Itt: must watch lefty movies

itt: must watch lefty movies

pics related

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/2015/06/03/411524156/in-search-of-the-red-cross-500-million-in-haiti-relief
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what if this movie was written by a secret Holla Forumstard

Well it wasn't the refugees that caused the social problems, it was a result of it. And it did lead to social tensions, just like how it happened IRL. I don't think people realize just how prophetic this movie was, we're heading at light speed towards a Children of Men society every day. However, the movies morals are not lefty but liberal as fuck, since the main character turns against the revolutionary group and leaves the baby to a stupid NGO instead. If NGOs are our only hope then we're absolutely fucked

the only "lefty" movies are documentaries

If you want to know just how bad NGOs would be at handling the coming collapse, just look at how the Red Cross fucked up in Haiti on an unimaginable scale. npr.org/2015/06/03/411524156/in-search-of-the-red-cross-500-million-in-haiti-relief tl:dr they received $500 millions in donations and managed to build a whopping total of 6 homes

Fuck NGOs, man. If I was locked in a room with someone from Red Cross, someone from ISIS, a nazi, and a gun with two bullets, I'd shoot the Red Cross member in each kneecap.

"free to choose children" by Hayek and Rothbard

Th Red Cross is filled with nepotism and corrupted people. Well…at least the president of the Red Cross in my country gave jobs to his wife, daufgters, brothers and they all live happily ever after on donation from kind hearted people who still trust this types of organizations.

I fucking hate when people say this, it's lifestylist af. We fill our lives up with necessary distractions and we miss out on time to connect with people and organise.

I sort of agree. The only GOOD lefty movies are documentaries, obviously you can have good films outside of that, but they're not good LEFTY films.
That said, Ikiru is my favourite film ever, I think, and while it isn't neccecarily leftist it is certainly humanist, which is arguably integral to many forms of leftism.

we already had a movie thread

Yeah. Most NGOs are like this but the Red Cross are the absolute worst and most porky of the bunch

I hate this kind of garbage. I wish I could start an actual nonprofit and actually do some good. Locally, of course, for the beginning. I have $20, though. I just want to help people and not have 99% of my money go to line some asshole's pockets or for "awareness" that no one cares about and if they do they donate to line aforementioned asshole's pockets.

Look up charity navigator and giving what we can, they tell you the charities where your money will actually do the most good (typically anti malaria or clean water ones)

Doctors Without Borders is the best one, many of their doctors spend several months volunteering in often hazardous zones, working for free in between their regular doctors jobs. It is also the NGO that spends the least percentage of donations on wages and "administrative costs". If you're going to donate to NGOs, they're the one to go to

there isn't a single spoiler there

the third picture is kinda spoilerish if you didn't know the plot of the movie

brought on by collapse of neoliberal capitalist system. it's a literal critique of neoliberalism and how the government subverts blame onto immigrants even though they are just human beings in the same shitty neoliberal capitalist system leading to the sort of government in the movie

if anything this movie will 100% predict the future

So only blacks survive?

the whole time i really admired and felt sympathetic towards the leftist radical intifada style revolutionary group even how they were represented in the movie. [spoiler] giving the baby to the NGO was ultimately a retarded decision since the uprising could literally be achieved ten fold if they had a baby proving just how wrong the neoliberal/fascist government is for their immigrants aren't people bs.
they get the baby, uprising is a guaranteed success since everyone would be behind the group with a literal baby, then the resisting anti-gov people could instill a leftist/communist utopia. simply giving the baby to the NGO does nothing but gurantees the survival of the fucking baby and mom and not the entire world so the ending sucked[/spoiler]

CHILDREN OF MEN IS A MAOIST MOVIE

MADE BY
NAZBOL GANG