Why haven't you spent endless meetings and hours of inefficient labor as part of your local Food Not Bombs organization...

Why haven't you spent endless meetings and hours of inefficient labor as part of your local Food Not Bombs organization feeding the homeless sub-par Vegan food in a random precarious way /left/?

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnotbombs.net/new_site/faq.php
foodnotbombs.net/principles.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because Houston made feeding the homeless illegal and veganism is shot.

From my experience, FNB's usefullness is not in serving food but in recruiting for other organisations.

it should be illegal when done this way.

why would you want to recruit activists when you can recruit at your factory/place of work?

Because workers are not the only useful segment of society vis-a-vis community organising.

I see Xir is trying very hard to make anarchist look bad. How eternally buttdevastated he must be.

Yeah when youre using multiple sketchy kitchens, untrained cooks, transporting food outside by bike etc.

Youre treating the homeless like second clasz citizens that dont deserve as much respect and the same standards of food as the rest of society.

And that doesnt even include the destructive nature of charity in the place of class struggle

But OP, i do. come to LA food not bombs and fite me dicknugget.

idk, about your experience with food not bombs but in my opinion the food is bretty good. most of the people we serve say they have a hard time finding food made with fresh vegetables and are usual really happy to get something that's not just another peanut butter sandwich.

Also, in our chapter we have trained cooks and a trained medic, so there.

Honestly the only remotely valid point you made was the last part of your post.

It promotes a two tier food system.

And kind of shortterm interests at the loss of low term interests

Bad food is better than no food is such a limp wristed liberal argument. Its like saying why dont we give all the stale bread to the homelsess bc they dont deserve normal food bc they dont work so we ll give them scraps we sere gonna throw out

Bad pay is better than no pay! Ugh

i've just about had it with fucking purists on here, talking from an ivory tower of doing PRECISELY FUCK ALL IN THE NAME OF CLASS STRUGGLE AS IF YOU ARE FUCKING LENIN HIMSELF WHEN YOU ARE LITERALLY NOTHING BUT A KEYBOARD WARRIOR, ITS ALWAYS THE SAME FUCKING HAUGHTY, HOLIER THAN THOU, MARXIER THAN THO, ANARCHOER THAN THOU BS "HAHA LIBERALS ACTUALLY DOING A THING HA DON'T THEY KNOW ABOUT MY INTERNET NARRATIVE AHAA IM SO SUPERIOR.. YOU ARE FUCKING NOT. YOU DO NOTHING, YOU ARE USELESS, PURELY A DEMORALIZER. FUCK OFF

you are a priviledged cunt. Bad food is better than no food, you would know this if you had ever been in a position where that was your option. Shut up and fuck off

I actually agree with your sentiment that charity discourages revolution.

Realistically though, unless you have a way of abolishing all charity, your actions are irrelevant. Boycotting a charity is about as effective as boycotting any other capitalist institution. There's no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism.

just to come back this
no, plainly it fucking isn't, evidently the idea of starving is totally alien to you, or you wouldn't spew this bollocks

This level of humiliation: the poor have to rely on anarchists to deliver them healthy food.

Oh but youre helping! Goldman Sachs doesnt care about your salads.

It's a good thing the poor can survive on dignity alone.

You definitely are helping an individual by giving them food, but you aren't going to have any measurable effect on the chances of revolution by letting them starve.

Do you also tell the poor at least they dont live in africa?

Civil society absorbs the contradictions wihin capitalism and acts as a mediator so everything short of revolution isnt even reformist. Filling in the gaps serves capital, its why many anarchists are just another breed of liberal or opportunists.

You're completely right. Both options are idealist in different ways tbh.

I've never been to a Food Not Bombs, but the local Maoists in my city run this thing called Serve the People.

They meet ever other Sunday regularly in this park and also offer diapers/childcare as well as clothing and anyone can donate or take as they want or have need.

It's a bit strange though. They act as though it's some sort of dual power community-run support group instead of a charity, even when it's clearly the Maoist cadre running the show and a lot of the people that come treat it as the charity it actually sort of is. Also, I offered to bring something like green beans or collards and they insisted that I bring something with meat in it, and only accepted my offer when I said I'd put bacon in my collards.

why not both?

I can understand why they might say this, but it shows they really don't understand nutrition. A vegan dish full of protein and saturated fats is just as beneficial as the same quantity of meat.

They probably already have a bunch of veggies in storage because they're cheap, you ninnies.

also
kek'd internally

Why would they be paying to store perishable food when they could be serving it?

If they had some store of vegetables, they weren't serving them.

What I saw while I was there was junk food (chips, soda), ramen salad and hotdogs. That's partially why I offered to bring the green beans or collards, I thought what they were serving could use a little more nutrition.

I'm surprised about all the negativity in this thread, Food not Bombs is the rare example of the Anarchist community doing something right for once. Feeding the hungry is a good way to (as mentioned) recruit, generate good will and demonstrate the viability of alternatives to capitalist distribution. No-one objects to veganism because the food tastes bad. The real reason to avoid FnB is because the people involved with it are likely to vomit a privilege theory word salad over you. Such persons are insufferable.

