Can we admit finally that this is Star Kino of the franchise? Total noir and melodrama, no Star Wars ever like it

Can we admit finally that this is Star Kino of the franchise? Total noir and melodrama, no Star Wars ever like it.

r u evn trying, jaodi? if you get rid of Hamill, ESB is clearly the most noir in the series.

No wobder that the rest were better than this pile of turd.

Great ideas, weak execution.

If it were shot on film with practical effects and a different director it would be on par with the OT.

unpopular opinion inbound

aotc has the best plot out of all the sw films, and most of the eu

AOTC has the strongest 30's callbacks, they even squash in Princess of Mars.

Now imagine him as a practical effect and how much better he would have been.

Even Serkis sucked as Snoke.

go to bed JJ your star wars fan films suck

fuck off and die

every single thread…
When will this maymay perish?

I miss the days when this was the worst Star Wars film ever made. It feels weird now that it's only the second worst.

I know that feel…

At least an original story was told. r-r-right guys?

Some things AOTC did well. Jango was a worthy adversary, Boba's origin was handled nicely (the silent shot of him holding his father's still helmeted head says a lot). Christopher Lee managed to make a flimsy character appearing out of nowhere work as a decent villain.

I like the sequence in the bar on Coruscant too, mirroring the Mos Eisley cantina scene. It is subtle but there is even a hint of the animosity towards jedi who are seen as above the law or even perhaps corrupt, when Anakin encourages the other bar patrons to look the other way as they drag out Zam Wessell. 'Jedi business, go back to your drinks' sounds like a line from a mob enforcer. This theme continues when Watto's first request on realising Anakin, now a jedi, is back on Tattooine, is for him to collect on some debts.

Obi-wan chasing Slave I through the asteroids was okay as well. Plus we get some attempt at developing Anakin and Padme's relationship, even if it falls flat. The shot of Anakin's robot hand grabbing Padme as they are married was tasteful though, a sign of his decline into Darth Vader.

That brief part of Anakin's duel with Dooku looked impressive too, with just their blades lighting the close up shots. Sadly if you play some music they do look like they are at a rave with glowsticks.

Geonosis battle/arena fight was fun enough, alien space rhino, tiger and big spider thing seemed a little forced but they were bearable. I had the toy of each one so shoehorning them in was good for merchandise.

It just needed a script revision to uncringe the dialogue. It's funny how incredibly competent it was in certain areas such as cinematography and so on but also how ineptly it handled the dialogue, a lot of conversation shots and other things. AotC is a dense and beautiful looking film with a lot of excellent ideas but so much of it failing in its execution.

Wasn't it completely retarded though? I mean think today if 2 people are getting married and one of them has a prosthetic hand, wouldn't they just stand together so that they're each holding each other's hand - what's the fucking point of holding something artificial?

If his entire arm/hand was in a plaster cast would she have put her hand on the plaster? If he didn't have a replacement arm would she have held the stump.

No, they'd switch sides to the other hand because not doing so is retarded.

It's a good shot for half a second before you realize it's been setup for the shot and makes absolutely no sense. I bet a few people thought this as they were shooting but you couldn't question ol' George… no sirreee.

I mean, why would Luke use his artificial hand to place on Leia’s shoulder?

Tjena, söta bror!

Look at the mirroring of those shots, pure poetry

Either George is a genius or he's just got autism. Maybe both?

He was a Genius in his youth because of the pressure and limitations place upon his shoulders. That's what truly brought out it his talent and kept him from fucking up. When he was already a huge success after Empire, practically all the pressure and limitations were disappearing hence why Jedi was not as great as its predecessors. And when the Prequels came around, there was no pressure or limits anymore. He was richer than ever and unstoppable. Without that his work suffered. But despite its flaws it still had creativity and it didn't feel like some soulless and cheap money grab when compared to VII.

Counter-sage.