Joining the Military

I'm an American, relatively young, and every few months I keep getting the idea that I should join the army. Compared to the various foes the US might deploy it's military against, it isn't clear to me that it's all that bad. And before you ask, no, I don't play FPS games or watch lurid action movies. What is your perspective on this issue?(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/75O2G
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you want to die, and I think you do, join a different fighting force. Chances are you'll be behind a computer all day long if you join the American Army.

Former Army Office..in order of precedence…Air Force, Coast Guard, navy army and Marines…go in as officer(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Why did you put the armed services in this order?

If this is the case, then why do they bother retaining their current numbers?

You realize you could just kill your neighbors and just shoot yourself? No need to go across the sea looking for some evil menace.

You'll be behind the computer user, not most people. Most people get sent over to be killed, but because you're posting here, you'll get to be behind the computer screen.

join the navy. You get almost the same pay and you get the same experience as if you joined the Army. As well from what a navy vet friend tells me you'll just be stationed on a port and never fight.(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Are your prospects really that bad OP

Stop being disconnected from relaity.

I could probably find employment somewhere else after I get my degree. It isn't so much about money as it is the feeling that I should. Maybe I'm just foolish and immature, I don't know.

While that definitely is something I would rather avoid, it doesn't seem so different from what I'll probably end up doing otherwise.

welcome to the goose stepping welfare boy scouts club, recruit.

Join the over a dozen US military bases in Syria

Just become some maoist larper and join a guerilla group in Boise or whatever, you'll find the same baseless sense of purpose without having to murder random Afghans

shit wordfilters lol i meant whypeegee

Go talk to /k/ on 4chan.
Really. Go do it.
They have a tread dedicated to this.(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Join the navy seals, than defect to a random Third World Insurgency Group.(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

What reasons do you have for wanting to join the military?

Russia, China, family, curiosity, and poorly defined gut feeling.(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Listen…If you are doing this with any intent to pay off some of your college tuition, I would ask you to reconsider.

If you are a communist then I would remind you that you are aiding the imperialist nation that stands as the biggest obstacle to communism for future generations.

but mr. Holla Forums says they are the ZOG Occupied Government!!!! shouldn't we join to spite them?

idiot cull thread I guess. post ITT if you want to get b&

This guy actually came from halfchan.
archive.fo/75O2G