Try to read capital

Other urls found in this thread:

marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1867-c1/ch01.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=gBazR59SZXk
youtube.com/watch?v=dGT-hygPqUM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Read an intro first and have some background with the easier books. This takes work.

Whot

The first few pages aren't that hard

It's because you're fucking stupid. Go back to reddit you fucking nigger

keep trying op

i promise you it's not a bunch of psuedo science

marx actually does a PRETTY good job at explaining what he means by most shit i find

is this a thing

I dare you to read some fucking hoppe

Hoppe is considered a joke by every irl libertarian and ancap. Only internet losers like him.

if you're struggling with texts like that, take yourself more time and look up things you do not understand elsewhere, then read again and see if it helped your understanding.
when you're beginning without any background knowledge then of course you wont get anywhere. just don't stress over it and take your time.

most preferable would be studying it with others though. ask some communist organisation in your region.

c'mon

But if you want something to make logical sense (not everything, but mostly), he's good to read. Doesn't mean you have to accept it.

Philosophy major here

Technically no, but there are concentrations in phenomenology

sho to shpeak

Reading is a lot like lifting weights user. It's something you have to progress towards but it's super rewarding when you reach your goals.

I don't get. Are you depressed because you're a regular person with a regular family?

Don't read it page-by-page. Read it paragraph-by-paragraph. Also, read it aloud. It is ridiculous how much that helps.

Make one.
Give it a bombastic name, promote the hell out of it in social media, post memes to attract the younger, rebel crowd.

This.

Sometimes I wonder if getting into left politics is just a way of secular martyrdom because killing myself would be a waste.

Well I suppose I can go through the first few pages a bit since nobody is bothering to actually talk about it. Gimme a minute.

Holy shit I thought this had only happened to me.
It's frustrating to say the least, there's so much things I need to read but seems like I lost the capacity.

how to fix this?

Is this real?

Reading as starting from here.
marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1867-c1/ch01.htm

I was going to just "translate" this sentence by sentence but I guess it'd be better to know where you guys are struggling with. Try to move through this one page at a time.

Someone give me something that doesn't make sense? Or do I really need to go through the whole thing piece by piece?

Follow a regular sleep schedule, practice meditation, and exercise. Start with reading easier books and work on increasing your power level.

thanks user, I will try to do that.

Chronic depression shrinks the hippocampus

I have a terrible memory for day to day things… Pretty spooky stuff.

I'm tired and read Phd in phrenology and started laughing out loud, made your post funnier tbh

Dude, helicopters, lmao

You might be better off with some kind of guided reading like this YouTube series from David Harvey. youtube.com/watch?v=gBazR59SZXk

You should read Michael Heinrich's introduction first. It's the best one.

Read the second PDF

Watch this series first so you have some clue of what Marx is trying to say, then read it again with your superior understanding of what he's building towards.
youtube.com/watch?v=dGT-hygPqUM

Michael Heinrich makes a big mistake in interpreting statements by Marx about socially necessary labor time and abstract ability to work: Heinrich believes that these concepts only make sense in capitalism. He mistakes statements of the form:
>Under capitalism, the only way to figure out SNLT is…
for this:

Excuse me sir, this is a no bully zone. No bullying allowed

His mum reads lots of books, and she doesn't even bother trying to comprehend reading capital. This makes user sad, because he doesn't read at all so it will be even harder for him

We must bully the bourgeoisie until they go away.

If OP's story is real, I hope he continues reading it with his mom.

I've read the first chapter of Capital three times, in two languages, and there are still subtleties that I don't get.

So what? That's fine.

What the fuck, is your mom is some kind of badass?

You were adopted.

Do you think she hunts ghosts?

would you bully an illiterate wageslave