A general strike would be more effective and have a greater chance of success than a revolution

A general strike would be more effective and have a greater chance of success than a revolution.
Prove me wrong, faggot.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.it/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/25/labour-immigration-jeremy-corbyn-attitudes
google.it/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk/2012/jun/21/job-agencies-prefer-foreign-workers
wsws.org/en/articles/2010/12/span-d04.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No. It doesn't work. At least not if it's just that.

powerful argument

Assuming that you manage to provide supplies for the strikers (who are going to be hurt just as much when the shipments of food stop coming in) the state will order cops/military to sieze those supplies. At that point you're fighting a revolution anyway (though it's much better propaganda if you can provoke the counter revolutionaries into being the first to resort to violence, and a general strike is one way to do that).

Oye jeffe,
Escucho que usted tienes trabajo trabajo
quiero que trabajar!!1!!1

stop using google translate, guero

well your spanish is terrible
also muh immigrants

good luck with your strike buddy

This
And soldiers would kill anyone in the strike, just as how happened in chile in 1907

google.it/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/25/labour-immigration-jeremy-corbyn-attitudes
Corbyn is Holla Forums

This. Too many scabs today there is no working class solidarity. Unions are dead as shit OP what are you smoking
General strikes would be a good meme but people are too desperate today for it. Despite what accelerationist dipshits think having a society where 500 people apply for 10 minimum wage jobs really makes the proles hate each other rather than 'gain class consciousness'

The term revolution inherently implies that is successful so I'm not sure what you mean. A coup?

not what I said at all, but review the posts and see if there is a racial element to the ones arguing muh immigrants

typical

read What is to be Done

C'mon he was just making a joke about mexicans. Don't need to be so serious. The Holla Forums paranoia makes it impossible to talk about certain things on this board.

google.it/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk/2012/jun/21/job-agencies-prefer-foreign-workers
It's a fucking mess.

Probably. If nothing else because when the governments get the army to walk the workers into their workplaces, they might realize what the extent of their freedom is.
But a strike would probabnly never reach the point where porky cannot fire/threaten the workers into profitable productivity,so the strike becomes just unpaid labor and job insecurity.

I wasn't the one that brought up race at all, don't make me out to be the tightass.
That being said, to suggest that Latinos have no potential for class consciousness is to be ignorant of history.

This is a decent point

Capitalists can outlast workers, they have greater stockpiles.

He didn't say that tho. He meant another thing.

A general strike? Is more effective for what exactly? Winning minor consessions? Slightly more scraps from the table?
I'm not saying strikes are pointless, only that they are but a mere tool for generating tension. Revolutions can overthrow governments by definition, strikes cannot

Sorry about the Sage mobile posting take a corrective bump

Yeah, but the implications.
Many of the posters here (especially newfags) are youngers, and do not remember how close we were in 2008 to not having stocked shelves at the supermarket.
This would terrify people, and do more to expose class struggle than anything else I can imagine.
Especially in burgerland.

more effective for real radical change, see my point above
also, I don't take sage personally, I'm not a redditor, and it's not a downboat

Bumping has its purpose tho on chans

sure, and it is appreciated
Back on topic-
Imagine that the circulation of capital stopped in USA for two days.
Trucks bring nothing.
Shelves in mart are empty, building only good for shart.
Don't think this could happen this fast?
Look at the idiots about to cause a gas shortage in texas. One sign of a shortage of anything, and people will start hoarding furiously.

Yeah general strike …

When 73% of people are one paycheck away from losing everything the chances of getting anyone to strike, let alone s general strike are 0000000

My only question is what is done about the state? It will crack down on workers, or offer them paltry concessions (such as the New Deal) in order to pacify them. If the strike resists the state, then how is this any different from revolution?

Alright, I will give this a whirl.
Would national guard members actually fire on citizens?
think what you want about troops, and they definetely think civilians are spoiled bitches,but they do want to defend americans.
If the strike was truly large enough, truly universal, then the state would be forced to make major concessions. This would embolden the working class, and lead to greater class consciousness, a bigger movement, and could eventually lead to real progress.
Pulled that out of my ass, anybody buying it?

No.

Imagine being that spooked. If that were true then that would mean the bad guys won according to the right-wing world-view and there were essentially no consequences. How would you reconcile it with the fact that we allegedly live in a moral universe with God at the center of it?

oh that's easy, they just claim "muh fallen world"
"muh man's yearning for corruption" or "muh original sin", depending on which flavor of christian crackpot you are dealing with

Not impossible. Consider the police too tho who are class ducked af and have fired on/ killed strikers. Very situational, conditional.
In that case tho give the universal nature of this strike it say the difference between it and a revolution are probably largely semanitc. At that case it would be bring the state and current order to an end, which would then make it a pointless distinction.
Not to say it isn't interesting however

you're not wrong
I don't believe that a general strike would allow the proles to seize the state or the MoP, but it could very well strengthen their position and lead to class consciousness and solidarity spreading like wildfarts.

Earlier this year, the biggest general strike in the history of my country happened
Do you know what it did?Fucking nothing

What country?

What if the apparent tendency of capital to lead to such state of affairs means the putting hope in the consciousness of wage labourers is misplaced?

Shit praxis, famalam

Please respond.

So much for the anti illegals right

That's why you also develop dual power to threaten the very existence of the state without necessarily resorting to violence (until they fire the first shot)

Not necessary.
I remember in spain there was a particular strike of air controllers(2010?).They organized it around the summer tourism (august) so it would be very damaging. wsws.org/en/articles/2010/12/span-d04.html

>The air traffic controllers struck after a decree on their labour conditions was passed by the Council of Ministers on Friday afternoon. This decree stated >that the controllers have to work 1,670 hours per year, without counting parental/maternal permits or sick leave. It also included the possibility of >militarising the airports immediately if air traffic controllers went on strike, and sending doctors to workers' homes to check whether workers who have >called in sick are in fact ill.
But here is the best part:

>This is only the latest attack on the workers, however. In February, the PSOE issued a decree cutting controllers’ wages by 40 percent, increasing >hours and reducing rest periods. The government apparently passed the latest decree in anticipation of renewed opposition by the air traffic controllers.

>Army units are authorized to forcibly seize air traffic controllers from their homes, transport them to control towers, and force them to work “under >military authority”. The government will treat disobeying orders given by the military as a crime, punishable by six months to six years in prison.

The fucking army took the workers from the houses and meetings and forced them to work at gunpoint.Some PR bullshit later, all is well.You see, when porky profits everyone profits, was more or less the line.How dare those greedy air controllers damage MUH ECAWNOMEE.

And the worst is that most people just bought into the whole "they are just entitled and making too much money" instead of doing their research on why the strike was organised in the first place. You can see it with the security strike of barcelona this summer, worker's solidarity is dead and most people is classcucked.