/music/?

What do you guys listen to? I've been on a jazz binge lately but I discovered this artist who does really white hip hop but I vibe with it!

pic related!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/mishapanfilov/undefined
youtube.com/channel/UCHp3vvz2b2ChlacaJ9JsfwA/undefined
youtu.be/1b4CbrRkUis
youtu.be/DUosbTe_2Pc
youtu.be/fkM1KLb_Ngs
youtube.com/watch?v=BSxVV6qIPJo
youtube.com/watch?v=feShpPLivK0
youtube.com/watch?v=GU21qYFmrcY
youtube.com/watch?v=Xqw4wo8vdY8
youtube.com/watch?v=Eyjj8BgsBGU
youtube.com/watch?v=nxg4C365LbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vrrO7MKVrQU
youtube.com/watch?v=bArCuXDfQoE
youtube.com/watch?v=wy9r2qeouiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fYTxcXmvBDA
youtube.com/watch?v=xlcywgEMuGI
youtube.com/watch?v=0Mi1ikJqWcw
youtube.com/watch?v=7pKzVD0zfbw
youtube.com/watch?v=NGR5fTO2oio&list=PLJQe1qMP_r78RtoQqjGnO3IlgHZengO59
mediaite.com/tv/jill-stein-slams-demonization-of-north-korea-in-bizarre-msnbc-interview/amp/
youtube.com/watch?v=f3QV2FLeSyI
youtube.com/watch?v=kvXR9ZRJuq0
youtube.com/watch?v=z8VIhIIq-kk
youtube.com/watch?v=z7zvCgP94gM
youtube.com/watch?v=rQb9SOjQKaM
youtube.com/watch?v=3gSLwjy28HM
youtube.com/watch?v=enSmGzLHRkI
youtube.com/watch?v=D2QsbfhpDNw
youtube.com/watch?v=cs9TKu2o1g4
youtube.com/watch?v=Y952YCGf5MM
youtube.com/watch?v=CPzTjVrtvU8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Militaristic music (don't judge)
Synthwave
Video game soundtrack
Classical
Pop and pop-rock

Der Heimliche Aufmarsch

bruh synthwave is dope! GUNSHIP is my jam! Carpenter Brut is lit too.

They are good but I prefer softer things, like HOME (or maybe it's more Future Synth, I dunno)

HOME reminds of Stardew Valley with their song Divide Down.

I like this man good stuff!

There must be a correlation between music people like and their political beliefs.
I don't really like anarchism and coincidently I'm a big fan of military marches. Could there be a connection ?

I don't know. I mean I identify as a twig eating caveman and I love the Soviet national anthem aswell as electronic music. Perhaps I'm an outlier.

There's these two YouTube channels I found that uploads a bunch of jazz from the East Bloc years. Not many of these found their way on the international market and mostly remained on the local market, so they're rare, and really unique. The channels are:
youtube.com/user/mishapanfilov/undefined
youtube.com/channel/UCHp3vvz2b2ChlacaJ9JsfwA/undefined

Some of my favorites right now include:
youtu.be/1b4CbrRkUis
youtu.be/DUosbTe_2Pc
and
youtu.be/fkM1KLb_Ngs

Adorno was definitely wrong about jazz, at least in how it developed beyond its original boring and machinic origins. Goes to show that capitalism can provide the material and spirit necessary to create great music.

I would argue it's not Capitalism that provides motivations. it's in fact the human spirit that wants to pursue more creative or unique sounds. If anything, Capitalism provides a formula for people to follow and "enjoy". Take a look at Top 40s stuff (which I love btw). Today's market is leaning more towards sexual lyrics with a heavy dosage of rap. That may not be a bad thing but I don't consider it to be "innovative" either.

I love these links you have though! awesome stuff!

lolicore, jungle, breakcore, speedcore, hardtek

Proto-Vaporwave
webm related

I am into techno (dub and industrial mostly), jazz (mostly free jazz), house, metal (drone and black metal mostly), Jungle, DnB, Grime, the list could go on.

Sound lad

Based DJ Screw

allsorts

Hip hop, noise, (mostly modern) classical, synthwave, industrial, folk, neo-folk, power electronics, post-punk, noise rock

Anybody know of any good lefty power metal? Sabaton singing about the soviet union is not good enough

Don't think so buddy, I have anarchist sympathies and I had several years of my life where I almost exclusively listened to various 18th and 19th century marches

We have many boards for music and we have many boards for Holla Forums shit. Pick one and stop polluting this place up with off-topic crap.

