The Road to Spiritual Plague: The History of the Evolution of the White Left

https:[email protected]/* */[email protected]/* */2fafbe0

This essay was published on the strictly managed social media of China, in which some unnamed intellectual under the pseudonym Huànxiangkuáng Liú xiānsheng (Fantasy lover Mr. Liu) offers a fairly official party line critique of what the Chinese call "the white left" and what we might call the idealist left of the West.
I think it is a pretty superb read on an outside perspective of people who actually give a shit about Marx and Lenin. This is what Maoists really think of us.

try harder dengist fuck

Who exactly does "us" refer to in this scenario?
The essay is crap anyways, the author just uses white left as an insult to bash thinkers he doesn't like without explaining what was wrong with their ideas

Yeah I'm sure splitting sexuality into 542687952 genders has massively helped the left.

half the people they bring up are jews, not even white…

i am less harsh on the tankies.
of course the essay lunges together several different stuff as baizou BS, but i think what they really mean is any level of humanist universalism in Western leftist thought should be despised as revolution is a bloody ruthless business.
what i think is not to take the dengist-xi-ist critique to heart but to realize that from the outside it is exactly some level of ruthlessness and a revolutionary fervor is what is definitely missing from the left.

K.

There is no indication that it's official party line. .There is no indication it was written by a Chinese Neo-Maoist. You're basically sharing the translation of a rando Chinese man's blog

p.s. Maoists are outside the mainstream of the contemporary CCP

that's not even what he was criticizing Foucault for, the essay was clearly implying that homosexuality was some kind of inherently negative trait and that's why Foucault was wrong.

yet on Baidu it seems these viral essays are almost always written by CCP shills, are they?

I interpreted much of the "white left" stuff as "western left" and read it with a somewhat more sympathetic eye. At least his critique that much of the contemporary left lacks in theory (and philosophy in general) seems correct to me. There also aren't that many places on the left for real debate, and more and more seem to be closing themselves off from argument.

Why do we have so many Holla Forumstards infesting threads today? Is it the Overboard?

Sure, it might be shared and written by armies of internet censors, it's true. But it has more to do with the internal politics of modern China than any real, earnest critique of the western left.

have they found the real board instead of .pl after 9 months? seems unlikely

Okay neat

Motherfucker , China has not been Communist for a few years now.

it's easier now that admins made an Overboard

it has an ML-Maoist Central party and nothing like the concept of private ownership rights.
also, note that it's China, so the concept of full equality was not exactly touching the hearts of CCP anyway, they see their role more like an evolutionary vanguard in a vaguely dialectical materialist history, in which they lead the PRC through diffeent phases towards the end goal of a more advance society.
it's pretty weird and even senseless in the Western leftist sense, but i am sure as hell its not capitalist in the conventional sense.

yes but that same critique has already been made in a much better fashion before. This essay is arguing that the problem with the white left is that they entered into academia and started an emotion fueled circle-jerk when they should have started a tankie circle-jerk instead (because it seems like the biggest problem with the white left according to this guy is that they aren't maoists, look the way he criticizes Bertrand Russell for example.)

This is USA biggest win. With their neoliberal globalism, they managed to pussify leftists, almost all over the world, but especially in their own country.

lol the left in china can't even openly criticize the gov

congradulations you did it

You mean "SJWs".

Which is probably why they have more of a spine then the Western left tbqh

And the "left" here can but won't, unless they make a fatphobic remark.

Why is this posted once a month?

because some people here still think white left is a term that we should be using even though its clearly just a right wing insult that conflates liberals with leftists.

Liberals and leftists are functionally identical in the west though. It's our job to change that.

repeating terms like Baizou is only going to reinforce that imo.

This.

The article is garbage btw and I didn't see a source anywhere.

ahhhhh, yes. intellectual china

I'm honestly at a loss as to how.

Think about how the american right keeps calling democrats and socdems far-left and now most americans sincerely think that Obama was a left-winger.
"White Left" implies that the idpol liberals being criticized belong on the left in the first place when they do not and should not be considered left wing at all.

Isn't using a foreign word enough to decouple them from the left already?