Viet Cong Appreciation Thread

ITT: Anything from admiration of Viet Cong ferocity, North Vietnamese tactics and equipment discussion to rubbing imperialist noses in the fact that they got BTFO'd.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KMsryQSdT_k
youtube.com/watch?v=66PmQ7STK-g
youtube.com/watch?v=Lxol3uRNoZE&t=202s
historynet.com/sapper-attack-the-elite-north-vietnamese-units.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NLF_and_PAVN_battle_tactics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embassy_of_the_United_States,_Saigon#Tet_Offensive
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Ap_Bac
youtube.com/watch?v=19ejFuEyHyk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Any good documentaries about Vietnam?? (not totally pro USA please)

Dunno. Pro-Viet Cong anything is kinda hard to find. Even the videogame series "Vietcong" ain't even from the perspective of North Vietnamese soldiers, in both games you play as some G.I. burger.

Whoever said history's written by the victor lied.

I don't mean pro-Vietcong, but the most neutral posible

Are there actual arguments as to why the Vietcong are supposedly the bad guys, from a burger perspective? I mean this shit is just ridiculous, what bad stuff did they actually do besides being commies? Digging tunnels?

She'll never fuck you fam, she's into girls.

Well…uh…you see-…you know, GOMMUNISM n' stuff. Stop asking questions and braise Jesus!

Pretty much all the funny posts come from user, you'll never be appreciated as a namefag. You're fighting against entropy my friend, even our ecelebs who produce content rather than commenting are mercilessly bullied and picked apart. leftypol is savage as fuck when concerned with people who might want fame.

Reminder the Vietcong spent most of it's time doing political work and much less time actually fighting. It was part of their success.

this movie was pretty pro North-Vietnam strangely

youtube.com/watch?v=KMsryQSdT_k

Good luck pitching that novel you got there, m8.

Yeah It's wierd how balanced it was for a Gibson war movie

Interesting. I wonder how the Vietnamese public in general remember the Viet Cong…

Viet Cong were bourgeois

youtube.com/watch?v=66PmQ7STK-g
youtube.com/watch?v=Lxol3uRNoZE&t=202s

Burgers unironically think that the South Vietnamese government were innocent dindus being bullied by ebil commies and not filthy colonialist collaborators who were even less democratic than the north.

I didn't think so, I thought it glorified the Americans more than most Vietnam movies, which is saying a lot since most of them at the very least show the war as a pointless quagmire that accomplished nothing.

This may come as a surprise to you, but all the laughs "Afroplasm" has received have actually been due to me, talking like a crack dealer from 80's Compton, using your name.

Generally Murican faggots see the vietnam war like this: The people of Vietnam were being duped into communism because it promised them a better life, but in actuality it would only have fruitioned into a nasty dictatorship. Not only that, but the people hadn't ever experienced the "joys" of Muh Free Market Gapitalism™ to they couldn't compare the two. America therefore, being the "good guy with a big stick," was obligated to intervene in order to protect them from the hell they would have unwittingly created for themselves.

Source: I'm a fucking burger and this was basically what we were told.

In other words, they don't have any real arguments

Gotta love the modern white man's burden. we need to bomb the stupid foreigners into civilisation

And it's never once worked, but they keep trying for some reason.
Then again, the US seems to lose these wars so it isn't like they have a lot of history to work with

A lot of regular anti-war activists and liberals say that the Vietcong were mostly just ordinary poorly-equiped nationalist farmers. Is there truth to this?

in the beginning yes, but after the tet offensive they where just the peoples army of vietnam southern edition

ridiculous, what bad stuff did they actually do besides being commies? Digging tunnels?
they would requistion rice at gun point sometimes, also killed a bunch of mountain tribesmen
*they're still the good guys tbh*
*their also freaking cool*

historynet.com/sapper-attack-the-elite-north-vietnamese-units.htm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NLF_and_PAVN_battle_tactics

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embassy_of_the_United_States,_Saigon#Tet_Offensive

=HNNNNGGG

Vietnam tunnels look kinda cozy

Literally Communists version of ISIS.

they were filled with jungle bugs

t.guy who left his legs in a rice paddy

I like NVA over them they are too fanatic to me even NVA and Northern leaders knew about this as well since they were still useful tool for them so NVA kept their mouth shut, I guess NVA were relieve when VC got reckted hardly during Tet offensive so the north can fully insert their in the south likes>>1924349 said
and It's good that they were abolished after war ended. A guy who managed VC stilled regret on what they did in Hue city during Tet offensive till to day.

fighting back after being denied a referendum and kicking burger ass is being ISIS now?

how's that agent orange exposition working out for you, lieutenant dan?

I'm Yuropoor and I was dating an American girl for a while, and her dad got mental illness from Agent Orange exposure and passed it on to some of his kids. When I was visiting her family in America though, I was not allowed to even critisize the Vietnam War or even point out that in the end, North Vietnam won because that would trigger her dad. I don't understand Americans to be quite honest. Are they suffering from some sort of Stockholm Syndrome?

how?

