/wageslave/ thread

There have been several NEET threads, but let's have one for us wageslaves too. Here's some greentext quiz to get the thread rolling. I promise it's not datamining, you don't say anything you feel is incriminating. I just want a nice comfy greentext thread.

>BONUS QUESTION Any movie/music recommendations that you enjoy currently that other /wageslaves/ should check out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzZlOKnYlw
youtube.com/watch?v=sLjoGkeXFdw
youtube.com/watch?v=-udZb4f9gmI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no replies? what has become of this place :(

Currently listening to Lydia Lunch - Queen of Siam.

Having a white board on your wall is actually really convenient for writing down errant thoughts and other things like that. I used to have one in my apartment before I moved ;~;

Ft work pics and cute kitty I met at one customers house

9-6 Monday - Friday
£8 something an hour
40 hour weeks.
I work in the back room and yard of a large diy store.
I spend most my day getting covered in filthy black Chinese dust that comes in coating all the stock. It's terrible. I get filthier than when I was a gardener.
My bosses are on a constant rotation because no one lasts long, and they all treat you like it's your first day and you've got downs syndrome.
At least I get a lot of free tools and stuff that get returned by idiot customers who don't know how to use them. They're meant to be thrown in the bin. It's the most wasteful thing I've ever seen.
The staff on my level are all mostly all good people, just trying to get by whilst keeping their heads down, but then they get walked on by the management who force them into unpaid over time. I'm the only one who'll fight but I can't do it for everyone when they can't even pay me correctly. I've suggested unions but the work force in the UK are so misinformed that most think they're not allowed and that they'll be fired if they join. People have even said 'do we have a union?'.

The masses need educating properly.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzZlOKnYlw

youtube.com/watch?v=sLjoGkeXFdw

youtube.com/watch?v=-udZb4f9gmI

I have almost the exact same work life you do but I work in video surveillance.

Thanks for contributions, here's one well-deserved (you) in advance.

>>>/wage/

Art director? That's interesting. I'm a graphic designer myself (OP). What did it took for you to become an art director, if you don't mind me asking?

[late 20s m @ PNW] I've hit the " low wage / stress level" parity. Where working in my field (kitchens or factory jobs) is so stressful that it is less stressful to be jobless and approaching homeless. These jobs don't pay enough to afford anything of necessity; housing, medical, higher education. If I can't have basic housing etc. with a job, why the fuck would I work when I'm nearly as well off not having any money.

Yea my fingers were bleeding after my last winter working in a kitchen living out of a van (bad combo of dishwashing fluids, non-stop abrasion, and cold temps). I used to rent apartments and have friends over, a safe organized place for my provisions, to not sleep through nights in sub 0F temps. But these are fading memories in my increasingly shelter-less life.

So right now I'm struggling to come up with some housing solution other than my van which is cramped for me and one pet. I have only begun to network with others in this pressing situation who are working on alternative solutions for land acquisition or non-establishment housing options.

Good luck out there comrades.

good luck to you aswell

Why are leftcoms literally the most abhorrent dipshits when it comes to -any- form of human interaction?

Grocery clerk
5-8 hr shifts, 3-4 days/wk starting next week. Right now I work ~44 hrs total since I have 2 jobs but I'm dropping one next week.
Come in, sign on a delivery for milk, move it into the cooler, stack it, pull out skids and stock shelves
Coworkers are mostly normie uni students who think they are going to be making $100k after graduating from their HR degree.
Quit university (4 year comp sci degree) after 1 year a few days ago, going to go to trade school in January. Not sure what for.
I'm thinking of doing an HVAC/CNC machining course or perhaps an apprenticeship for general machining/toolmaking. Welding is a good meme too. I'm worried because I don't have -any- connections and I have no idea how to get an apprenticeship. Trade unions seem to operate on nepotism like crazy. Hopefully I can get a job at my city's transportation commission but they are pretty nepotistic too.
I have a union but they do jack shit. I still get minimum wage. At least it's kind of hard to get fired.
Most automation in retail is coming from retailers going online. I have some CS knowledge and don't believe the hype. There will be grocery stores for a long, long time. As for robots and shiet I would say there's too many variables to automate. I.e. a skid having leaking items on it, cutting boxes that don't fit shelves, if grocery is going to be automated there will be a -huge- difference in the way grocery stores are designed.

They just throw out the tools? What the heck?

Good job user, seems to me you're doing the right thing.

1-8AM is a hell of a shift. Damn.

I didn't really think that there is a lot involved when grocery stores become automated, which eventually does happen, because you can't really buy food from a fucking e-store. My guess is that they will implement more vending machine-type of things for groceries that don't have a short best-before date.

I would say watch The Wind that Shakes the Barley if you haven't already and I've been listening to Killdozaer lately.

good praxis tbh

Have you researched this occupation? I wouldn't do it even if I could.

Stereolab is pretty cool and subtle to sneak in my workspace.