Audiobooks

Does anyone have any links to torrents/downloads of audiobooks of famous Marxist texts, that are actual recordings of a human reading out loud and not some shitty computer generated voice? I'm mainly interested in Marxst works but anarchist stuff is welcome too, I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/freedu/res/1756.html#1756
youtube.com/channel/UC3F-KNVC9WLUIaeE0Tjl3sQ/videos
youtube.com/channel/UCaO1QA8QL99_eb0XhJI2Fyw/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

8ch.net/freedu/res/1756.html#1756

thanks mate

I am admin of MIA audiobook archive: marxists.org/audiobooks

I'm unhappy with the current narrations I have of myself up there, I have improved a lot as a narrator since then but there is quite a bit from many people up already.

librivox

Cool. Could you start a thread about your experience with the MIA team? How can one apply, etc.?

this

I suppose it's not much really. The extent of my 'experience with the MIA team' is talking with Andy (secretary of MIA, admin of Marx and Hegel archive) about my audiobooks and inability to properly do HTML.

You don't really apply to anything, I got into it just by initially transcribing a few works of Hegel and submitting them to Andy and I mentioned being interested in expanding the audiobook archive and he just introduced me to the ropes. We're definitely always looking for help, if you feel you can provide transcriptions or anything really it's always appreciated.

Is there some kind of guideline for formatting or can I just submit plain HTML?

I submitted transcription just in plain text.

I've downloaded some audiobooks (mp3's) now. I wanna access them on my phone so I can listen to them while doing stuff. What's the most convenient way of doing that? I was thinking I could upload them to soundcloud and subscribe to the RSS feed on my podcast app so I could stream them like podcasts. Gotta figure out how that stuff works and I might be too lazy for that though…

Can't you just put it on your phone like music?

I could do that but I don't have much storage space left on my phone so I would probably have to transfer a few chapters at a time then delete them. It's not the end of the world but having access to audiobooks the same way I listen to podcasts would be fucking sweet.

Just get a decent size SD card. Unless the files are big, there should be no problem.

hehe. iphone user here :^)

this although most are shit quality

/r/communalism audiobook project if you are interested in bookchin memes, they have some good productions

audiobookbay.la for pirated audiobooks. by far the best option.

jeeeeeeesssuuuus thank you so much for this

*/r/Communalists is the correct one

IDEA

Since it seems we have more than a month's worth of audio material collected >>>/freedu/1756 and that many people want to listen to books while at work we could definitely create a 24/7 youtube stream & radio broadcasting leftypol audibooks.

What's needed: someone with ~50+ gigs of free space downloading and organizing a collection, setting up streaming accounts, making the queue automated, setting up its basic info display (what comes next, how long much of the current book is left in minutes, chapter&book info, etc.), testing it, and finally making it public. IMO the mods would add it the FAQ or the reading list thread.

Comments? Any volunteers?

cross: >>>/gnussr/438

Maybe if they were articles/individual lectures or something, but I don't there's much point in tuning in the middle of a random book/lecture series you don't know anything about.

youtube.com/channel/UC3F-KNVC9WLUIaeE0Tjl3sQ/videos

If the programming is neat (book series start @ fixed time) it can be extremely useful.

that's not how you link posts on other boards, faggot.
>>>/freedu/1756

Someone's already linked my channel but here it is: youtube.com/channel/UC3F-KNVC9WLUIaeE0Tjl3sQ/videos
Also here's a good Anarchist audiobook channel: youtube.com/channel/UCaO1QA8QL99_eb0XhJI2Fyw/videos

I've got a few articles (10-20 minutes) coming out over the next couple weeks by Raya Dunayevskaya and Cyril Smith (they require quite a bit of effort/energy so they're hard to put out more than once or twice a week).
Anyway, if anyone's got any suggestions for articles or books they want me to read through, feel free to ask and I'll try and get round to it, although I'm starting uni soon so they'll come out at a lower pace :)

Rebel used to have some books up on his (her now?) channel, like Better Never to Have Been, do you know what happened to them?

bump because it's a good thread with good ideas

bump again

bumperoo

I would do it if I didn't think it would be a waste of time

won't this just get immediately DMCA'd by publishers?

Rebel has disappeared. Unless you're speaking about someone else.

DMCAs are largely automated based on existing audio and video.

maybe if we collect donations we can start a pirate radio station self hosted on a bitcoin purchased vps. 50GB with unlimited data would be $5 a month at most.

for spoken word you can cast at 64 kbps and theres not really any distortion

Holla Forums radio?

I'm thinking like partyvan.fm raidchan radio if anyone remembers. We could have a discord/IRC community chat so people can discuss what they are listening to

are you talking about us reading aloud or recording our own readings?

anything that's available on audible/amazon can be had for free on private torrent trackers

the request systems can even be utilized to get randoms to purchase retail audiobooks for you and strip the DRM

bump

bumperoo

we should use shortwave if we want it to travel anywhere

That guy isn't cool, Black Nationalist/ Pan-African user. Stop posting it like it's cool. You've got the game twisted ass-backwards.