PTSD and some sort of paranoid schizophrenia. I can personally confirm that this is true, he had a lot of kids, and all of them were borderline insane/autistic/mentally ill. By autistic I mean literal autism, not the meme. Also most of his children went to college for free because of that.

Is there a war Americans don't enter that they don't send troops into with technology that is supposed to "wipe out the enemy entirely" but only ends up resulting in asymmetrical warfare with heavy losses?

The most hilarious shit is they just dropped the idea of sending troops altogether from getting rid of the draft to total reliance on drones.

I almost think there's some kind of strategy to getting your shit kicked over and over or just creating mistake after mistake from Vietnam to the Gulf War to Afghanistan and Iraq

But Vietnam was one where I can say for certain they came in prepared expecting to instantly steam roll any resistance like retards but ended up getting more men POW'd than World War fucking II. I can say the same for Korea, they expected something easy, they didn't realize that troops could just hop skip away into the Chinese border, and war with China was a ridiculous idea and they ended up leaving.

Sure, the US won the war, but at the end of the day how many soldiers are still missing

Are you really Hoochie? You don't post like her at all.

You're the most milquetoast namefag ever

Yes I am really hoochie, yes the mods said it was me, yes the board changed codes with some hack or some shit.

You better triumph over Afroplasm then. He's been trying to appropriate your place.

I'm going to peg him.

Where ya been? Some poor replacements have shown up while you were gone.

delicious

Its as easy as this to fix the afroplasm problem

i remember reading one time that during an offensive in cambodia some sappers launched an attack on phenom pehn, where they stole some m113s from the combodian army, and rolled them down the streets.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Ap_Bac

She's been posting as user.

Does anyone have any personal recommendations for books about North Vietnam, the Viet Cong, and/or Ho Chi Minh himself?

Filter my posts all you want, you know I'm in your head with my shitposts echoing round in your skull.

No.

Vietcong did nothing wrong.

Agent Orange fucks up your genes man. It's some real shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=19ejFuEyHyk
Documentary from the side of the Viet Cong and civilians, ranging from poets to artists to field workers. Very interesting.

Agent Orange affects sperm and egg health. There are teens and young adults in Vietnam nowadays who are still getting cancer from Agent Orange related illnesses. It's estimated by the government that around five hundred thousand, possibly more, have been affected directly by it.

The Vietcong was heavily integrated into the PAVN (aka the NVA), there was a lot of overlap between command structures, officers, logistics, etc. Essentially the VC was a militia arm of the PAVN operating in the South, and after the Tet Offensive they were so depleted that the PAVN regulars fought the rest of the war themselves.

That isn't to say that the communists didn't have popular support and that the VC didn't recruit from genuinely disgruntled farmers and peasants. They Americans canceled the planned South Vietnamese elections because all indicators showed a landslide victory for the communists. Regardless of their economic ideology, the Vietnamese people saw Ho Chi Minh as a national hero, and rightly so. The Americans were quite literally competing with Vietnam's equivalent of George Washington, Pancho Villa, and Tito all mixed together.

The US didn't win in Vietnam or Korea, the former being a humiliating defeat and the latter being a draw.

From a video game perspective, it would be because they died off a crazy lot faster than Americans did. Everyone in shooters wants to be the elite supersoldier who fights impossible odds to win, but that just was not the VC experience. Meanwhile, on the other sideyou have Rambo racking up a kill count that even he doesn't believe is possible.

Vietnam won a pyrrhic victory. The only thing they got out of the war was the ability to fly a flag with a red star on it at the expense of a generation.

Try Rising Storm 2. They portray the Viet Cong and PAVN rather positively - heavy emphasis on their being clever and resourceful + whenever they win a match against the US, their victory cry is typically "Our homes are safe!"

does it has a campaign? I want to pirate it.

man shut the fuck up

I would say Korea was more of a loss for the US than Vietnam, Vietnam being a symbolic loss after Korea, and every single troop war the US has lost since Vietnam has been a symbolic loss.

Vietnam, unfortunately, became capitalist. But at the same time, a small force nobody thought could ever stand up to the United States managed to deal an effective years long war that changed not only United States culture but bled support for its military.

Korea has its own nation, even though I believe it's pretty FUBAR. They still have that.

Right. Even Vietnamese Americans today see Ho Chi Minh as a symbol. Some are spooked beyond belief about "BUT MUH CUMMUNISTS RUINED EVERYTHING", and that's why they moved

But there's a nationalistic spirit about Minh's rise that many Vietnamese people identify with, I could say a "White American" parallel would be about how you obsess over your own side in the civil war. Whether you admire Lincoln or the South.

And once again the north was absolutely based while the south was garbo

Inb4 "Muh states rights" historical revisionism from butthurt southerners.

Just multiplayer.

That first pic is crazy. If Al Qaeda was vietnamese pic related would probably be real.

Anyway, here's a cool thing I've learned about the Panthers and the North Vietnamese, from Black Against Empire: