So what's with Hollywood and the media in general bashing Hindus a lot?

So what's with Hollywood and the media in general bashing Hindus a lot?

There's always been edgy shit in the industry poking fun at or outright ridiculing Christianity, but whenever Hinduism pops up in a show or movie, it's usually cast in a negative light.

The examples that I can name off the top of my head are Supernatural and the new X-men movie, but I'm pretty sure there are a lot more examples of this elsewhere. Someone I know mentioned Sens8 and Hinduism to me in a very brief conversation recently, but I'm certainly not moving an inch to watch that.

im sure it has nothing to do with india having a booming moviemaking industry of its own.

DESIGNATED

Hinduism is rarely mentioned. You listed 2 shows out of 100's. Time to log off Pajeet.

Poo in the loo, Apu

SHITTING

STREETS

Pahjeet go home

Hollywood loves muslims, who are arch enemies for hindus

This is now a dubs thread.

Hibdu bashing is exceedingly rare, but there are instances I will grant you. The reasons why they get away with it are I believe these two facts:

1. Hinduism is not "organized" by any stretch of the imagination. Everything up to the central philosophical tenants vary widely from one location to another with little formal hierarchy or establishment, and among even some non-modernized circles it isn't seen as a spiritual expression so much as a cultural practice holdover.

2. The writings and pictures most widely agreed upon to represent it are all extremely trippy and make for neat apocalypse material.

Apologies, by media I meant stuff like comics and TV shows.

WHO'S THAT SEMEN DEMON?

Hollywood is run by the Jews. Only religions that get to be portrayed in a positive light is Judish and militant atheism.

Jimi Hendrix

I don't know. Most Hindus in film seem to be chirpy lovable Apu types.

This. I've never seen any attacks on Hindus like the open blaspheming they do to Christians, not in Hollywood or popular TV shows at least. I imagine Bollywood is a different matter altogether.

And islam, cmon

POO IN LOO

And Islam

And Buddhism because of all the hipsters

Most Bollywood films are
A) Musicals
B) Shit

Hollywood care far more about competition from people like JewTube than they do about Bollywood, Nollywood or any of the lesser 'woods'.