The point is to organize and to recruit by showing the weakness of the capitalist system. Much as I would like a revolution, attempting one without organization is retarded.

Well fuck you too user.

Have you ever shoplifted food because you were broke? Or spent several days without food, or lived on ramen for a week?

Organizing is great but you can't say that the point of FnB is to organize for a revolution. That's pretty heartless

whoa Mao should have just cooked for people to bring about revolution, why didn't he think of that?

I have.
In the long term it can be and I don't see why that's an issue.

Legitimately bad food is much worse than no food. Gut wrenching starvation hurts less than being accidentally poisoned.

Legitimately good food is not prime food found in porky only restaurants - good food can be cheap, home made and frozen, and baked to serve later

This thread is full of obnoxious hyperbole

you obviously dont cook for yourself or other people

Bad food is bad ingredients from bad cooks and you might not get served by someone who does cook for themselves to begin with

i really wonder who might be behind your post

Could you explain what you think the Chinese Workers' and Peasants' Red Army did for nourishment, please?

Because I am not a faggot.

Ffs Stirnerites are fucking cancer

Sense when is the avrege person’t kitchen scetchy

most people who cook for themselves are “untrained”

What’s the problem

kys

Charity is uselessa nd organization like these are useless. What you give the homeless and poor people food? Big fucking deal, on the next day they will be hungry again, and on the next, and on the following day as well, so on and so forth.
Actually giving them tools and support to not have to resort to charity? naa fuck that, that why those fuckers can't virtue signaling anymore isn't it?

Ever hear of Dabbawalas? Such a good system that Porky is trying to port it to the first world via Deliveroo. Heard of them?

I assume this is to stop veganism from ruining image? Nothing wrong with veganism but the rage it incites in normies isn't worth it. Same things with certain styles of dress, and what not. Can't get coopted by some fuck off ideology, to then inevitably become a liberal.

Nice post.

Your property gotta be well fed tho

If you'd've ever been in a situation such that you had nothing to eat, you'd know bad food is better than no food

I'll tell you what, if there is one good thing that came out of this thread (and there is only this one good thing) , it gave me the kick in the ass I needed to finally be done with this lefty cesspit.

Why does internet leftism suck so fucking hard?

foodnotbombs.net/new_site/faq.php
Go out and study some nuclear physics while you're off the internet and stop being a useful tool for the cock brothers.

Good job, you found out the founding members where involved with an anti-nuclear power protest, congratulations. come on over to my house, and I'll suck your cock you intellectual leviathan, you.

Where are you getting this info? It's certainly not on their FAQ, in fact they make it sound pretty damn centralized. You can be an anarchist and fix potholes all you want without submitting to some organization spreading fear about nuclear energy. You know that right?

How about right here dumbass
foodnotbombs.net/principles.html
TWO - EACH CHAPTER IS INDEPENDENT AND AUTONOMOUS AND MAKES DECISIONS USING THE CONSENSUS PROCESS

There are no ideological buy in, nor an enforcement method to cause centralization, there is a central ideology, but that's it, you can essentially become a chapter by serving vegan food and anti-capitalist literature, and call yourself a food not bombs.

2. Leftism and anti-nuclear power activism and views are not mutually exclusive (it's stupid, just like you are, but not exclusive)

It doesn't even say that food not bombs is anti nuke power, you're really grasping for straws.

holy shit what is this 2009?
anyway FNB could be cool if they dropped the dumpster diving and veganism angle and served people decent meals. I did FNB for years and the look on people's faces when the mysterio bean slop served from a pot with a half inch thick puck of burnt matter at the bottom hits their plate still haunts me to this day. all this varies from town to town of course but good FNB chapters are generally the exception to the rule of poorly prepared food served by miserable drunks in nausea shirts

Just about always
Which is fine if they're making food for themselves but if they don't know the proper ways of safely preparing food they can make people very sick
If foods aren't kept at or below a certain temperature they very quickly become breeding grounds for bacteria. If this bike ride is just down the block or a few houses away that might be fine, but if it's so long that whatever (hopefully) insulated container they're keeping this stuff in begins to warm up, again, could make people very, very sick.
He is right and you are dumb as shit.

It's not like most of us have anything better to do. Even inefficiently helping people helps more people than sitting at home intellectually or physically masturbating.

Zizek told me not to.

You can enjoy doing things for others.

Most people like treating their property well.
Egoists can't even into ego logic jfc.

Should I look into doing food not bombs?
They're in my town and I'm supposed to be doing volunteer work anyway.

Karma is real. Only in cooperation can humans thrive. No man is an island.

wow that was easy

wow much lulz

Karma is a retarded reactionary concept.

No, all karma is is the law of cause and effect. Actions have consequences that reverberate for eternity.

Yes, and so does everything else. And yet they also get swept away by the attraction of the averages.

Because anarchists/anti-authoritarian/decentralized/"le'ts be kind to each other"/meh-organizations are the most agressive organizations there is.

How bad is the food, really?