Houston Hurricane Harvey

I am a member of the Huston chapter of Redneck Revolt.
Some folks associated with the common ground collective, BASH,
Huston Redneck Revolt, are coordinating with other leftist orgs in the region to help direct volunteer efforts and assets.

You can PM me here facebook.com/redneckrevolthouston/ if you are interested in volunteering.

We are asking for aid in this crisis. Right now Boats, clean water, and basic first aid are top priorities, but in the months to come we will need, medicine, funds, generators, food, and equipment/volunteers to help remove debris.

This effort will extend beyond immediate relief once the flooding subsides and will be aimed at long term recovery.

If you're looking for places to send money, bodies, and resources that isn't the Red Cross or other NGOs but rather locals on the ground putting forth community relief efforts:

DONATE: paypal.me/BASH2017

VOLUNTEER: [email protected]

SEND RESOURCES: amazon.com/gp/aw/ls/ref=?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0&lid=26UOYXYJ77GJW&ty=wishlist

It is also still not safe on the ground in Houston yet, we are not able to mobilize around the city yet. If you have a boat and are able to rescues, we would encourage you to start doing that near where you are. Otherwise, we are still bearing rain and unpredictable and dangerous flooding, so it will be a while until efforts on the ground commence beyond our immediate neighbors and homes.

Other urls found in this thread:

mic.com/articles/184080/texas-set-to-impose-new-insurance-restrictions-as-residents-face-damage-from-hurricane-harvey#.UjIRURvOx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd help but I'm flooded in right now.

Me too. I didn't even get it as bad as other places but all the roads around me are flooded. No one can get in or get out of the neighborhood.

Yeah my street was flooded last night, didn't get into my house or my car but the street looked like a damn river.

AHAHAHAHAH LOOK AT THIS SHIT! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS SHIT. I AHVE TO PRINT SCREEN THIS. IT'S TOO GOOD. NO WAY DUDE, NO NO FUCKING WAY AHAHAHAHAHA

The mighty USA empire, THE GREATEST NATION ON EARTH EVEr, can't help the citizens of the 4th biggest city in their own land? AHAHAHAHAHAHAH
They have to come to the fucking internet begging for help. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

USA! USA! USA! USA! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The U.S. has a large military and takes everyone's shit with imperial fuckery.
That doesn't make it a great country.

are you ok

This the type of shit we need to be doing, keep it up famalam

Yeah.
Im actually up in Livingston myself.
Roads flooded me out of my house, but im staying with inlaws.
Chapter members in the city have opend up their homes when not flooded.

Speaking of which if any of

Need a place or knows of anyone who needs aid please contact the main RRH page to coordinate.

My bad, i just noticed who you were responding to.

Thx

Bump

You're preaching to the converted here. Post this on Holla Forums or on youtube or something.

best of luck comrades
go save some lives and open some eyes

I wouldn't help even if I was in a position to. Texans voted for their local, state, and federal governments. Let's see how well that works out for them.

kill yourself Holla Forums

Don't be mad user. I just believe in people getting what they voted for.

Thanks

This effort is as much an organizing opportunity as it is a humanitarian situation.
And no, Texas did not vote as some monolith for all the same corrupt politicians.
Do you even into U.S. politics?

It's an opportunity for Texans to see what happens when you haven't built a society that is responsible enough to plan for emergencies and build robust infrastructure.

But what will happen instead is probably this: charity will try and fail to fill the breach, a bunch of people will still die unnecessarily, then about a month from now the feds will pass a spending bill doling out a meager amount of cash, little of which will make it to the affected people.

Nobody will learn anything and nothing will change.

On the other hand what could happen is leftist orgs, while aiding people, could develop a network of community mutual aid and streamroll past the charities growing im membership and fostering grassroots left wing movements in the area.

But if you insist remain in your armchair. Know that your misanthropy is the surest way to what you described though.

Keep dreaming. Leftism will never take root among America's idiot hinterland dwellers.

People take being recused and helped during times of need very personally. They often get inspired to help others and care more for their fellow citizen. The hearts and minds of people can be changed and people can learn something from the experience.

G O O D P R A X I S

As Harvey pummels residents, Texas to restrict weather-related insurance claims

mic.com/articles/184080/texas-set-to-impose-new-insurance-restrictions-as-residents-face-damage-from-hurricane-harvey#.UjIRURvOx

here comes the gentrification

Thx

History disagrees with you

Switching phones on this post

What history and what alternative strategy of action would you recommend in this situation

I guess you just came to take a shit and jet. Cool.

Also bump.

Take youe meds.

Not him but glad you're okay.

something something Stalin paying rain clouds to stay away from Ukraine