TFW Uncontacted Amazon Tribe Killed then chopped up by gold miners

we 15th century now

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/amazon-tribe-uncontacted-killed-massacred-dismembered-gold-miners-brazil-funai-a7940081.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesuit_reduction
cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-monday-edition-1.4283875/miners-who-boasted-about-killing-uncontacted-amazon-tribe-members-now-under-investigation-1.4284677
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who's ready for the real deal?

problem being?

O fuck off

Pretty shitty movie tbh. Wouldn't be remembered if not for the edgyness/turtlekilling.

smh tbh weak

How are the last people uncorrupted by capitalism meeting capitalism for the first time, violently

Reactionary at all

Should just leave them the fuck alone

Every last person on Earth shouldn't be under the influence of a single nation, and the Amazon deserves to be left alone. People need to get the fuck out of there, cheers for the natives for getting revenge for how much wood they've fucked carved up

They should use the empty spaces as game trails

Because they're highly patriarchal and have a rape culture. Duh.

How primitive does one have to be to be exempt from the laws that apply to others?

What Holla Forums misses is that their "leave them alone!" essentially designates these people as wildlife.

Uncontacted by other human beings

there's nothing capital should find in land untouched by it

Agreed, the acting seemed so wooden, and the whole "what if we are the real cannibals!!!" message was outstandingly hammy. Though as a Marxist, and a fan of media and reporting, I feel the general concept of genuine documentary making being tainted by the capitalistic push to make shit that sells holds deep standings, and is a topic to explore in film.
In a way, maybe the film as a media object acts as a symbol for this view held by the film it's self; it's edgyness definitely attracted me to watching it and catching it's relatively simply message. But I don't think that the director though that far.

Also Tupi tribal girls>everything else with a vagina

ow the edge

I'm not sure if you're trolling, shitposting, or just new here but even the feminists here try to avoid using pop fem terminology

hnnnng

even the kulaks don't get eaten, this is going too far

Shit, with the beheadings going on in prison, people being burned alive in a tire, guys getting pieces of their body chopped off every month a la the Dagestan Massacre…

May I ask what the fuck is going on in Brazil? Seriously, I'd like some kind of dialectical or materialist analysis of why that kind of shit happens there.

There's a place called the Amazon. It's fucking huge. Uncontacted cultures live in it, and they want you to leave them the fuck alone. Alas, Brazil does not.

Go look at what 'reactionary' means, it is not just a buzzword.
Being anti-civilisation and primitivist is literally the absolute peak of reaction.

I've always been fascinated by these uncontacted tribes. Do they have std? Why are they still uncontacted? Why kind of crazy stuff goes in their camps? If I kill them how will they find out? What will they think? What do they eat? What do they smoke? What happens if I make them smoke a cig? If I make them drink alchol? Do they ever killed civilians who stumbled upon them not on purpose?

No it's not. Communism is just primitivism with a few added steps.

Allowing cultures that haven't even progressed with us to remain uncontacted and untouched isn't really primitivism, it's just being polite

Everyone misread this.

It isn't "Uncontacted Tribe dismembers gold miners"

It's actually "gold miners dismember uncontacted tribe"

So…

Nope smart ass

"no"

Why? Are you trying to protect some 'purity' or do you have some voyeristic motivation for keeping these people in a pre-civilisation glass bowl? For the record I don't think they should be thrown on the streets of the cities but fetishisation is just about as absurd.

"Uncontacted Amazon tribe members 'killed then chopped up by gold miners'"

"They were members of an uncontacted tribe gathering eggs along the river in a remote part of the Amazon. Then, it appears, they ran into gold miners.":

Yeah dude, I was saying that no one in here misread

So you just plan to assimilate them into Brazilian culture after not interacting with it for their entire existence.

Nobody is "fetishistic them". They remain uncontacted because of the numerous ethical and legal problems associated with assimilating them by force, not to mention how badly such a process could possibly go.

They aren't "totally isolated", they have their own culture. One that's near extinction more then I keep hearing how Western culture is.

Considering how understanding their language is important to anthropology, etc. Just not fucking with them and disseminating bullshit to them is the right call. They need to become "documented", in an academic sense but that's the real extent of it.

Also they're uncontacted because stories like OP happen where miners or forest strippers just murder them because their fighting back for having the forest set on fire.

So voyerism, then. Again, not saying that the languages and societies should not be studied, but so much of this screams fetishism of 'pure noble savages' to me.
I do concede that my a priori valuation of global community and the common, shared knowledge it brings colours the notions of 'isolation' and 'integration' here.
Which is why an organisation with at least a nominal purpose of common good such as the state should do something about it, not rapacious corporations. Then again I have no misconceptions of the effectiveness of Brazilian authorities.

Maybe revive the Jesuit reduction without the Evangelization part?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesuit_reduction

Now say it with me, Jesuit Gang Assemble

You realize that it's not the tribes doing this, right? It's petite-bourgeoisie and thugs in Brazil in general. This kind of brutality is common among criminals, and I wanted to know why. You also seem to have misread the title; gold miners in the area were the ones that chopped them up and dumped their remains in the river.

They do it because of racism, discrimination, they're about as alien to civilization as you can get and seen as a boon for the left, so killing them is also politically symbolic.

The classes and the races, too weak to master the new conditions of life, must give way.

The fuck is wrong with Brazil

irrelevant shiting

maybe I'm confusing geographic regions, but don't they have better shit there?

Capitalism just werks and never killed anyone. BTW please donate to my GoFundMe so I can afford a physician visit without having to become homeless.

Anyway, yeah it might be false. Information from places that remote isn't really reliable.

The miners who did it admitted o committing the crime:
cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-monday-edition-1.4283875/miners-who-boasted-about-killing-uncontacted-amazon-tribe-members-now-under-investigation-1.4284677

Yes, excellent shit

Brazilian native cultures are fucking insane, basically, and people dont give them the proper respect