As communists, what ending did you choose in Fallout New Vegas?

And what is the dialectic explaination for Vulpes Inculta being so hot?

Other urls found in this thread:

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_endings
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes man. but the house technocracy ending is kind of cool

Yes man.

NCR: because booj republics are two dialectical steps ahead of classical republics.

Didn't finish it. Got too caught up in side quests and eventually lost interest in finishing the game. It's really good though. Too bad Bethesda had to ruin the franchise.

Yes Man but you do all you can to favor the Followers of The Apocalypse & The Kings.
Shit on Caesar retarded ass in every way possible, force NCR to back the fuck out or else.

Thats how it's done.

"uninstall"

They're all shit. Legion is ancient roman oligarchy, NCR is liberalism, Yes Man is ancap, and House is standard autocracy.

There isn't a single lefty option in this game.

is there any way to get a good FotA ending with independent vegas? i thought it just spits out the slide about increased violence regardless

Yes Man. Mr. House is the classcuck choice.

I would choose Legion but they are way too fashy for my taste
Ended up going Yes Man route

Independent makes almost everything possible. It gives you the most freedom to arrange things however you want even in favor of minor factions. Arcade Gannon has the right view, he encourages you to use YesMan a lot for that reason.
Fuck goverments, Arcade's father worked in a Fascist as fuck one the Enclave.

No gods no masters

why Holla Forums

This is what your precious anarchist ideals will eventually result in. The game is just being realistic there.

I let Mr House live, but only after pulling him out of the pod for a chat(its a cool option). he is technologically and mentally skilled enough to build the groundwork for an independent Vegas with advanced supply chains for production of advanced technology, but by limiting his lifespan he will require someone to take over when he dies. he better pick me because i know where he sleeps and how he controls his robots.

After i assume we make House build robots to take auto docs from the sierra madre, place em all over the place. Use the big mountain technology to build advanced manufacturing, and hydroponics. take the nuclear warheads from the lonesome road and build missiles for them.

Use the tools of Mr House to secure an independent Vegas defended by automation and all necessary labor completed by automation. ensure everyone gets high standard of living and dial back any controls on the populace and BAM new high tech country with limited state, high standard of living and great views to watch the NCR and Legion crumble to dust.

Also complete house's plan to build rockets and send luxury automated space rockets full of citizens to new planets.

Its the future with a shittone of advance robots, communism is gonna be fucking easy with the infrastructure of Vegas and Mr Houses brain.

im not an anarchist

Because the slimy robots are strong as fuck and you're in power of them.
Nobody can beat the smiley robots, they're the equivalent of tanks hell they're even stronger, they don't miss.

Yes Man is an extension of your power. The robot army is the strongest shit you can find in all new Vegas other than Deathcalws & other unique bosses.

If Revolutionary Catalonia had those in 1936-39 they would still exist. Simple as that.

Yes Man ending with the Kings and Followers on your side.

Yes Man is the only choice for communists.

There is nothing more free than a strong individual without ideology.

This is in fact the most pure ideology.

No if you're strong physically, skilled and quick you're harder to get grasped by an authority. If you have no ideology you're free in mind.
Free physically & mentally.

Lux?

Read Zizek. The very thing of what you say, and that you use language are themselves signs you are an ideological animal like any other person.

Exercise. You become stronger and therefore more difficult to submit.

Generally NCR because FO and FO2 or Yes Man.

I'm curious about what Holla Forums choses in the DLCs tho

That's not the point of why I'm responding to you (ideology, you as ideological) but right, hardly anyone could disagree with that.

If you do all their and the Kings missions right and off House they'll get overwhelmed with the amount of aid that's needed but end up holding on.

defended zion, spared the warchief
missiles at ncr and legion
killed think tank

didnt play dead money

If you upgrade the Smilebots the violence eventually calms down but New Vegas becomes prosperous and attracts tons of refugees. The Followers simply cannot deal with the increased load, it's a numbers issue.

The only "good" ending for the followers is an NCR one but you can ask in this scenario at what cost. They're an empire after all and they haven't been shy about committing atrocities in the name of expansion.

Supported the Legion for dialectical reasons.

well thats my point and only point. shut up.

