Tripfags need to be banned

Tripfags/namefags run counter to our principles. We shouldn't tolerate them. The whole point of anonymous message boards (for most) is to detach ideas from personalities. Whenever afroplasm or hoochie or the rest of the idiots post, even if it's on topic it derails threads instantly.

And look at the way these idiots post, as if they are minor e-celebs. Please don't tolerate this faggotry

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13792606
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Iwonderwhocouldbebehindthisthread.jpg

My guess would be an user

Bump

namefag posts are just as retarded as user posts

we aren't on Holla Forums any more

solution is simple, BO can force anonymity in board settings

REMOVE SOCIAL CAPITALISTS

Nice try, tripfag

Tripfags are counterrevolutionary.

I'm not particularly mad at them but I have to admit it would be an improvement.

they are tolerable besides the Vietcong one

1. Principles are spooky.
2. We have too many contradictory ideologies to have much in the way of firm board-wide principles.

Really? Because I thought that this board was supposed to not be an echo chamber.

Yet we'll still talk about personalities who act outside the board. Given that
1. Tripcodes are a feature of the website
2. Board owners can set whether custom names are allowed on the board at all
3. You can filter by name+ to remove any of their posts and any replies to them
I say you're full of shit and asking for people to be imposed upon for the sake of your taste

This happens rarely compared to how much they post, and it happens with anonymous posts as well. You just don't notice it with anonymous posters because in those cases there isn't an identity for you to fixate on.

They are minor e-celebs, and the fact that people engage with them means that part of what they do here is appealing to a significant number of people. And this is no longer mid-oughts 4chan. Some people here are e-celebs or maintain an online persona off the board and have cause to identify themselves while they're here. We're not just a community of random people creating OC. We're not '07 4/b/. We're a board dedicated to leftist discussion and occasional action.

BTW I really don't like tripfags, I just dislike being full of shit worse.

shiggy_diggy_selfish_milkman_edition.jpg
I do not like tripfags either, after all I spammed Rebel's threads, but tripfags are an imageboard equivalent of moss and lichen, so they are needed to an extent

Sounds like you're the one that's spooked by milkman memes into getting triggered by specific words. OP is clearly referring to some minimally shared values among serious contributors on the board. How about being against porky regardless of the form of capital accumulated?

There's implicitly shared values besides ones argued for in the posts here. You yourself make use of such assumptions throughout your post.

You argue that the board design allowing for tripfaggotry and filters means these things are fine. What you're saying is let the marketplace decide whether tripfags deserve the influence they accumulate.

See

See my third point. The fact that their popularity justifies their presence to you already means you've bought into the porky logic of e-celebrity. Identity is a spook, user.

This is a terrible analogy. Tripfags don't contribute to board health in the way lichen and moss contribute to the ecosystem. Tripfags drive newfags off by making it all about them. Unlike thinkers who become household names as part of board culture, there's virtually nothing to be gained by learning who each of the tripfag is.

No I'm saying if you really think it's a problem then appeal to have the name field removed. That material condition allows for tripfags and namefags.

No, it means I think if some people get something out of engaging with tripfags, who are you to stop them?

Agreed. I filter them all anyway, but they still derail threads when other people respond to them.

This. Being a tripfag who contributes shit and uses a trip to have people recognize him like lainon, Wolff feeder, even a.w. is completely different from tripniggers that do nothing but post stale memes and attention hog like you-know-who

Don't hate me cuz you ain't me.

That's exactly what I want bro

Let's leave it to a vote
strawpoll.me/13792606

If you actually believe your own words when you say Holla Forums should be dedicated to leftist discussion, and you don't think discussion should remain isolated from practice, then I think you'll notice the contradiction I'm pointing out here.

OP isn't being "full of shit" by bringing up this discussion. You're basically telling him to accept the way things are instead of being a "killjoy" by forcing people to think about it.

Tripfags should be dox when it's possible.

Read this thread and tell me tripniggers should be tolerated I dare u

namefags ALWAYS outlive their usefulness for the community. They monopolize the attention of the board.

Uh…am I alright in your eyes? I only make myself known whenever I'm online here, which is rare. I usually just keep it so my fellow leftists know the commie from the artic is here

Agreed. You're not saying anything new though OP. Tripfaggotry has been an anathema to the merits of anonymous discussion since its inception. Think it might also be a good idea to stop with the flag faggotry around here because it really does end up building the same kind of problems as trips and names. When I see certain flags I just scroll to the next post.

trips are different from names or flags. Anyone can take up flags and names but with tripfags they have control over their codes.

Generally if you don't replies that tell you to fuck off you're fine

I need to be banned from my fists because I'm about to kick your ass

How can anyone actually care enough about such a non-issue this much?

How do you kick someone with your fists?

You'll find out

Haha!
Another FUCK UP for Hoochie Minh! More proof tripfags are cancer, everyone!

The truth of it all is, deep down, even OP is hoochie minh

You can't escape fate

Jeez Hoochie I'm on your side :(

Whoops, forgot my shitposting flag and shitposting name

see

cancer

the entire hatred of tripfags is retarded chan-nationalism, super spooky op

post tits already

Yeah, I was totally a well-established tripfag prior to this thread. Don't believe anyone who says I just started doing this specifically to piss off your autistic ass, they're deffo lying.

Also, this name is definitely not specifically about you.

I swear it or my tripcode isn't #pnp.

why do you want to see manboobs?

Yes.

Nah that's just you having an aspergers attack over a trip I put on to be easily filterable. If you want me to take it off, I'd be happy to take my trip off.