Facts don't care about your feelings!

why does this phrase have a 100% correlation with there being a baying moron uttering it?

Howso? I wouldn't say it because it's an asshole thing to say that lacks nuance and dismisses the point being made out of hand by your opponent, but it's not wrong.

Feelings originate in facts, though the facts which the feelings of subsequent people are based on are influenced by feelings.

cause alt-lite and pol spergs think that they're the objective truth bringers when really they're just pulling infographs out of their ass with """"""sources"""""""" on the jews doing everything

I only ever hear this come up when
(A) the person saying it is a complete retard and
(B) the person they're talking to is a complete retard

because it really actually means "capitalism doesn't care about anybody"

E.g.

just say "bump" if you're that desperate to show everybody your shitty thread OP

When you have to exlaim shit like that in an argument it means that you've already somehow lost.

The baying moron wants to cherry pick a specific piece of evidence to advance their emotion based argument, despite the balance of evidence being against them, that's why. As such they want to try and reserve the burden of proof and falsely claim that their opponent is the one arguing from an emotive position, in order to sway fellow ignoramuses to their position.

OP you a sensitive ass ho

if someone says this to you, it's becasuse you're probably a weak bitch

I get unreasonably angry when I see an appeal to "the facts" most of the time, because what they really mean is "my specifically cherrypicked batch of facts."

I think it probably reveals some underlying social malaise where we put too much faith in the "fact" itself as an object rather than the underlying material realities. I understand that's a bit of a wankish linguistic point, but regardless it stands.

I mean to take a broader example - Scotland's independence vote - people would say "I don't want partisan stuff, why can't politicians just give us the facts!" as though there's a fucking fact computer out there that'll tell you the future and the politicians of all major parties have just hidden the damn thing from the public, rather than a series of incredibly confused people fudging together paper thin cases either way. (You may note of course that in this case, feelings are dictating the facts., because the actual relevant facts - whether aliens will secretly destroy the world if we commit a cartographical offence for example - are not yet known.)

man people suck.

It's alright, OP, sometimes you lose the argument, there's no need to be this booty bothered. You just need a good night of sleep.

nice kot

Because it is the emotionally charged self-defeating cries of Holla Forums fags who got their feelings hurt.

This was basically Marx's main arguments against German idealism: that the world does not change because of one's beliefs and never has; that there are structurally persisting truths that affect you from directly (how you need to approach your subsistence) to indirectly (how you can even conceive your current mode of thinking), which are all a part of the material world, some elements historical and some transhistorical, all utterly out of the control of one's standpoint and all dictating the realm of real possibilities. The phrase and derivatives are definitely much too abused to hand wave, though.

But Marx was largely wrong about how history would play out, so….

Because he was being idealist when he thought that the working class would be the revolutionary subject. The actual revolutionary subject is capitalism.

Non-retarded version:
>THE IMMORTAL SCIENCE OF MARXISM-LENINISM DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOUR IDEOLOGY