Has Call of Duty surpassed action flicks?

Has Call of Duty surpassed action flicks?

I haven't seen any action flick that looks this exciting at least in these two decades. Maybe Independence Day 2 will be able to compete, but WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY ACTION FLICKS??? Do I have to buy CoD to enjoy fun action scenes?

>>>Holla Forums

Go fuck yourself.

Holla Forums hates cod for being cinematic.

Well, it certainly ain't film or joint.

When did the series get so pozzed?

Holla Forums is the worst board.

terrible games.

haha dank meme bro ;^)

This is all you need to know it's complete fucking garbage. Sexual dimorphism, you niggers, women are shit soldiers, they can do on average ONE POINT SIX fucking pull-ups in the marines, if you had a standard of two the vast majority of women would fail. But we need our military to be as divided as possible so it's easier to rule them, I guess, maybe it's easier to get them to funnel citizens into FEMA camps when they can't trust each other because diversity is synonymous with divisiveness.

This is all you need to know it's complete fucking garbage. Sexual dimorphism, you niggers, women are shit soldiers, they can do on average ONE POINT SIX fucking pull-ups in the marines, if you had a standard of two the vast majority of women would fail. But we need our military to be as divided as possible so it's easier to rule them, I guess, maybe it's easier to get them to funnel citizens into FEMA camps when they can't trust each other because diversity is synonymous with divisiveness.

If I remember right the very first game was about world war 2 so I would say it's always been that way.

What the fuck does that even mean?

I see people saying that all the time on here and the only movie I've ever seen that's called itself that is by Spike "The world's biggest nigger, potentially ever" Lee.

Does joint just mean a nigger movie?

It's a goddamn Kino, you illiterate nigger.

Most of the COD games are about team America killing brown people though. Black Ops 3 was mostly about killing niggers and gooks.

Well you see, Spike Lee is black.

That makes me feel better about it being the game I'm going to play tonight.

Since Advanced Warfare and BO3, they've been wearing exoskeleton and artificial body replacement though.

No, action films have undertaken video games.

The focus on shit like excessive CGI and shitty, conventionally attractive young actors leave the genre feeling bland but the quality films from the 80s and 90s and even older war films are still great.

And why would you bring up CoD when games like F.E.A.R. or Max Payne do a better job of capturing what makes a good action movie?

FEAR has great gameplay, but it won't really translate well to motion picture experience.

It's just crime noir with matrix shootout in between. CoD is more diverse, action wise.

FEAR had one good game and decent expansion packs with floppy and shitty animation, and two terrible unspeakable sequels because Monolith is shit at doing a sequel to anything they ever do, and the shit studio that ported the first game to console plebs somehow got to make the third one.

NOLF 2 was great though.

Have you watched the new Mission Impossible? What action movies are you talking about exactly because I've liked a lot of them and disgree with you tbqfwy

MI isn't grandeur and over the top enough though.

I wish a war would really break out.

It'll be fun seeing CoD fags running out with their TACKTIKUL GEAR pretending it's a video game then screaming like skewered pigs for their mommies when the first round hits.

no you fool

spike lee calls his film joints because they're films that you can light up to while watching.

mainly because you'd have to forget the movie is crap, so you at least get to be high.

more like STALKER fags

That doesn't looks like a better action movie than Edge of Tomorrow.

do you even cheeki breeki?

wew, did I miss something?

Call of Duty hasn't changed in a decade but it's maintained high quality at least

Why are people shitting on this but openly praising
battlecuck?

Call of Dusty fans want the same thing, that's why they are getting a remastered modern warfare. They just mad they have to also buy futureshit infinite warfare to play it.

Where's the wave of articles calling the audience misogynist for not liking the trailer? It has about a similar dislike bar when it first launched. I guess when there aren't women in it, I guess it's just a shitty trailer or they don't like certain aspects that it presents.

In terms of a cinematic action film experience for the player both F.E.A.R. and Max Payne excel.

You get to pull off your slow motion gunfights and in MP your nice generic action movie vengeance plot. Hell MP is inspired heavily by Woo's films also.

True but it doesn't make that first game any less fun to play.

I'd also say F.E.A.R. 2 has just enough in it to be worth a single playthrough (the School).

Infinitely spawning enemies is a terrible choice in any game but in NOLF it was doubly shitty.

Also fucked up the shooting somewhat. Still love the game but the first is probably superior from a gameplay perspective if nothing else. I did like how they toned down the '60s was so sexist you guise' shit that I felt was overdone in the first game then again the people responsible were traitors anyway…

Though the high crossover with /k/ might leave them fairly well prepared.

