There is any marxist branch that embrace magic/metaphysical stuff?

there is any marxist branch that embrace magic/metaphysical stuff?
at least the wilt to live and feel this moment drawing way outside the lines.

Other urls found in this thread:

tripleampersand.org/altwoke-companion/
chaosmarxism.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if it embraces magic/metaphysical stuff it's not marxism anymore

No.
Piss off.
Marxism is worldly.

there is π–‡π–Žπ–”π–™π–Šπ–ˆπ– π–‰π–”π–”π–’π–˜π–‰π–†π–ž π–ˆπ–”π–’π–’π–šπ–“π–Žπ–˜π–’
tripleampersand.org/altwoke-companion/

I believe in tulpas but I don't think there's any branches that embrace this sort of thing.

Not Marxists, but a few anarchists. Hakim Bey, Alan Moore, and others. I'm a little upset, though that they hijacked the word "metaphysics" in ordinary language.

What the fuck is magic even? If it's something that exists in reality, we can study it and systematize it through materialist science. Then it's just a feature of the universe.

he looks like a wizard…
also, alan moori isn't the writer of v from vendetta?

Yes.

he also looks like a wizard

If you're the type to believe in magick… you're going to end up looking like Gandalf at some point.

It's basically pseudoscience that works heavily within psychology, but applies mystical rhetoric to dress it up.
For instance, a lot of occult talks about symbols and their power on the mind, a scientifically accepted phenomena. what separates it tho is unlike science they often don't have a materialist basis for the origination of many phenomena.

So what's stopping someone from scientifically studying it to turn it into a rigorous discipline? If something is happening and can be observed, it can be studied. The basis for its function is not that important, at least initially, in working out the system.

I think there is something interesting to be said for this topic even from Marx himself. 1844 manus:

"In the approach to woman as the spoil and hand-maid of communal lust is expressed the infinite degradation in which man exists for himself, for the secret of this approach has its unambiguous, decisive, plain and undisguised expression in the relation of man to woman and in the manner in which the direct and natural species-relationship is conceived. The direct, natural, and necessary relation of person to person is the relation of man to woman. In this natural species-relationship man’s relation to nature is immediately his relation to man, just as his relation to man is immediately his relation to nature – his own natural destination. In this relationship, therefore, is sensuously manifested, reduced to an observable fact, the extent to which the human essence has become nature to man, or to which nature to him has become the human essence of man. From this relationship one can therefore judge man’s whole level of development. From the character of this relationship follows how much man as a species-being, as man, has come to be himself and to comprehend himself; the relation of man to woman is the most natural relation of human being to human being. It therefore reveals the extent to which man’s natural behaviour has become human, or the extent to which the human essence in him has become a natural essence – the extent to which his human nature has come to be natural to him. This relationship also reveals the extent to which man’s need has become a human need; the extent to which, therefore, the other person as a person has become for him a need – the extent to which he in his individual existence is at the same time a social being."

My point is that Marx is a pretty severe naturalist at this moment, saying that the level of development of people is to be seen in how self-conscious they are that they are nature.

This Man = Nature equation reminds me of Spinoza's God = Nature equation. I think that it ultimately comes down to monism. If monism is the case, then everything can be drawn down to the same qualitative level.

I think that the mystical experience is ultimately nothing more than a reevaluation of the ground of subjectivity. I don't think Marx is committed to vulgar materialism and even denounces it. The people who do nothing but rep scientism as Marxists are tbqh the new tankies. No, it's not Stalinism, but it's vulgar materialist fundamentalism and honestly very bourgeois.

But I also know some hate young Marx. My gut feeling is I just hate them back, but I need to learn more 2

This is a fine take. These people are potentially counterrevolutionary and should be watched carefully.

Magic would be fucking with metaphysics.
It wouldn't be a realm of standard science because it wouldn't necessarily follow naturalist laws. You're not playing within the system, you're re-writing the rules of the system.

I think I'm understanding you. But the thing is that anything you could do to change the laws of physics, say, would be part of the "real" laws of physics. It's just appearance/essence again because for us we cannot distinguish between what ARE the laws of the universe vs. what APPEAR to be the laws of the universe.

Sufficiently developed tech is magic because you don't understand how it works. So any scientist can be very confident that any magic will line up perfectly with what we know about science. If it relies on things we don't understand, then at issue is the fact that our scientific categories are abstractions, not the real thing. I.e. what seems like one thing to us, the gravitational constant or whatever, would really be determined by something else that the magic would tap into.

So as far as your post I don't think it's re-writing the rules of the system because if magic does exist, and is always possible, then that says something about how the system already is. Maybe this is not interesting because you're just like "ok. but there's no magic so who cares."

And yes, but it's only a tautology because we don't need magic to explain anything. The obverse of magic in our consciousness is the nagging understanding that science doesn't know everything. Also my nagging suspicion that sufficiently developed science will destroy subjectivity.

good

point

Sounds more like you're saying it would fuck with scientific theories, not science itself. If it involves manipulation and cause/effect relationships, then experiments can be constructed.

No. It's indistinguishable from it because you don't understand it. But it still falls within a certain set of naturalistic laws. Your lack of understanding those laws or how they're exploited is not the same as being able to say "fuck the laws of nature".

It might not involve cause/effect relationships though. That's what I'm saying. It isn't necessarily going to be within the bounds of naturalistic, universal laws.

my ex was big into the tulpas thing… shit weirds me out but you so you

If this manipulation of "metaphysics" is bounded by rules, then those rules can be studied and incorporated into normal physics.

If there are no rules governing the possible manipulations of "metaphysics", then everyone is already a god and there's no sense doing anything because the whole world you see is probably just a cruel trick played on you by another wizard (assuming someone hasn't already erased the concept of probability). In that case nihilism is the only answer.

Not necessarily. That's like claiming that you can incorporate how to write monopoly rules into the rules of monopoly.
Only assuming everyone is capable of magic in the first place.
This is true regardless of whether or not the world is a trick by another wizard.

your

not

on

reddit

No, forget about "marxist metaphysics". It's materialist to the core, specifically historically materialist. However in a broader sense there do exist plenty of leftist metaphysical and occult trends and concepts. Look into:

*blocks your path*

Tiqqun.

That spooky cross point between SCI-FI and the supernatural. I dig it, man.🌿πŸ˜ͺπŸš¬πŸ’¨

lavey is retarded just for the ayn rand influence

>>>/Occult/

chaosmarxism.blogspot.com/