So I just finished this, what did Holla Forums think?

So I just finished this, what did Holla Forums think?
Personally I enjoyed it more than any film in recent memory, no racial conditioning or leftist garbage that I could find either.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt1631867/trivia?item=tr2163393
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dido. I thought the end 'one man army' thing was a bit much but was still great. Emily Blunts character wasn't some thunder cunt 'i can do everything perfectly' stronk woman either, she has her flaws just like everyone else.
8/10 the army guys were a bit too confident

It was good. The soundtrack was pretty beast too.

Probably to highlight how poorly trained the cartels are, but I can see your point.

They're Delta Force, so it's pretty close to the real thing.

I cant wait for the sequel with a Trump wall.

>>>Holla Forums

The ones to boast about being "speshul fawce" are usually SEALS.
I read an interview with some ex-delta once and they follow the credo of "silent professional".

Yeah, there's a reason why the SEAL-meme is a thing. The Army and Air Force SF guys don't get enough credit, and to the Marines, every one of them is SF.

I went into it expecting more stronk independent womyn crap since the media around it talked a lot about Emily Dudeweedlmao. So when I watched it I was confused at first how she was basically thrown aside the minute she joined up with the CIA.

Emily is certainly not a stronk wymyn in any shape or form

imdb.com/title/tt1631867/trivia?item=tr2163393

Loved it.
It was slow in the right places, didn't go over the top in the tactical shit, and the morals of the story were great.

Plus burn notice fag made an appearance.

He was great in the movie even though he only had a small part

The female lead, who is sold to the audience as the main character, is sold as a stronk female.
I love the story because she turns out to be a set piece for the main character and his big guy.

He pulled off the, "nonchalant guy that's seen it all" and "just another day on the job" really well.

I loved how the glasses made you think he was some wussy desk jockey, before all the tactical shit on the Bridge of the Americas went down.

I was saying she is not a strong woman irl. Unlike other actresses who readily adopt feminist bullshit (emma cuntface for example)

Normalfags like usually don't.

Good film. Still would've been even better without any pseudo-stronkwomyn shit.

calm down spergo

It's good. Really good. Del Toro made it for me, and I think it was probably his best performance to date. Tight cinematography, script, and performances all around. The ending completely caught me off guard. I'd say it's as morally grey as Apocalypse Now, and I love that. Solid film.

Del Toro really carried this.

shit

Del Toro plot was hackneyed, predictable revenge shit about "muh fambly". How many times have I seen family revenge plots? Lame

Emil Blunt's acting was total shit in the film, overcompensating emotionally every time she turned around, going Antifa at the CIA revelation.

the "America taught us" shit is incredibly retarded excuse for the cartels but is treated like the truth.

obligatory token nigger was a cringy token nigger

Just like le ISIS boogeyman right?

Also where did they say that? I recall the Mexican cartel leader saying something similar, but it was towards Del Toro's character, who's Colombian. The film implies that the CIA is involved with the drug trade, which they are, and that the solution isn't completely in black and white.

That speech was at the last part during the dinner scene.

Del Toro's character is Mexican (he mentions he's a prosecutor in Mexico prior to the film), but the film implies aligned with the Medellin Cartel in Colombia (he mentions he was in Cartagena recently and the Sonora cartel guys called him "Medellin"). Also, his Spanish was pretty Mexican-accented.

My mistake on the character's origins, but I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Columbian cartels. As they were the ones most directly involved in pioneering the drug trade and modern day cartels. Plus Del Toro's character is still working for them.

You have to go back, Carlos.

Cry about it, Bernout.

FUCK
:^)

Did you even watch it? Kate was portrayed as weak and in over her head if anything.

All the performances were solid but he really stood out.
and checked

Nigger your opinion is a whopping 0/10

The prosecutor bit I assumed was just a cover.

I dunno, after the capture of Guillermo, he spoke to another Mexican prosecutor like they were old friends.

Del Toros character is originally from colombia. He worked as a prosecutor in colombia and mexico. That's how he knows the other guy. He then lost his family and underwent harsh military training with american special forces units. He already had basic military training from conscript service in colombia. There is also a gap of several years between the loss of his family and the events in the movie.

t. leaked script of the movie they are making about his character

Ah, I see. If he has Colombian roots, that could make for an interesting sequel, especially given the three-way conflict between the FARC, the US-backed Colombian government and the cartels.

Technically it is a prequel as it shows how he became what he is in sicario.

Ah man I really don't want a movie about his character. I mean it could be ok, but I think a lot of the magic of characters like his is their mystery. Some things are better left unsaid.

This.
However jewywood saw theres money to be made off retards so they will go ahead and ruin it.

the character is a strong female because she doesn't let her gender stop her from doing shit, but she still has faults.

this is how you properly write strong female characters, not the bullshit like rey in star wars.

also, the movie is 10/10 for its realistic portrayal of how women can't get a fucking thing done and mostly just get in the way, hence all the backseat driving she did.

A movie only about him would basically be a mexican Punisher.

I would actually be ok with this idea

I was 70% sure he was going to die if the bullets started flying.

Nah imo he screamed Private Military Contractor with plenty of experience under his belt.

I would not say she was strong because she tried and failed many times but it portrayed that she was EXTREAMLY way in over her head where she was. She was not ready to be there and it showed that she was in more deep shit than she thought she was. Does that make her weak? Kinda but it was the point of the movie. That she was in deep shit more than she knew.

Thought it was excellent, Del Toro probably should have won Best Actor for it.

are you thick?

there's literally only one type of person in the entire world that would do this and it's a CIA cowboy.

I think isn't talking about Brolin's character.

It's the ultimate redpill on the drug war.

He's talking about the guy from burn notice you dense fag.

ripley and sarah connor are often seen as strong female characters, yet they constantly fail (and die without completing their mission).

trust me, blunt's a strong female character.

I enjoyed it.
She goes in the bank.
Then because she's dick-starved, nearly gets killed because she's painfully naive.

Gets told at the end that she needs to quit the big city and find a nice quiet small town, far away from the border.
It was pretty brutal really. She was chosen for being naive and ignorant of the law (no lawyers), and was basically a kitten being thrown into a tank of sharks.

Pretty hardcore movie. I hope they do more like this.

an excellent movie, with characters that feel real

Triumphant Trips

It depends on who he's going against. The man himself has said that hillary is an ez match any day, but if the bernmeister pulls it around in the primaries the election could be pretty close. and I'd be happy because the bernmeister is the only fuck in washington that wants to end the NSA, "muh leftards" be damned

sage for way off topic