/religion/

Containment thread for religious discussion cause over time I've realized that we actually have a number of anons here of varying different religions or religious related ideologies. Whether your that one Ba'athist user, a Christcom, or of some other religious persuasion, I kinda want to hear how your faith or religious experience relates to leftism.

Not bait, pls no bully

Other urls found in this thread:

usccb.org/issues-and-action/human-life-and-dignity/economic-justice-economy/index.cfm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Islam is the light and capitalism is haram

Al qaramita were cool..

No one cares about about your sky ghosts.
go away.
Unless you have a specific topic about religious leftism, or a philosopher you want to talk about, you don't get a thread.
You don't see atheist generals, for fucks sake.

Religion is the opiate of the masses.

This

Reminder that God is /ourguy/

Unless this board has suddenly become anarcho-monarchist, /notourguy/

Nah

Reminder God literally support the rule of kings in the bible.

The Israelites demanded a King and God literally tells them that its not a good idea. Then he tells Samuel to tell them what it would entail (which is a whole list of pretty terrible stuff like how they would be volunteering their sons for war) and the Israelites respond by saying “No, but there shall be a king over us, that we also may be like all the nations, that our king may judge us and go out before us and fight our battles.“ Then Samuel asks God what to do and he basically says if they want a King, let them see what its like, they've been warned and they go into this eyes wide open.

So no, he doesn't.

To all christcoms:
Despook me on Catholicism

Ba'athism isn't a religion sweetie.

I mentioned
Mentioned it because I know of one here

Former Methodist that converted to atheism (not new atheism). Ask me anything.

To what degree does the negative space that Christianity used to occupy effect your beliefs now? Do you feel like your rejection of Christianity plays a big role in your current worldview?

Do you mean how it has carried over to my current worldview? I would say that the teachings of Christ inspired my desire to work with others and treat them how I would want to be treated. If I interpreted your question wrong would you be able to elaborate more?

Not a huge part. I'm more critical of religion in general than singling out Christianity. I think my rejection of Christianity only comes into play when people use it as a scapegoat to explain real world issues.

Read Liberation Theology. Dorothy is ok as well if your into anarchism/georgism and I know the quite a few IRA leader incorporated Catholic rhetoric in their speeches. The Catholic Church has overtime adopted a strictly SocDem postion on things with the Catholic labor movement and the EJFA statement usccb.org/issues-and-action/human-life-and-dignity/economic-justice-economy/index.cfm and has pushed for economic reform with things continuing to move farther towards labor oriented politics, especially with the 1983 code of canon law overturning the 1917 code of canon which in turn made the communism declaration mute.

So were teetering currently. Tbh it will depend on the country that pushes for revolution first.

Yeah, you interpreted them correctly. They were kind of the same question, but the first one was more generally asking how your former Christian beliefs influenced your atheism.

It's interesting that you (seemingly) didn't reject Christian morality or w/e when you became atheist. I haven't met any atheists who haven't become anti-Christian to some degree tbh.

I was raised in a large Christian family so I don't feel necessarily antagonistic of Christianity as I do religion in the grand scheme of things. While I don't accept any form of objective morality, I think that the golden rule is a sensible way to live no matter how much I were to focus on my own interests. The same idea shows up in eastern religion and literature to some degree, especially Buddhism.