How much free speech is too much?

How much free speech is too much?

Other urls found in this thread:

reason.com/blog/2017/08/25/germany-raids-shuts-down-far-left-websit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why block out the names when we can just go to the original thread on Holla Forums for the unedited?

What's HUDining, who are those sluts and why did you make another shit thread that assumes everyone will understand what you mean without elaborating?

I like the system that we have here in germany. You are allowed to say anything you want, except when you are calling for violence and send hate to a group of people , you can get jailed for it. Problem is, that the far right then proceeds to use rhetoric tricks to organize themselves and to get others involved. And there is where the line of hate speech and opinions get blurry. I like it the way it is, but you should always keep track of organisations and keep an eye on them. I wouldn't change it though.

What is a yt girl? Not a native english speaker

Kill yourself kraut, your government shuts down leftist sites. God, I wish Germany would just disappear already. You autists have brought nothing but ruin to the world.
reason.com/blog/2017/08/25/germany-raids-shuts-down-far-left-websit

What the fuck is going on in here?

no bully germans pls they gave us marx, engels, and rosa

Yeah, I agree that was shitty from them, they probably did it because the elections are in about one month and because of all the hate against leftism from the G20 summit, they decided to do that. But it got refuted, the site will be up in the future.

How much free speech is too little?

The American First Amendment has it right, you're country is just full of clowns. The hate speech bans in Europe don't even work.

*your

Why would a woman wear an "I Love Rape" hat?

Must be something they put in the tap water…

Did Marx even know about Hitler, or Nazi germany, an if so why didn't he ever adress the problem of fascism in any of his books at the time?

this is the lowest quality bait i've ever seen

Prepare to be flooded with cheesy "muh freedumb" sophistry and slippery slopes by Hitchens loving sentient fedoras from the U.S of A.

If you don't know what does some anglo web slang means, try to spell it out loud. "qt" -> "kyu tie" -> "cutie". "yt" -> "way tie" -> whitie. That's my guess.

I don't have any better ideas but that system looks absurdly exploitable, in the form that selective enforcement.
I'd say that if it an be circumvented easily with keywords then it should be torn down entirely.No enforcement is better than arbitrary enforcement.

Incidentally, the same applies to the farce that passes for democracy in most countries.

Because he was too busy helping his main man Engels preemptively cuck all fascists forever.

Great fucking logic. I'm glad we have people like you in charge of solving the extinction-level threats facing our civilization.

Oh well, at least the laws haven't completely backfired on the lef-

well fuck.

Then yeah! I'd say you've taken it too far.

I think calling for others to be stripped of the same rights as you should be off-limits. Otherwise, absolute freedom.

I though "THE HU" was some kind of slang for "the hood" but clearly it's not. What is "THE HU"?

No they just create political prisoners.

the liberal order in which 'free speech' was a meaningful concept is dead, do not bother trying to resurrect it. liberalism was a product of the print and bourgeois society, it has become impossible under digital media and widespread economic/ state collapse. its up to us to go beyond liberalism.

Beyond direct threats of violence, someone having a bitter opinion or unsanitary language isn't the problem, the problem is currently, under capital, having the power to act upon them systemicly.

You sound like you're justifying light-fascism. No thanks.

useful tip #1: always assume the state is out to get you.

"Your rights end where mine begin" is fair.

Basically, if you use your speech for fraud, incitement, libel, etc. these are reasonable limits. Part of the problem is that the law itself is murky, so penalty even when something may arguably actually be breaking existing laws, is still left to the "free market." And that does result in things I disagree with occurring.

Universities, as they are now, are basically able to pull whatever bullshit they want. So maybe somebody can't bring their hat to every class, and a black guy can't bring his Public Enemy shirt to every Klan meet. A lot of oversensitive bullshit in the world.

There isn't a limit on free speech. I should be allowed to call for the murder of literally anyone I want, or read out a pedophilic erotic story, both in public.

oh boy the bi-weekly 'would you could you ban free speech in X scenario' thread