Exxon Mobile Pumping Toxic Chemical Waste Into Historically Black Texas Community

And it's been going on for 17 years. Everything from fumes to fires.

theintercept.com/2017/08/13/exxon-mobil-is-still-pumping-toxins-into-black-community-in-texas-17-years-after-civil-rights-complaint/

The plant releases at least 135 toxic chemicals, many of which — including 1,3-butadiene, benzo[a]pyrene, and styrene — are carcinogens. And the plant is regularly in noncompliance with the Clean Air Act. Yet many of the people I met on my recent visit to Charlton-Pollard said they felt there was no point in trying to fight Exxon anymore.

That this happens in the richest country in the world is disgusting

And nothing changed in Burgerland

Picture of the plant itself, seventeen years filthy.

And to make matters worse,

BUT HEY, JOBS EVERYBODY

When the children Malveaux teaches in Sunday school have memory problems, which, along with Autism Level deficits, have been tied to air pollution (especially hydrogen sulfide), he assumes that is the likely cause. “My kids at the church, you can tell them something and, five or six minutes later, they done forgot it,” said Malveaux. “It used to irritate me because I thought they were messing with me, but I’ve come to understand that they really don’t remember.”

==

According to the EPA’s data, people in the neighborhood have a risk of cancer from air pollution of 54 in a million, which is significantly higher than the national average of between zero and one in a million. But even that considerable number is based on Exxon Mobil’s own estimate of its emissions. Jefferson County, where the refinery is located, has a cancer death rate for African-Americans that is significantly higher than both the state and national rates. But it’s impossible to know Charlton-Pollard’s exact cancer rates, since the neighborhood accounts for less than 1 percent of the county, and the state doesn’t make available cancer statistics for that smaller area.==

I want to see some real stats though

I don't want to be getting played by environmental fags

Read the fucking article, it has sources. Why after I posted everything you would doubt it being a mass hoax for 17 years by "environmental fags" is honestly beyond me.

We need to start killing rich people and not stop until they're all dead because they're doing the same thing to poor people, but slowly.

You are a fucking retard.

Texan here. This state is a libertarian hell hole that believes absolutely any kind of regulation "kills growth".

This shit makes my blood boil. Houston and the areas around it are polluted as fuck in general and I know this is why my sister has so many health problems.

This is why accelerationism is a meme. Everyone will just lie down and take it.

bump

Duh. Did you forget who is Trump's secretary of state?

Well, they've been doing it since it began in 2000. That's when they were most opposed, but still, their complaints went unheard.

A bit of a jump later, and they're still unheard, and now poisoned by toxic chemicals.

KEK

This is coming to a neighborhood near you in the future dumbass. Don't be crabby when you're in your 50s, it's hot as hell, everyone is poor, labor is destroyed, and a chemical plant from Exxon belches known carcinogens right into the faces of children.

jesus

This is some Industrial Revolution era shit. Exxon doesn't even have concern over the children they're affecting with this bullshit they've been pulling for near 18 years.

Shit looks like something outta Stalker. Disgusting.

Remember when Infowars' dignified façade of anti-globalist tyranny slipped when they did hit pieces on the #NoDAPL movement back in late 2016? Accusing the water protectors hitting police dogs and being funded by Soros and shit…

Exxon is giving flowers to these people, and the globalists are reporting its 1,3-butadiene! Folks, clearly, these leftists would only confuse flowers for 1,3-butadiene

We're only just halfway to Hardware

7000 fucking dollars

Only somewhat related but they made a TV show about this exact situation. It got cancelled after 1 season.