It's been 17 years and no TV show has even come close to touching this show's greatness

It's been 17 years and no TV show has even come close to touching this show's greatness

I started the Sopranos but got bored after the first couple episodes and never went back to it. Does it pick up or is it just all mob therapy?

Think it's the characters. They're all assholes so when they whine I don't care. You have to like them in order to be emotionally engaged.

could you please shut the door?

Nope, it peaked in it's first season.

the sopranos is overrated

The Wire is much better

Sopranos was Twin Peaks with gangsters.

The Wire is very TV.

Sopranos is Film despite being on TV.

indeed, good sir

have a gold

The idea that characters have to 'likeable' in order to engage an audience is inevitably what leads to a lot of shitty writing and Mary Sues.

The vast majority of The Sopranos characters are assholes, but you enjoy their exploits.

Compare this with something like, I don't know, Star Wars VII. The characters are, in theory, 'likeable' but, speaking personally, I don't give a single shit what happens to them.

i liken it more to seinfeld for wops. its a show about nothing but with meatball subs and greasy strippers

You write for Hollywood don't you?

Are there any Jew gangster movies/tv besides Once Upon A Time in America?

there's one jew gangster in the Godfather series

It's been 17 years and no sitcom has ever come close to this show's greatness.

JIDF pls

I figured a stormfag would respond like this. I fucking despise jews but I love this show. Jerry and Larry are self-loathing jews and are funny as fuck. There is also no jewish propaganda in their shows.

cite me one example of jewish/Zionist propaganda in Seinfeld or Curb. Please don't cite obvious satire.

Please, nigger, oldest Jew trick in the book.

Good goy

george is a greedy jew
newman is a meddling jew
jerrys and geroges parents are sterotypical as hell

honestly, do it.

So making fun of jewish culture by portraying Jerry's parents as being stereotypical greedy kikes is jewish propaganda?

I think you are just 14 and pretending to be a skinhead.

this, it makes fun of jews rather than promoting them

i really wish the fucking board mods would start banning this off topic baiting garbage, this is a topical board and Holla Forumsitics dont fucking belong here. Holla Forums is for taking a big steaming pile of verbal shit on someone for funsies, not every fucking board in the top 25

Identifying racial stereotypes isn't politics, you dumb faggot.

Fuck off back to freech you subhuman little shit.

That's not the issue at all, reddipol.
Every thread become "LE RACE" or "LE JEWS" id politics bullshit, it's fucking ridiculous.

CARMELLA COULD YOU PLEASE SHUT THE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

It's like neither of those things (although the Twin Peaks comparison was probably closer).

It's sort of like Goodfellas as a TV series.

If I wrote for Hollywood I would be suggesting there's nothing wrong with 'Mary Sues'

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/k/

to be fair they mostly joked about jewish stuff there
like that time uncle leo didn't get something with his sandwitch at the diner and said that they were anti semitic. then jerry told that joke on tv. but leo's girlfriend laughed when she heard. so he broke up with her like a crazy jew
i don't know, for what it's worth, the only times jews were mentioned in the show it seemed like they were being laughed at

I have never seen that retarded insult used on /k/, so I don't know where you're going with that.

For what it's worth, it's been 17 years since I've first wanted to bang Elaine.

My parents always used to watch it when I was a little kid. I always used to go to the bathroom and jack off to her, not knowing exactly why I was doing it.

Sopranos is like a Greek Tragedy. It's a story about people that have an aspect of greatness, which also makes them capable of being awful and their failures being more spectacular than normal people who have less agency due to lacking that aspect of greatness.

Rey basically lacks any agency because she's just a plot devise. There is never any tension in anything she does because Rey always wins.

It portrays them as lovable and harmless and sanitizes all of the negative ethnic stereotypes by removing them completely or making a joke out of it. Having grown up around Jews I don't recognize the people on Seinfeld as being Jewish due to how humble and relaxed they are and how "American" they seem. Especially the parents who barely use any Yiddish. Not one Jew gets itchy about the prospect of having a gentile in their home? Jerry and Elaine never get any pushback for dating gentiles? I mean vitriolic pushback, and constant shilling. Getting seduced by other Jews expressely for the purpose to make the interdating Jews relationships unstable. Not very realistic.

