One-third of all Americans killed by strangers are killed by police

Source: granta.com/violence-in-blue/

Other urls found in this thread:

fatalencounters.org/our-visualizations/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

such is life in america

lads, what will it take to despook Americans from their mindless cop worship? Other than the recent one with Daniel Shaver burgers have tried to justify almost every cop murder in the news.

LOL that's only one third of a fourth of all murders silly! You don't even have statistics! 1 out of 12 killings isn't a lot, you should participate in less dangerous, and more consumptive paths!
Why can I see a lolbert saying this deadpan? The times are burnt into my subconscious

At least 20% of people here will have to be killed. I'm not joking, that is about how many will unironically defend anything, and I mean anything, a cop does.

If only there was some large, explosive device capable of widespread destruction…
Do you seriously believe 1 in 5 Americans are literally unsalvageable?

We eliminate the burger pathogen before it spreads

There are legions of fat white guys in college sports gear, as well as under armor wearing rednecks in all parts of the country.
I could see converting the rednecks but not the "energy drink" rednecks

We need the land and unfortunately they're not gathered into one place.
At the very least.

In theory, let's say all of the reactionary Americans are packed into a large city. You would 100% drop the nukes?

it took one google search

Not if I could avoid it, fucking up living space and factories would be a bad idea. But in a hypothetical wartime scenario I wouldn't lose any sleep if they were to be casualties.

I'm very happy all of those pot smoking niggers were dealt with. I hate.

Good to know that although you think 1 of five burgers are broken beyond repair, you still keep the bigger picture in mind. Personally I'm not sure how much land there would be left…

muh resisting arrest.
muh arbitrary over regulation of the under class.

Assuming nukes, not much would be left. Factoring in fallout, we're talking about destroying infrastructure that can be used and fucking up agriculture and food supply to boot. Gulags or Anarchist prison camps will be a better option during the war, with reactionaries getting killed or repressed afterwards.

What it would take to fix america is measured in megatons.

Why are rednecks so obssesed with these shitty polyester shirts? Its mostly the muh guns types i see wearing it. Is it because of the name?

I find the way they present those statistics a little excessive. But on the other hand, saying 8% of all American homicide victims are killed by police doesn't sound as good.

Still seems rather high, fuck! But yea the 'killed by strangers' is a big qualifier.

I disagree, there's a big difference between being killed by someone you know and being killed by a stranger. If you know somebody they can have all kinds of motives to kill you, however strangers rarely do. Police shouldn't really have any motive to kill strangers either yet somehow they end up killing a disproportianate amount for how few cops there are. There are plenty of non-lethal ways to subdue a civilian but it never even crosses the minds of these trigger happy predators.

Seeing as I agree with you about everything you posted, what do you disagree with me about, exactly?

Maybe I incorrectly assumed your issue with the way they presented the staristics. What's your issue with the way rhey presented the statistics?

'Anarcho'-liberal circlejerk it is.

Why no absolute numbers? Because these bourgeois liberals believe the proportion to sound more powerful. And that suggests that the fraction of a fraction killed by police sounding so large is due to the smallness of the absolute numbers - that is, policing prevents so many murders that the occasional incompetent/fuckface/insane cop manages to become a significant fraction of a fraction because of the overall rarity of violence.

This literally makes the cops look good, you idiots.

lolno

nearly 2000 a year, and that's the ones they don't cover up

Absolute numbers aren't really useful without taking the size of the population into consideration. If I say 100 people died from a disease in a region with 101 people you'd have far more concern than if I told you 100 people died out of the world's 7 billion+ population.

Then you'd do it per 100 000 people/deaths, not OP's obscurantism

2000 a year is super fucking rare.
And I'm not gonna take some large numbers of cover-ups on faith

Because they're not as relevant in statistics as relative numbers.

No, it doesn't.

But somehow you have no problem believing death rate would be higher without cops on faith. Really strong intellectual honesty going on here.

the cattle and the masters have to be purged

Maybe it's not so bad.

With the US homicide rate being approximately 15,696 in 2015, 2000 is a big chunk of that

they don't quite kill 2000 a year, but it is really worrying that police violence is becoming more and more common and at least since 2000 an encounter with police is more likely to leave you dead than ever.

The most comprehensive archive of police related killings is at fatal encounters.
fatalencounters.org/our-visualizations/

You guys really are autistic

Real question is, why are American cops so psychotic?

The prison-industrial complex. Most western cops are just trained to keep the peace and respond to crime, American cops are literally trained to hunt down people to feed to the PIC. They don't look for stable individuals who can deescalate a situation and allow everyone to go home fine, they look for borderline psychos to aggressively police and bring in absolutely everyone they can. This, along with an extremely fear-based training that teaches a cop that he has a high chance of dying at every single interaction with the public. For instance the hotel cop was obviously an aggressive asshole who thought it'd be a good idea to play Simon Says, but he probably did genuinely think the guy was reaching for a gun and that's why he shot him. If he was properly trained he would've realized a drunk guy scared shitless and crying wasn't a significant threat and wouldn't have felt the need to shoot him based upon the smallest threatening move.

these are people who derail threads on purpose
the only statistic you need is how "crime" is down yet police violence increases
and that's a systematic problem

they kill slightly over 1000 in the process of arrest, but another 600 to 1000 (these numbers are much harder to find) die within three days of being jailed. These deaths should be included as police killings as part of the arrest process. They still leave out all the people who are killed in longer-term imprisonment.

The way statistics are framed is a tactic that both the left and right use, and manipulating the wording to provoke a stronger emotional response is disingenous. There's nothing wrong with saying "8% of homicide victims are killed by cops." That's still a shitload of people.
Don't be that asshole who twists numbers to manipulate people.

Just you wait.