in.

Never accept any propaganda from the enemy.

breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/15/houston-press-writer-jef-rouner-tweets-picture-of-his-own-daughter-to-self-confessed-pedophile/

Yeah, that is correct. It was, indeed, because of reasons- Never mind that they were pretty solid reasons. What's the issue?

What a stupid fucking meme that is

Is Kobe even going to be in the movie? What's the point of this?

They did realise it. Why do you think they're on full damage control?

Surely there must be one right decision that the new Ghostbusters has done, right?

Everything Jef says or does is comedy

…Because you made it one?

Except molest his daughter. That shit ain't funny.

It's really about destroying white culture, which means destroying and diminishing white male culture.

IS THIS THE REAL LIFE?
IS THIS JUST FANTASY?

Exactly. Without white males, white women will follow the dictates of (((whoever))) is in charge.

Off topic but doesn't Hillary Clinton have a massive Male-Voter problem? You know, a catastrophic one?

JUST

Why are you guys addicted to talking about this movie? Actually you're not even talking about the movie, you're talking about the people who are talking about the movie. Do you hate movies that much?

Its like a traincrash, we can't take our eyes off it.

N-no! Everything's going swimmingly!

Holla Forums exists to bitch and to feel superior about media. This is like the holy fucking grail for us.