Punk/hardcore, noise rock, hip hop, industrial, metal (black, death, doom, thrash), grindcore, folk, no wave, blues, reggae, gregorian chanting, dark ambient, country and probably a bunch of other shit.

ayy
it's surprising where a week on /mu/ chart threads and finding people on RYM will get you

Excellent taste, my friend!

I've been listening to a lot of classical music recently as well as a lot of vaporwave.

Synthwave
Darkwave
Dark ambient
Electro (specially French house)
Witchouse
Vaporwave (occasionally)
Post-rock
Atmospheric post-metal
Black metal
Gothi rock
Ambiental stuff
European folk
Dream pop
Preferenec for stuff sang in other languages
Some 80's pop
Whatever that sounds like a music collage
I love a "genre" that idk if it has an specific name, but it's a Japanese school of glitch-postrock

But a lot of random stuff from sharethreads.
Some stuff I remember: many random military/propaganda music, protest songs, minimal techno, some drugie's born again christian redemption album, a microphone thrown down a sinkhole, old tango, electro-tango, tibetan throat singing, some Walmart employees charity album, Russian/Ukrainian folk metal, Peruvian-electronic music (first vid),

youtube.com/watch?v=BSxVV6qIPJo
youtube.com/watch?v=feShpPLivK0
youtube.com/watch?v=GU21qYFmrcY
youtube.com/watch?v=Xqw4wo8vdY8
youtube.com/watch?v=Eyjj8BgsBGU
youtube.com/watch?v=nxg4C365LbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vrrO7MKVrQU
youtube.com/watch?v=bArCuXDfQoE
youtube.com/watch?v=wy9r2qeouiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fYTxcXmvBDA
youtube.com/watch?v=xlcywgEMuGI

Nice music ITT
I never see such widespread taste for synth-whatever, whatever-wave, eletro-whatever irl, but it's become quite widespread in chans.

Would extend it to worldviews in general
My eyes are fixed on futurism, that's why I like electronic stuff, not the party type, rather music that creates new landscapes that only could be synthesised artificially, like Future Synth, syberpunk stuff, cyber-darkwave, futuristic electro (Carpenter Brut, Perturbator, Lorn, etc)

this guy is in the know

Trance
deadmau5ish house
hip hop (lil b)
soviet stuff

You better be talking about ragtime and not early jazz. You can't think this is boring:
youtube.com/watch?v=0Mi1ikJqWcw
youtube.com/watch?v=7pKzVD0zfbw

But anyway, thanks for the links.

youtube.com/watch?v=NGR5fTO2oio&list=PLJQe1qMP_r78RtoQqjGnO3IlgHZengO59
I've been listening to the Sonic Mania OSTs over and over again and I cannot stop
TWO
MORE
WEEKS

Some bourgeoisie journalist recently printed this article, which slammed Stein for taking a rational stance on North Korea and Russia.
mediaite.com/tv/jill-stein-slams-demonization-of-north-korea-in-bizarre-msnbc-interview/amp/

I've been mostly listening to jazz in this year, but recently I've started listening to classical, starting with some mediaeval and renaissance music.
Also, because it's summer, some MPB and bossa nova, as well as some samba. I also like some house and techno from time to time, and electronic music in general.
I basically listen to a lot of different stuff, but usually I focus on just a couple of genres in a moment.

nice

Here's a chart with Polish Jazz that I made. I'm still working on it and have some albums to add.

and there are also yass albums on this chart, they start with Tańce Bydgoskie by Trytony.

Mostly old school Death Metal, Black Metal, Grindcore and batshit crazy dissonant Jazz.

youtube.com/watch?v=f3QV2FLeSyI
youtube.com/watch?v=kvXR9ZRJuq0
youtube.com/watch?v=z8VIhIIq-kk
youtube.com/watch?v=z7zvCgP94gM

my last year

we would probably get along

bump

==DEEP== house music
that super jazzy, laid back shit

any EPs or singles recs?
When it comes to house I've only listened to Chicago House (and really enjoyed it) and some microhouse like Ricardo Villalobos - Achso

yea I been digging some of the shit coming out of France, Paris specifically with DKO records:
youtube.com/watch?v=rQb9SOjQKaM
youtube.com/watch?v=3gSLwjy28HM
youtube.com/watch?v=enSmGzLHRkI
youtube.com/watch?v=D2QsbfhpDNw

And a couple bonus misc ones:
youtube.com/watch?v=cs9TKu2o1g4
youtube.com/watch?v=Y952YCGf5MM

Heads if you can, and I can drop more recs later but I'm pressed for time.

Folque is nazbol
youtube.com/watch?v=CPzTjVrtvU8

thanks mate, those are quite nice, I'm going to get the eps/singles with those tracks soon.