I don't know if I could call the Legion a classical republic. The roman aesthetic is purely an aesthetic, there are no citizen-soldiers, arguably there's no citizens. There's the slaves who make up the army and the various residents who live under Caesar's protection. The only real member of this society , the only person who gets to participate in politics, is Caesar himself.

stop being a theoryless anarkiddie.

Thats still better than any other result tbh. The gay boy was always right.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_endings

I couldn't get the fucking game to work.

remove some of the mods

It was unmodded.

your video card, etc, etc, etc. idk get your shit sorted up.

They're all shit tbh.

I'd sort your shit if I had the requisite 60 points in shit sorting m8. Watch yourself the next time I level because then we'll see some shit get sorted bruh.

Holy fuck, you're dumb. Do you seriously believe you're totally free of ideology? Get real, anarkiddie.

In a nutshell you have
I'd go with Yes Man for sure. Support the Followers, Kings and Gun Runners (who are pretty much stated to be a co-op). The NCR is the only option that I would describe as remotely grounded in reality and is supposed to be the "right" choice from the story's perspective. House is a hero worship fantasy of Elon Musk dialed up to eleven. The Legion will fall apart as soon as Caesar dies since it's based on his lies. Yes Man is literally the same as the House ending except you decide you can somehow do it better than the born genius who has his brain connected to a supercomputer and with access to all kinds of presumed lost technology. The best ending is to just play sidequests and ignore the main story because it's extremely Great Man History nonsense.

If the character I'm playing as has 10 INT I'm sure he is on around Mr. House's Autism Level.

House actually only has 5 Intelligence. His success is strongly implied to be due to his 10 Luck. When you talk to Dr. Usanagi about getting a Luck implant she explains that Luck is a sort of fuzzy math intuition that lets you examine the odds to improve your chances. This is pretty much exactly how House describes the way he got to where he is at the start of the game.

Great Man theory is kind of expected in an RPG as the entire premise is that one person (the player) can somehow change history all by themselves simply through intervening in random events.

In my many runs of New Vegas, I have almost always backed House.
He is simply the best choice.

Both Yes Man and the Legion also have their merits, but I have only backed them once each.
The NCR is really the only objectively bad faction choice.

Total fucking anarchy with Yes Man in charge. Mr House had to die soon as he told me to destroy The Brotherhood Of Steel's bunker. I couldn't do that to Veronica's family.

I've completed the game with every other ending before though. I just like this one best.

Warning: dismissing Great Man History can seriously bite you in the ass.

*Gavrilo Princip munching a sandwich in the distance*

That is the worst take on this I've ever heard

Why am I not surprised that a Technocrat would back a fascist cult of personality over a democracy?

Bethesda shoulda bought Obsidian like Disney did Marvel and had them write the stories for their RPGs. Fallout 3 was so fucking linear. Atmospheric as fuck with great setting, landscape and especially wasteland soundtrack, but just not true to the Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics formula.

Well written RPGs don't sell though. Bethesda learned from Fallout 3 and Skyrim that what matters is spectacle. New Vegas is remembered as better but it didn't make Bethesda nearly as much money, which is all they care about.

What I wanna see from Fallout in a future game:

Didn't Bethesda realize how little sense that made and later made it an option for you to send Fawkes to shut it down?

First playthrough NCR. Second Yes Man.

How hard can it be for them to take cues from the diehard 50% of Fallout's fanbase though?

This may have been an ending if they weren't rushed so much, but if it was I would like to see more endings than just that, as it could get a bit like pandering to the fanboys.
Personally the ending I would have had is a glorious Powder Ganger and Fiends Vegas.

Also, how does lifelong military service to the state and slavery sound appealing?

Please do tell me why you love centralised liberal democracy so much mr anarchist.

I would take a well ordered society over an incompetent liberal democracy any day of the week.
Indeed, if the game had allowed for it - I would have loved to have handed New Vegas over to the Brotherhood.

I have very little interest in helping a sham democracy like the NCR win at hover dam.
The entire NCR government is little more then a way for wealthy brahmin barons to enjoy de-facto rule anyway.

I'm honestly not surprised to see so many liberals in red support them - I bet most of you NCR shills were the same group making countless Sanders and Corbyn threads back during their relevant elections.
Once a bourgeois cuck, always a bourgeois cuck.

