Kyle Kulinski and Cenk Uygur debate over Russiagate

youtube.com/watch?v=p2kGYZ30GxM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cli5WNZ083c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"The Russians!"
youtube.com/watch?v=Cli5WNZ083c

What could possibly go wrong?
Seriously, I'd rather listen to nazis or monarchists debate geopol, at least they have a concept of it.

I like how americans talk about non-americans as if they are some borg hivemind.

yeah, no.

Isn't he a founder of the american socdem party?

My hyper-lib parents are so spooked about "muh russians."
How do I counter this bullshit?

I'm a M-L(-M) but I unironically like Kyle Kulinski. He's probably my favorite succdem.

was this meant to be ironic

Heres a little tip. Don't talk to anyone about politics. They don't care.

Politics is pop culture since a decade or so ago.
Its more often in popular film, music, video games, books, comics, and social media and comment section of online news outlets promote political discussion.

Of course the majority of people aren't into politics and don't get it, as was always the case, however today they are compelled to talk about it regardless.

I'd rather see Kyle and Jimmy Dore start doing collab videos. If Comrade Dore can win Kyle over to far leftism, we will have gained a powerful ally.

This Kyle character seems very mild, he keeps apologizing in the few random videos of his I clicked.
One of his most recent videos is him apologizing for making jokes on Twitter, for fucks sake. He won't be seen supporting anything outside the Overton window.

The Dore person is a standup comedian, he can get away with saying more extreme shit, because he just has the safety net of "it was a joke breh!".

Do you really think Jimmy is far left? He strikes me as a Progressive with Communist sympathies, but not a leftist.

Eh, I've watched Kyle for a long time. He's usually more like a Rush Limbaugh. He's high energy and goes into rants and holds politicians' feet to the fire when they try to lie or do something that hurts the poor. He gets more views than MSNBC and even though he says he's a centrist, his views are more often to the left than the right, and he is far more favourable in coverage of leftists than right-wingers.

He's radicalizing more and more. He's blaming "capitalism" as a concept for economic ills instead of individuals. I've watched him turn into a low-key leftist over the last few weeks and months.
The only thing he is lacking is the theory. He has understood the premise, he understood that "capitalism" in itself is bad, instead of liberals who believe that the individual "crony capitalists" are bad. He just doesn't quite have the theoretical foundation he would need. I think he hasn't been exposed to ideas such as seizing the means of production, surplus value, nationalization/expropriation and such. He thinks "Marx is hard to understand" (he said something in that vein once), but I think he was just too lazy to read it.
We need to send him short PDF summaries of Marxist economics lmao.

I think politics are commodified. The politicians offers his service while the voters take on the role of the consumer. That's why modern policies become more and more technocratic, nobody gives a shit about dusty polticial labels, it's all about the delivery of competitiveness of the public sector with the private sector. It's like you are electing the CEO of the biggest corporation on the market, but the distinction between the private sector and the state apparatus in their functions becomes more and more nebulous. A government branch is unprofitable? Privatize it. A government branch is highly competitive? Great, keep it. The normal consumer doesn't give a fuck whether or not he consumes a commodified service from a private institution or from the state.

He just did a video on the wall street crash, showing how a strong labour force incentives rich people to crash the economy, calling out the effect as a bad capitalist incentive structure.

He's not full communist but does it really matter?

I think following thousands of pages of autistic larping by economists and historians is counter productive.

Jimmy has a "gut feeling" for lefty viewpoints, he always frames things as helping the poor or being good to workers, it enables him to never get stuck in minutia.

I don't know why people are so mean to Cenk. It's obvious that he's a very well read and seasoned Marxist and one of our greatest theorists in the modern day. He alone was able to get a good enough grasp on Hegel's logic, combined with a mastery of historical materialism and dialectics, expert understanding of all the works of Marx, Engels, Lenin, et al and an firm grasp of Marxian economics, to funnel modern history through this solid base of revolutionary Marxist theory and at last arrive at the ultimate conclusion of Marxist thought up to this point: that the Armenian genocide never happened and women in Miami have nice tits.

You should not be looking to Dore for theory, he is solely a vehicle for spreading distrust and hate for the current system. He does not need to be ideologically pure, he just needs to be able to hit pressure points in the system and point others in the right direction.

STOP immediately, leave this place and NEVER RETURN!

I don't know why people are so mean to Cenk. It's obvious that he's a very well read and seasoned Marxist and one of our greatest theorists in the modern day. He alone was able to get a good enough grasp on Hegel's logic, combined with a mastery of historical materialism and dialectics, expert understanding of all the works of Marx, Engels, Lenin, et al and an firm grasp of Marxian economics, to funnel modern history through this solid base of revolutionary Marxist theory and at last arrive at the ultimate conclusion of Marxist thought up to this point: that the Armenian genocide never happened and women in Miami have nice tits.

This thread sucks, man. Cenk is a neoliberal moron, and Kyle is a boring succdem anti-sjw type. Why watch either when you could watch Jimmy Dore, or better yet, an actually fucking leftist?