The Detroit commune threads

For those who were around here at the time : why and how did this project failed?

Other urls found in this thread:

marxists.org/archive/trotsky/1911/11/tia09.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

same reason most of these large-scale chan projects don't work: all talk no action.

People were intent on doing it in Detroit which meant paying tens of thousands of dollars in back taxes rather than a southern city where there are actually cheap properties. Also it would require people meeting up and actually spending money that none of us have.

As someone who has tried another organisation thing on here, its because people are fucking lazy, tbh

to add to that, 90% of the people who talk about revolution here are fucking literal fantasists because of their laziness

no thanks

I shiggy diggy

It's not even laziness. It was an idea that couldn't have worked. They fantasized it exactly because of this. It's like an animu gf: you can never have 'her' and that's what makes 'her' so appealing.

Because it was an idea and not a project.

Because no one on here has money?

It would have been expensive and organizing anything more than funding a $500 episode is going to be difficult on a chan.

Organizing on a Chan is very difficult outside of raids and charity drives

i would have come over from australia if this had of happened

Whoa epic let's do it again

I tried to tell people here about how you can get cheap or free property in some other states but hardly anyone was on board because they are kind of middle of nowhere.

Keen

Send IRC channel

peopled stopped attending meetings, and no progress got made on key issues. I kept telling people to make a business plan, but no one would. Everyone was insisting on urban agriculture and aquaponics, like we were off-grid homesteading, and not a block away from walmart and produce pays dirt shit.

A better use of money might be to buy ad space with statistics about capitalisms negative impacts on daily life and how it causes deaths.

why?
capitalism can't kill anyone, it's only bad people and bad business owners who do, and well even if there are some bad sides to capitalism, There Is No Alternative

But that was the business plan, minimzing life expenditure through self sufficency and then making some extra money through software/hackerspaces. Are you that idiot that wanted people to start up heavy industry?

Guys, we gotta start a hacking and cam girl collective. That's where the real money is.

20lb of enriched rice is $8, next argument.

I'll be the Male talent. I've got a good cock and wont threaten any of the viewer's masculinity.

communist politics in action

Right which is why both warehoues and michigan in general with its back-tax were terrible ideas

why not bank robbery, you fucking nerd

I can't cum inside a bank.

Lol good luck you fucking bugman

Actually, you can

Literally utopianism

Why not bomb the offices of bankers?

marxists.org/archive/trotsky/1911/11/tia09.htm

I don't think the project developed far enough to be called a failure. Like, if two people talk about having sex together, but because of living far apart from each other and one person is at work while the other is at home, it doesn't come to it – I wouldn't call that having an abortion. And I have the same advice I would give these two hypothetical horndogs: Never say never. There is no deadline, so it not happening now or tomorrow doesn't disprove the idea. You can't say your commune dream is dead before you are dead yourself.

That doesn't sound very sustainable. Maybe if it was in a far off location and you started some hashtag to get people to support it. Otherwise they'll eventually just send the National Guard to obliterate your commune, fucko.

This, there were like four Americans who were actually in travel distance, the rest of yanks were too far away, and the rest of the users were not even Americans. In the end, it turned into an idea that a handful of people pushed to be dismissed by pretty much everyone else because a miniscule amount of people could even be involved, and even then, to no reasonable degree.

This mostly

so why didn't you

Nearly everyone pushing for the idea had a bizarre idea that everyone else had to do it for them before they could contribute. I hate lifestylists. I still prefer /namibia/, as far as failures go.

leave, normie.

Seems like the solution is going to the middle of nowhere and seizing the woods.

Detroit was chosen exactly because of the cheap properties.

A friend of mine took once took out a loan, built a motorhome in an off-road soviet van thing (One of those forward control ones that have a flat face, apparently it was pretty cheap, and really good at offroading) and went off into the woods with no intent of repaying the bank. Perhaps we could buy old mailtrucks or busses and do the same?

how will you get money for food/medicines?

by participating in and perpetuating capitalism and ultimately never expanding beyond a lifestylist model

suits me, lifestylism joo hoo!