Why isn't mass immigration frowned upon in here? I think there are many arguments that should make anyone realize mass immigration is detrimental to the transition to a next mode of production and to society as a whole.
1) It perpetuates an unsustainable mode of production based on exponential growth, since the next generation must work to sustain the previous ones. The generation must also keep a birth rate high enough to ensure another generation is there to pass the burden to, hence the need for mass immigration in developed countries with low birthrates.
2) It is detrimental to the environment. This mode of production doesn't accounts for the limited state of natural resources, since it advocates for exponential growth instead of seeking an alternative which would be able to cope with low birth rates while maintaining productivity high and use of resources to a minimum.
3) Low quality jobs become the norm, since the demand for jobs increases the offer decreases and the quality of the jobs offered becomes lower and lower. Mass immigration and cheap labor also makes automation unprofitable, thus it is delayed in it's implementation or never implemented, entrapping workers in this model, making in harder to transition to a better mode of production. In case automation is employed alongside the demand for work increases even more, not leaving a security margin in the workforce to account for the jobs lost until the transition is accomplished (if that ever happens), resulting in a deep crisis that could kill millions.
4) It delays the implementation of automation, since as mentioned, increasingly cheap labor makes technologically advanced solutions less profitable.
5) It expands the breach between the rich and the poor, due to the mentioned availability of cheap labor from which one can easily profit from.
6) Countries which adopt the mass immigration model won't be able to compete with countries forced to innovate due the challenges that a low birth rate poses.
7) It robs developing countries from one of their most valuable resources, workers, since many prefer to immigrate to countries where they're better off instead of working to better their own countries.
8) It destroys the society's ethnic and cultural background. Even if traditions and ethnicity are not important to many of you, I don't think they should be abolished and destroyed in the name of such a backwards production mode.
The value attached to these "spooks", should, in any case, be much higher than the value of fostering such system.
Why not advocate for a mode of production similar to that of Japan? With lowering birth rates comes less use of resources and the need for innovation and technology to avoid collapse, with innovation and technology comes higher productivity and better life quality. I think this model is the only one that ensures a peaceful and calm transition to a new mode of production in which the working class is abolished and substituted by machines, which aren't sentient, so it would be ok for us to become the bourgeoisie that leeches from their work, abolishing classes once and for all
at least until machines become sentient and kill us all for oppressing them for so many years .
Choosing automation over immigration will rob the bourgeoisie of the power that a human desperate for work can provide and making the population believe automation is their enemy. Choosing automation over immigration will put them between the wall and the sword, with the only conclusion being transitioning to the new production mode.
Sorry for possible errors, English is not my first language.