This kind of shit happens all the time. Jews have a ruthless social energy and are constantly up in everyone's shit and are overall very abrasive people and not in some comical way. Not what's portrayed in Seinfeld at all.

I do think the show is funny but pretending its' not an example of Jews managing their own PR for the consumption of gentiles is completely fucking ridiculous.

Can you give be one example of Seinfeld or David ever promoting Jewish culture in a public appearance? I can't think of any.

If you think it's all about PR then surely there should be some instance of the creators saying something in the name of Israel for PR purposes.

meant for

Don't forget to check under the bed for Jews, user.

Are you illiterate? I already gave you the example. I'll give another example. Not one Jew kvetches about the schwartzes in private? Get the fuck out of here. Totally unbelievable.

Seinfeld is The Cosby Show for Jews with a bunch of unrealistic characterizations not intended to be authentic. A show about an actual black family acting black would be unpalatable to mainstream audiences and Seinfeld isn't any different regarded NY Jews so we get this goofy, wholesome NY Jewish culture which is totally unrecognizable.

Why would there be? What the fuck does Israel have to do with anything? Surely there must be examples of Bill Cosby saying something in the name of Liberia for PR purposes.

It seems like you can't interpret this difference between satire and reality.

They teach things like this in Kindergarten. It's basic child learning practices. Apparently, you failed that class.

I'm from New York and I find it very recognisable.

I actually know what satire is, which is meant to expose flaws and vices not to conceal them. Seinfeld making Jews look quaint and folksy isn't satire. You are simply calling it "satire" because you know it is a deliberate obfuscation of reality but you don't want to call it what it is or address why its' an obfuscation when plenty of jokes are to be had based on authentic Jewish traits. Jewish writers certainly weren't shy about making light of the traits of Archie Bunker and his ilk. Why so shy about how parochial Jews in NYC actually act in public and private here? Of course All in the Family was actually satirical, and Seinfeld isn't.

Satire highlights things, bringing them into starker relief against background elements. The heightened reality of the Seinfeld setting conceals them. It's literally the opposite of satire.

It's sad that you had to go on a pretentious screed about the definition of satire which is allegedly taught in Kindergarten (it isn't) and then you had to be educated as to what satire actually is. Embarrassing.

Sure you do. Maybe you and user quoted above can hash it out. So for you it's very recognisable and for him its' obviously "satire" which is why the characterizations are unrecognizable. So which is it?

Presumably since you both disagree so starkly you should be able to have a lively discussion with each other. Or that won't happen because both of you only care about defending Jews from defamation and neither of you actually have a point beyond that or you'd have already pressed your points with each other already.

On the actual topic of the thread, even the Jew gangster on the Sopranos was a fluffy PR characterization. Wiener couldn't avoid making the only prominent Jewish characters ultra-progressive anti-racists even in private. Totally accurate to a 50s gangster to publicly bang negresses and shame his Italian mafioso associates about their racism.

Eye rolling elements that could have been avoided without Jewish staff writers making their self-insert characters virtue signalling heroes. Murderers and racketeers fighting racism. So brave. At least the writers for Boardwalk Empire had the nerve to make Meyer Lanskey unapologetically racist.

Of course this being the same writer that brought us those killer Mad Men lines like "I've often thought Jewish women to be the most beautiful".

Toby Zeigler's father in The West Wing was in the Kosher Nostra.

my niggas

Seinfeld didn't, but Curb got a tad political a few times. Plus the Leon seasons.

Right, anyone that isn't exactly like you is wrong and evil, and they're all exactly the same. Whatever you say, media drone.

Nah, Hesh was portrayed pretty realistically. He was a hypocritical sleaze all just like the rest of them, and he refused to apologize for fucking over all those black singers on his record label. I even remember one scene where he tries to be anti-racist and then immediately yells at a hispanic guy for comparing their oppression to the holocaust. I admit, they could have made him meaner, but it's not as exaggerated as you keep acting.

Sorry, but there's really nothing that can ruin the Sopranos for me. It's more realistic when it comes to Holla Forums shit than any other show I can name. At least until World Peace comes out.

You sure about that?

There's really not, Jerry was never that kind of Jew.

Some time ago he even shit on some reporter who was trying to get him to be more PC.

Yeah, here's his interview.