How disappointed are you in the organization(s) you're part of?

How disappointed are you in the organization(s) you're part of?

Very.

ishygddt

Well, if we take leftypol to be an org:

I'm in a local trade union, which is completely worthless for anything except ensuring work goes on as efficiently as possible. Shit like this just reminds of how right Pannekoek was about them, and how this thing will never serve to organize something worthwhile like a mass strike when the company I work at decides to lay off a bunch of people again.

I'm also part of a local communist group that tails and aids workers' movements wherever they prop up in the country. A few years ago we managed to turn the public transit system in a municipality into a zero-fare system, letting basically anyone take the busses and trams. It dented the companies that run the thing in their profitability but hardly did anything to the actual workers (drivers, cleaners) involved, but nothing more's come of it.

Finally I'm in an ultra-left theory group in my country's capital, where we read and discuss shit. Unironically perhaps the most productive thing since we always sit in a cheap and small venue where random folk walk in and get interested, picking up on some info and more often than not coming back more in the future.

I would be very interested in knowing how you did this, I'm in an autonomous youth federation that has had this long going campaign for zero-fare public transit systems, without any clear victories

Are you SUF, comrade?

Yes but I'm not a very active member anymore

The syndicalists I'm part of joined the women's strike that the burgers organized. It was complete horseshit. No strike action should ever only use half the organizational strength available for arbitrary reasons. Beyond that it served to gain nothing tangible as a result. Syndicalists are supposed to be a class union, and that action just made us out to be a bunch of Democrat supporting identitarians. I'm not even in America.

Har du gått med i SAC än eller?

We strengthened already-existing protests against the high cost of public transportation and basically did a bunch of activism for it: vandalizing public transit companies' advertisements, organizing rallies, handing out pamphlets, etc. When this forced the municipality's representatives into having a dialogue with the leading org we managed to pass zero-fare plus a public tax fund that at first helps people get their unpaid fares get paid, then when that got too much of a hassle for the State zero-fare became its own thing, free of consequences. Now there's the spirit of people who can afford it pay and those who can't don't, though anyone can get away with it.

My proudest and only instance of engaging in the illness of the workers' movement tbh.

Nej
Ska nog göra det endast för att hedra syndikalismens tradition, tror inte de kan hjälpa mig med arbetsfrågor

you should sneak some genuine class-struggle propaganda leaflets into the strike the next time tbh

I'm not part of any group.

There is maybe 3-5 people who are good and dedicated, the rest are not in it for the right reasons. I'm in a couple orgs, this is the general rule

Might join SKP (Swedish Communist Party). Members aren't allowed to do drugs which sucks because I fucking love drugs. Aside from that I also disagree with them on quite a bit of stuff, mostly on matters of strategy and LARP tendencies (which all european communst paties are infected with) but also somewhat ideologically.

I think "Communist Party of Sweden" would be more correct

How are they even supposed to enforce that?

I don't think they do. Maybe you'll get purged if party members find out you occasionally smoke weed or something.

The point of the policy is, I think, that as a party member you should have your shit together. And they have a pretty conservative view of drugs (they're not for any legalisation/decriminalisation as far as I know) so they probably don't see a difference between meth addicts and people who smoke a bit of weed and do psychedelics a few times a year.

I'm in a one man egoist union
10/10