Holla Forums and Holla Forums doesn't believe in free trade

Other urls found in this thread:

aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2014/08/exposing-great-poverty-reductio-201481211590729809.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Labeling trade deals as just "free trade" is dishonest, if a trade deal allows for the free movement of capital between participants then firms will move production to whichever participating country has the most lax health and safety regulation and lowest wages. If you refer to TPPA then you're even more dishonest because a huge amount of other nasty shit was included in it.

aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2014/08/exposing-great-poverty-reductio-201481211590729809.html

t. porky

If you want your precious "free market" move to Somalia, faggot. Sure the health & safety laws are complete shit and the place is a corporate feudalism but at least the government won't stop you from selling crack to child prostitutes on the street.

is this one of the few things that Holla Forums and Holla Forums can genuinely agree on?
Granted they dislike it for different reasons.

Holla Forums:
globalism is a way of screwing first worlders out of employment in favor of Indians/Chinese being paid slave wages

Holla Forums:
globalism is a form of neo-imperialism that keeps workers' conditions horrible in less developed countries.

No, because Holla Forumsyps are globalists as well

It also affects workers in developed countries by going for cheaper labor instead of hiring in the countries the companies themselves are based in.

we need to define "work", work for who?
far too often neoliberals will say "well, the gains from this trade deal will be so great on a national level that we can easily give more money to the proles who'll lose their jobs"
the problem is then when the crunch comes, the domestic bourgeoisie benefit, and often the foreign proles benefit, maybe even ""middle class"" consumers benefit, but everyone's forgotten all about the domestic proles getting fucked.

if you aren't going to ensure that compensation actually reaches the people in your own country are receiving a compensatory share then my duty to my constituents is to destroy the deal. i owe no loyalty to the domestic bourgeoisie, no to ""middle class"" consumerism, and limited loyalty to the international poor. as a domestic politician, my job is not to serve as the head of a charity for the global poor - if we all benefit, that's great, but if everyone but my constituents will benefit then it's my duty to fuck everyone else over for sectional interest. (But of course, just as the striking worker always takes the blame for service disruption - why can't we force the blame on those who wouldn't make concessions to the poor and their representatives to get the deal?)

Belief is shit, what does the free trade DO, and to WHOM? The answer to these questions is entirely relative to time, place and populations concerned. Only an imbecile would think to say "I'm for free trade xD" - it's totally meaningless.

While sweat shops are shit it's a lot better than subsistence farming in a shanty town. Myth of underdevelopment, absolute drain etc. still persists because of turd worldists.

That Friedman cunt he doesn't deserve his fine mustache.
Confession: his arguments impressed me when I still read the nytimes and was 18y/o.

But I do. Do you?

Marx was the first accelerationist

T-t-thanks

Free trade works great for the imperialist West. It's terrible for everyone else.

"Free" trade is only "free" for those who are doing the trading, aka porkies. Proles don't benefit from China being able to shovel over different shaped plastics on store shelves replacing actual manufacturing. One of the biggest fallacies with liberals/redditors and "free" trade is that it improves the economy. Well guess who owns 99% of the economy? Not the proles! Society needs to move away from "the economy is doing good" meme because all it means is wallstreet is doing good.

Stfu Vlad

So what? All that happened in England too.

Nigger what
Do you understand how reality works? You dont farm in shanty towns, you farm on farms.

Arguably Internal Free Trade could work but external Free Trade is fucking shit and is collapsing on itself
And the type of Free Trade we have is almost entirely External in which there is no tax or tariff for selling to another nation but internally you have to deal with higher prices and worse regulations than your overseas rivals propping up a phony system