They don't care about the fanbase. They care about the general consumers who are looking for the major new release and don't care what it is.

I don't love it, but to call it objectively bad compared to a slave society which has enough "merits" to warrant inclusion alongside the anarchic option is more stupid than I would have dared to dream possible, even of a tripfag.

Is Samuel Cooke, dare I say it, /ourcomrade/?

That isn't even mentioning the fact that Fallout 4 is not even an RPG…

Caesar's Legion is the best choice anyone can make. Society needs to be built up from the dirt, the world has been reset to the most basic tribal instincts and necessities. Dependence on the old world tech is what is going to destroy the rest of the world and puts every last faction at a distinct disadvantage to Caesar's Legion. Look at the NCR, with all their old world tech, with their dependence on old world ways they were able to be beaten and terrorized by a bunch of guys in football gear with dull machetes, spears, and herbalist medicine.

Caesar's Legion for a new world, death to the old world.

The Powder Gangers were pretty alright tbh. It sucks that it's possible to turn them permanently hostile so early in the game by just doing the intro quests "normally".

Sounds great.

As with just about all of the other negatives of the Legion.
This is something that makes perfect sense given the material conditions that they find themselves in.
Obviously I do not support slavery, but it is completely understandable why it is practised.

Legion territory is free of both large predators, bandits, profiteers and tribals.
In terms of average quality of life, the Legion simply provides far more for its citizenry then the NCR does.

well because society is back at stage one we have a choice. Go through slave society and maybe fuedalism or go directly to liberal democracy. I went directly to liberal democracy.

You're on the wrong board, m8.

Yeah because the Legion has a monopoly on that kind of violence
Maybe for the citizens it doesn't kill, torture, or mutilate, but the quality of life of those few rests on violence toward the many.

Black hand had been trying to assassinate ferdinand for a long time. if princip hadn't gotten him, someone else would have or it would have gone into crisis when he tried to reform it ala russia. The inevitability of WWI due to the material conditions of imperialism is 101 shit wtf is this weak bait.

I've played all the endings but I chose the evil NCR ending with them having a Pyrrhic victory at the dam, being a spanner in the works for the NCR when it has to deal with the eventual revolution that will follow its conquest of the Mojave.

Legate Lanius is best boy.

ofc you got that flag. You're that Holla Forumstard posing as a communist.

The critrate is the most important thing in that game, at least in very hard.

Mr. House is better left buried with the old world like that great nigga Ulysses rightly says. Fuck House, he is a great ally early on but he is an autocrat, fuck that. The character I make can be smarter and luckier than him anyways.

Also Howard Scott is a fucking moron.
bye

come back tell me what this means

No gods, no masters.

how about no man? fuck that pack of feral junkies, common man clearly doesnt know what's best for him, turning new vegas into a junkie den, fuck that im not living there!

great regional stability, law and order, opportunity to trade or climb the hierarchy is all fine, ill romanticize it a bit by saying that you can go from a slave to a praetorian and all that, but no tech = no development, no quality of life, so fuck that, if the legion just accepted tech and calmed down on slavery i'd like them but not like this

let me tell you why ncr is the biggest faggot faction, they masqarade as a democracy or whatever but its just a bureocratic central elite abusing all the small cities, hiring mercenaries to harass people, abusing cattle ranchers, its all a sham, its all fake, i'd argue that even the legion mid level slavery beats being a ncr "free" citizen, i bet that even caesar demands lower tax from you and provides higher quality of life, fuck that

T H E best choice, offers the higher quality of life, highest development, highest wealth, is meritocratic, rewards the people who deserve rewards handsomely, gets rid of the rest, doesnt get angry for no reason, is rational, achieves R E S U L T S, replaces shitty labor and vendors with his machines so as long as you are any high skill/high education type you have nowhere else to go

kys

Depending on what you do for the strip and your morality at the end of the game, Independent Vegas either becomes a thriving self-sustaining Anarchy, or a lawless chaotic mess.

pics

are you implying that communism doesnt always end up in a top down central planned command economy and society???

anarkiddies never made anything so their opinion is basically worthless, since there is no piece of land that was ever anarchist, your opinions have literally zero value, anarchists always end up crushed under the tank threads of much more organized people, and organization requires subordination, falling in line, carrying out orders, timed precise coordination, anti-anarchy in short..

tempting to support the legion but the queerbaiting ruined it tbh

So this is what a bootlicker looks like.

