What are some good leftist movies??

What are some good leftist movies??

Preferably non-American

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zoPM9d18e9o
archive.is/49WNp
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_and_See
mubi.com/lists/leftist-films
telesurtv.net/english/news/Pecks-The-Young-Karl-Marx-Set-To-Hit-Theaters-in-2017-20170212-0028.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Ny7H-0cZpLg
youtube.com/watch?v=YbVTBdx8524
youtube.com/watch?v=t-hZam8dXHU
youtube.com/watch?v=-nRev9FvsBU
youtube.com/watch?v=Q18voQthx2k
youtube.com/watch?v=98Sd00jq6FI
youtube.com/watch?v=XYAfx1SOWZs
youtube.com/watch?v=074YKv7Owzs
youtube.com/watch?v=OVrMkhlMZeM
youtube.com/watch?v=OtQgNb1Z9p0
youtube.com/watch?v=yRxBg7UFok4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"Goodbye Lenin"

Some people say it's anti-leftist, but because of this film I became interested in Lenin and life in the Com-bloc.

bump for interest

Goodbye lenin is a good movie.

It should be shown for anyone learning about the cold war.

Why do people say it's anti-left? I just know it's about pretending the USSR still exists

Don't read this if you haven't seen the film.

It's the bit at the end where they show the footage of the wall coming down and his mother was always kind of sympathetic to the west. Some tankies I know call the ending bullshit.

I still loved the film tho.

The Carlos miniseries is good as hell

If u have a short attention span there's a movie version on netflix but it's still nearly 3 hours

The red detachment of women
youtube.com/watch?v=zoPM9d18e9o

Snowpiercer

this seems cool, thanks

La Chinoise has a pretty ambiguous message, but it's about communism and made by Jean-Luc Godard, a Marxist

really weird little picture

This movie triggered Roo-wannabe JMP of the MLM mayhem blog.

haha why was that?

It's a cool look at a pretty important figure in leftism who doesn't get much attention. Also touches on the Japanese Red Army

It was anti-anti-imperialist or some shieeet:
archive.is/49WNp

Personally, I thought it was a good movie and it treated Carlos with a good deal of nuance for a movie made by the bourgeoisie. The only part where I really cringed was when the German guy was crying and shit because the hijackers " separated the Jewish passengers from the other passengers, just like at Auschwitz!" Oy vey.

Watch Alec Zvjagintsec's film 'Come and See. It's a pretty intense war drama. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_and_See

I don't know if that movie can really be considered leftist, besides being made in the USSR

what are some good Soviet movies explicitly dealing with communism?

requesting leftypol film guides

mubi.com/lists/leftist-films
/thread

Corbo. It's a French-Canadian film about an Italian-Canadian young bourgeois who joins the Marxist-Leninist group Front de Libération du Québec.

I really liked Che

Soy Cuba / I am Cuba is a pretty good film. Not only from a political point of view, but it is very well made.

huh were the Quebec independence movements communist?

I thought it was just snooty rich French people angry that they had to learn English

Support la resistance francaise avec les imperialisme du anglais

I don't get that feeling at all watching the ending

Opinions on this?
i kinda liked it even if it's muh gommunism killed 100 trillion propaganda

Tabarnak keski dit l'autre?

doesn't he LARP as a mooselim in jail now

I recall seeing a thread about The young Karl Marx last year here, and only the other day realized it has been released earlier this year.

telesurtv.net/english/news/Pecks-The-Young-Karl-Marx-Set-To-Hit-Theaters-in-2017-20170212-0028.html

Seems like Chuck got a bit whitewashed, which is ironic considering the director is Haitian.

They Live

lol it's not gonna be a leftist movie

I watched it and it is a leftist movie.

Even WSWS had positive things to say about it.

Holla Forums confirmed for full of fascist
just as bad as Holla Forums

what the hell is this

Carne Ross' Accidental Anarchist is a really good new documentary. It follows his path, from being a diplomat for the UK government, to becoming disillusioned with the state and becoming an anarchist, to discovering Rojava and Bookchin. It's not released officially yet, but it's on Youtube and TPB.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ny7H-0cZpLg

Ernst Thälmann Sohn seiner Klasse

Tried watching that movie, but it was in Spanish and online streaming is horrendous at subtitles. Che swims in the end. And the actor who plaid him is just a Hispanic pretty-boy. Lazy casting for such an anticipated movie it seems to me.

A Very British Coup.

second part Führer seiner Klasse is pretty good too but i prefer the first one
Günther Simons was an awesome actor for agitprop movies. I enjoyed his performance in "Krupp und Krause" the most.

a rather sweet movie from 1936 about a white woman that had a black child being chased away from the USA and finding a new home in the Soviet Union
Circus
youtube.com/watch?v=YbVTBdx8524

the fall of berlin, also subtitled youtube.com/watch?v=t-hZam8dXHU
about a steel worker that has to take up arms and hitler getting raped to death
there is also a babushka who is having talks with stalin about the future

Alexander Nevsky, 1938
youtube.com/watch?v=-nRev9FvsBU
about german teutonic knights again getting raped to death
it's pretty good, love most of its music
arise ye russian people is one of my favorites
youtube.com/watch?v=Q18voQthx2k

classic from german communists from the 30s
Kuhle Wampe
yes, subtitles available
youtube.com/watch?v=98Sd00jq6FI

probably one of the most interesting scenes in it
discussion on the tram about economy on the example of burning coffee
youtube.com/watch?v=XYAfx1SOWZs

some Bertolt Brecht, have Galileo - english of course
youtube.com/watch?v=074YKv7Owzs

We Thälmann kino nao
youtube.com/watch?v=OVrMkhlMZeM
youtube.com/watch?v=OtQgNb1Z9p0

another great movie which i cannot find subtitled right now is "The Vow", another stalinist master piece
youtube.com/watch?v=yRxBg7UFok4

i wish i could find more movies, translated. there was one named "road to live" about Anton Semyonovich Makarenko, " educator, social worker and writer, the most influential educational theorist in the Soviet Union" for example, of which there seem to be 2 but i prefer the one in which his character has the leading role from the start…

let's not forget about Ernst Schneller or Hans Beimler, both had great movies dedicated to them too

No. The FLQ was Marxist-Leninist and was opposed to the Canadian government based on its colonial Anglo-Saxon roots.