‘American Psycho’ author: Patrick Bateman would vote for Trump

nypost.com/2016/04/24/american-psycho-author-patrick-bateman-would-vote-for-trump/

Bullshit. American Psycho is one of the most scathing attacks of yuppie culture and Donald Trump is one of the yuppiest motherfuckers there is.

That's not exactly a revelation. The book specifically states he is a big fan of Trump.

obviously. donald chump is all about illusion, lies, the appearance of strength instead of actual strength. he is the spectacle incarnate, that's why he's so hilarious/sad.
the only thing funnier is the people who don't get the joke.

i was at a restaurant in a small city today, it was disgusting. every single man there looked like a wussy hipster, browbeaten by his woman, and everyone spent 75% of their time on their phones. just staring at a phone, typing on it, at a fucking restaurant.

the book and the movie have so little in common (other than the parts where Bateman speaks his thoughts as written in the book, the "there is no me" speech).

Ellis is an old twee fag but he wrote some great 80s "get inside the head of a degenerate" books. drugs have scrambled his brain by now if he's hanging around with people 30 years younger than him who watch "girls"

Is this ironic, like you're purposefully replying in a confusing and poor way?

I don't think Ellis gets the point of his own novel anymore. Of course he would, as American Psycho is about a guy that pretends to fit in with contemporary culture to hide his seedy nature.

And pro-Trump is now fast becoming the contemporary culture.

It's true that Trump is the most popular mainstream media candidate, which says everything you need to know, really.

True.

Wrong thread? Link to the wrong post?

hillary is about REAL strength. strength through diversity

you might want to reread what he said

Patrick Bateman has good taste.

what did Sean Penn mean by this?

Yes, Trump is only doing this to get the attention he never had.

Sean Penn isn't even a good actor.

you misunderstood
the article is not saying the author of american psycho will vote for trump, it says the author of american psycho said patrick bateman (the protagonist of the novel) would vote for trump

he's not a good director either
into the wild sucked ass

Been watching him dance for 2 hours now.

These memes are spiraling out of control.

coincidence?

i think not

still think that a fictional character can't vote ?

I heard Trump will vote for Bane

Well yeah, that's the point.

That's why no one is voting for Sanders, silly.

OF COURSE

No one said anything about Sanders but you. Trusting any politician is for fools.

I understand it perfectly. Sanders got chased off his own stage by two rampaging sows, assumed the cuck pose and let them say their piece.

And made a huge step forwards with young black voters in comparison to Clinton who threw a BLM protestor out of her event.

Whether you respect the choice to do as he did or not, politically it was absolutely the right thing to do.

Sure.

This, tbh.

book Bateman sounds like a pretty cool guy tbh