Fuck >>>/out/ of here.

and tankies are dumbasses fatasses irl who watch anime all day. get #rekt

Every piece of anything in the universe is always anarchist, the universe doesn't gives a single fuck.
When the human created the first ideology, it's when "territory" appeared. But "territory" will never be real.

yeah well i also started lifting 2 times a week, doesnt change the fact that anarkiddies are there just to grease the tank threads with their guts as soon as the opportunity presents itself

tell me, what is better?
to have some ceremonial, official, promised, mutually agreed "freedom" while you are skull fucked by a deathclaw 10 hours a day, or just as ceremonially bend the knee and say some words or pay a small tribute, even if its just for show, and enjoy your "slavery" to go where ever you want, do whatever you want, and not get skullfucked by a deathclaw

this is the problem with this shit, we cant measure it empirically, as in units or grams or meters of freedom, if we could this "slavery" would produce more freedom than any "freedom" produces to the "free"

yeah sure thing
nice flag btw
now fuck off and pay your taxes or get shot/kidnapped straight into a cell

nah

I lift 5 times a week you noodle armed cuck, the rest of your post is retarded and when you get past your bootlicking phase after you turn 16 maybe you'll bother to read lit instead of consume memes.

first of all, im benching 125 kilos as of now
second of all, effective freedom > promised "freedom" or theoretical "freedom"

i'd rather 'lick the boot' by paying 5 units of payment and enjoying effective freedom than paying 50 units of payment and end up enjoying not even half of effective freedom afterwards

the fact is that legion offers greater regional stability than ncr or 'yes man' future junkie den

Why are you theorizing about the actual numbers of these fictional societies we never see in detail?

If you just started lifting no you aren't.

Being enslaved isn't effective freedom you retard. The Legion is being enslaved to a lying hypocrit or a savage that only wants to kill shit. It is clearly a bad choice unless you're a cuck which I assume you are.

without numbers, you cant describe things precisely, you can not compare them, you can not do anything
which is also why "social" "sciences" and other bullshit that doesnt use mathematics can not be considered a science no matter that they call themselves like that, their theories and whatnot has ~0 predictive power and yields no results

i can quote multiple ingame npcs that give player information you can test for yourself, that the legion offers greater regional stability, aka less raiders and deathclaws, and its true, every time you go to a region under caesar, you dont get hit

oh yes i am, im also drinking milk and eating chicken breast and all that, and when i bench, i bench till i get a headache and basically need to be carried out of the gym

second of all, ncr only promises freedom, when you talk to ingame npcs they are all complaining they got the raw deal, meanwhile legion contracts are E X A C T L Y what they said they would be, zero bullshit, 100% ease of doing business
ncr and yes man just pay lip service to you being free, they are outright lying in most cases, but when legion guarantees something, it gets delivered

If you just started benching you aren't hitting 125kg, it's an user board and you aren't impressing anyone with your bullshit.

The Legion outright enslaves, arguing that this is freedom because brahmin meat is cheaper is absolutely retarded.

i always had a fridge build and since i was 15 i'd help around by carrying barrels, unloading trucks, carrying cement bags to and from places, etc etc
most of the kids i knew were at least shoveling snow or carrying moms bags after shopping and so on, im from a smaller place in europe where we we dont use cars all the time, carrying things around isnt all that weird for 15 year old boys, when i started lifting i could do 80, i think it has been less than a year and i can do 125 now, most of the people lifting here can do more

and about legion, you are constantly considering yourself as an outgroup, legion ingroup, which you too can become easily, isnt unmeritocratic, you are much more likely to raise trough the ranks and become a praetorian than you would ever if you were a ncr citizen, tandy has been president for 50 years or something like that, the whole thing is 100% corrupt and you can hear every other npc complaining how he lost his brahmin farm or how he has to pay extreme taxes, neutral traders also mention how they have to use private guns for security and bribes every two meters in ncr territories while legion is exactly what it says it is

typical authoritarian
jesus. I'm gonna go out smoke a cig, fuck this.

nw gets a pass from me, in all honesty i'd support obsidian in buying out the rights/licence for fallout

i wish they remade new vegas/fallout 2 with better graphics and settlement building
graphics are there, engine is there, modding is there, everything is there, players that would play it are there, everything is there

Caesar explains Hegelian dialectics if you ask the right questions.

