Can Holla Forums help me out? I've been in the mood for some solid martial arts films...

Can Holla Forums help me out? I've been in the mood for some solid martial arts films, but I have no idea on where to start. I've seen some of the basics like Enter the Dragon, but never really bothered to venture any further into the genre. Any recommendations on where to go? I want to start with some Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, and Woo movies first.

kung fu/action thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

kissasian.com/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Ho
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well, as solid as they can get action wise. I'm not really in the mood for anything else at the moment.

Big Boss?

One Armed Boxer
Master of the Flying Guillotine

Does it have to be films? Because, come to think of it, Kung Fu was pretty good. David Carradine wasn't actually asian, but whatever. It's still a good show.

The Ip Man series is pretty good, so is pic related.

Most Jackie Chan movies are gonna be simple crime stories with martial arts fights sprinkled in. But my favorite is pic.

are you retarded? that series was absolute shit

Pick one.

Just watch chinese films from the seventies starring Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee. Jet Li too. Chow Yun Fat if you're into stuff like Hardboiled or John Woo. It's a mixed bag, but they're all entertaining. More recent stuff is ok too, I really liked Flashpoint and Ip Man 1. There's also JCVD if you like him; he's not too bad.

Jackie Chan was in Enter The Dragon, I think he was the guy that Bruce Lee punched under his arm in the ribs at the underground facility

Watching martial arts films is like watching circus. I like gritty and realistic fight scenes more than that kinda shit.

My favourite Jackie Chan movie is Wheels On Meals.

This. The Raid 2 is also very good and in my opinion better than the first one. It's a step up in a lot of different ways, from the camerawork to the choreography to the story.

It's not a movie, but there's a YouTube series called Rope a Dope that has better fighting choreography than the vast majority of Hollywood products. Webm related.

As is your taste

Drunken Master 2
The Legend of Fong Sai-Yuk 1&2
Black Mask
Hitman
The Defender

Make sure you get the right versions, no dubs and no bad western edits or the films will seem utterly shit.

Part1 and Part2

Is that from Street Fighter V? Fei-long is looking pretty good.

Bloodsport
Kickboxer
Enter the dragon
Ong bak
The protector
The raid 1 & 2
Man of tai chi (I loved it)

Those are off the top of my head

Also ip man 1 & 2

Aside from the spectacular rooftop fight, that movie is boring as shit.

Please stop pushing this tryhard crap. Donnie Yen is terrible.

Sometimes the dubs are the best part. Those old Shaw Brothers films tended to have hysterical dub actors.

Sister Streetfighter

If you want to go old school Shaw Brothers made allot of the great ones.

The Five Deadly Venoms
36th Chamber of Shaolin
the Crippled Avengers
Five Element Ninjas
Heroes of the East
Legendary Weapons of China
The Brave Archer

There's tons. Five Deadly Venoms or 36th Chamber of Shaolin is where I'd start. I think they're on netflix and they're not hard to find. I prefer the stuff they did in the late 70s and through the 80s. The Kung Fu gets much more acrobatic and fast with no wires or any of that crap. Bigger budgets too than most Chinese kung fu movies but still with plenty of goofy weirdery. Anything with the venom mob in it or starring Chia-Hui Liu you can't go wrong.

And my all time favorite, though it isn't Shaw Brothers is Duel to Death from 1983. Japanese vs Chinese swordsmen, bloody as fuck, ninjas vs shaolin. Fuck physics and logic. epic.

This one is good, also look here:
kissasian.com/

You all have shit taste in kung fu. Watch it and be amazed.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Ho
Synopsis

Watch all of the Sammo Hung films, he's a brilliant action director.

Corey Yuen is also decent. I liked this one with Yuen Biao.

Flashpoint. The final fight is 10 minutes long and it's awesome.

dat Cynthia Rothrock