Call of Duty may look exciting but the actual interaction does not match the tension on-screen.

If you want the action movie experience encapsulated in a video game, look to arcade games. You won't find it in shallow content munchers like Call of Duty that do nothing to test your abilities.

>>>Holla Forums
See a shrink.

Because they're memes. Probably dislike bots as well.

The school was terrible, boring section outmatched by any single section of the first game.

Fuck off with your shit taste.

READ A BOOK NIGGERS

Just play Ace Combat. Best cinematic games around, with a musical score to match.

nah i'd rather just watch a 2deep4u movie
also you can't post that image if you haven't reaad the series you, you, you fucking double nigger

Either you don't play video games and just watch gameplay trailers from youtube or it's babbys first FPS and you can't see all the scripting that's literally sucking all the excitement out of the gameplay, while giving the illusion that the setpiece encounters are "epic" when in reality they're hand holding you through the experiements and doing a great disservice to the medium by not playing up to its strenght.

Go play real old school PC FPS games (or immersive sim hybrids like Thief: The Dark Project/Metal Age or System Shock 2) to rid yourself of your pleb tier taste, faggot.

I don't think my brain can comprehend the level of irony in a statement praising FPS games as exciting gameplay, while chastising someone else for plebian taste.

No FPS games offer exciting gameplay. None. As in, not even one.

don't project my dude, I've read everything my tolkien twice

Play System Shock 2 on the hardest difficulty with out save scumming and then come back to talk about lack of thrills. Or for pure visceral thrills, Quake, Quake 3 Arena or Unreal Tournament against good players.

They're all exactly the same, from Doom to UT to Halo to CoD. The only reason people like playing them is for the gore and the teabagging. I grew out of that shit about 20 years ago.

Your input is worthless, casual.

I have no interest in playing yet another of a long litany of FPS games, none at all; so your suggestion while perhaps accurate is worthless to me.

Kill yourself.

You're wasting your breathe man, I don't care if it's the best FPS that will ever be made in the history of the universe, I have no interest in the genre any more, and it's because I have played them all. The last one that held my interest for more than a month was UT2 and the last one I tried to play but quickly lost interest altogether was Destiny. I have no love for th genre any more, there is never anything good enough to justify yet another entry into a tired, silly genre for adolescent venge-lords.

You're a moron.

You keep saying the same thing - I say I don't like chocolate and you say "but you haven't tried a hershey bar!"

It's the same fucking thing. Moron

Take a dictionary and look up what "all" means.

System Shock 2 isn't a straight up shooter, it's a FPS/RPG/survival horror hybrid, a thinking man's shooter so to speak. Not only is it brilliantly designed and relatively complex for a shooter, the writing is about as good as it gets in the genre. That's a really low standard, but it's from pre-Xbox&Steam era of PC gaming, so you're expected to read&figure out things yourself with out hand holding and the symbolism isn't pretentious or overt.

You're a retard if you took my statement literally - I don't have to have all 10,000 friends on black twitter to know I won't have any possible use for it.

explaining what makes it different is a far more convincing approach

Since you're such an ignorant fuckwit don't pretend you're an authority on the FPS genre. Now fuck off.

Don't take it personally brah, I really enjoyed them when I was your age.

Like how cuckolding is a thinking man's fetish?

It was inferior to the first game sure but so are 90% of FPS games released post-2003 or so. School was still fun and did a good job of pushing the testing stuff. It was also the only part of the game they showed pre-release since the rest of it was ass (ending rape aside, that was fappable).

If you had then you would know they aren't all the same. Why are you pretending to have played them and getting this assblasted over them?

But are you an insane cuckold fetishist as well, my friend?

The point of this thread is to say that CoD has LINEAR CINEMATIC sequences that look more exciting and grandeur than most action flicks released these days.

CoD works better as a FLICK than a VIDEO GAME, that's also the point.

Flick = entertainment, no substance
Joint = something spiky nigger make to be watched under marijuana influence
Movie = about story
Film = about direction
Cinéma = about characters
Kinógraphę = a voyage into your own subconscious and soul

I'm sorry to discover you are a retard

>>>/somethingawful/

What counts as "exciting gameplay" for you? Underage anime girls screaming? Get real taste faggot.

None of those games are anything alike. Confirmed for never playing them and just shitting on the very concept because it's current year.
>>>/tumblr/

Confirmed for playing anime games.

Jack Thompson/Anita Sarkeesian please.

>>>/tumblr/

Fuck off with your shitty meme.

lol it's cool
i've read everything my tolkien too

>>>Holla Forums

>That can turn herself into a fucking loli at will

Just give the demon her seed user.

You anti-weebs really need some serious psychiatric help.