NCR, it's literally basic dialectics.

I thought I was crazy for having this thought. I also related it to how the other famous game by this writer, kotor 2, feels like its missing a true left position/perspective

And this automatically makes him correct?

the choice between idealist fascism and dreary realistic neoliberalism is the false choice at it's purest. They are not opposites at all and the way I read it, it's almost like the legion doesn't exist. At the very least doesn't exist as presented in the game. They are too much exactly what the NCR needs to justify its own imperialism.

I need help on expanding this line of thought more, its been a while since i've actually played the game.

The only thing KotOR II endorses is some sort of variation of the will to power concept where all that matters is imposing your will upon reality and not allowing yourself to be shackled by slave morality / spooks in any way. In addition to its incredible hard-on towards the butterfly effect, of course.

That might be due to production difficulties more than anything. The Legion was supposed to have way more content and be more involved in the setting. Goodsprings is a good example, in the original document it was supposed to be a typical Legion town. No powder ganger difficulties, no raiders, no wildlife attacking the town, peaceful and idyllic, for the wasteland anyway. It was also taken over mostly peacefully. Your average schmuck only noticed a change in management.

Compare to Primm which is a war torn hellhole because the NCR can't keep the damn piece. But, they don't practice slavery. Which is a big 'but'.

Could have been more interesting if the portrayal of the Legion wasn't just the military front but also the merits of their rule mentioned in the dialogue.

This is very interesting, and I agree the absence of any kind of civic life is part of the problem but not necessarily the main problem. It's more that, the legion is too flawless because its flaws are in values. Where as other factions have realistic material problems pulled from contemporary life.

The simplest way of saying it would be
but also that the game seems to assert the opposite, that the legion is somehow right for the time, as someone said ITT
And yet this is completely ridiculous no? If the conditions allow for the NCR to exist then we're obviously in a situation where slavery will be out competed by capitalism as happened in the real world.

FTFY

the problem I have with yes man is that its kind of easy out. everything else has a sort of real world analogue but its a choice with no real world analogue. the overall larger issue is probably that the game has one foot in our reality and another in its own universe. And so you have these situations where you want to take up the game in its full ambition of saying something about our reality, but you have to argue about it inside its own universe's logic, ultimately making it hard to take any lesson or experience from the game seriously.

imo new vegas works best as a litmus test for libs. legion was so cartoonishly evil that noone but edgy fascoids will pick them. independent is pretty much your "everything goes fantasy ending". NCR vs. house reveals what ppl think about standard liberalism and tech fetishist neoliberalism. some of the house praising sounds exactly the same as the idiots who think elon musk should be god-king.

That assumes you make your choice based on your actual beliefs though. I picked the Legion for the lulz, not because I figured they were the best option. I didn't even stop to consider that as I don't really give a shit about figuring out the best possible hypothetical future for a video game.

This is the only true choice.
Honestly though, all the choices are no good. Independent is okay if you ignore slide man's bullshit. I always went Liberal>AnCaps=Legion, with independent being lower than liberals depending on the interpretation of slide man's after ending speech.

If anything it's just a bunch of scenarios meant to make you think a bit. It's not supposed to be a great parallel to reality. It's speculative fiction in large part.

the one where I don't buy a dumbed-down DLC-ridden sequel, didn't take the skills I need to pirate it, and saged the thread shilling for a shitty mainstream game on a board that hates crapitalism

It's a single player campaign, literally the easiest thing to pirate, stop being proud of your own failures.

Also

Also

Kill yourself.

i tried to do everything i could saving and loading a lot. i wanted to see everything.

I wish they had another six months to develop the game. The Legion could have been so much more.

You should play Undertale.

fuck the legion

this

I did yes man the first time but then I also did all the other endings.

I only spend my time on good games.

They're all fucking shit.