Hmmmm'st

Hmmmm'st

Other urls found in this thread:

charityintelligence.ca/charity-details/58-salvation-army
give.org/charity-reviews/national/religious/salvation-army-national-corporation-in-alexandria-va-1221
wrongkindofgreen.org/2013/03/18/the-starvation-army-12-reasons-to-reject-the-salvation-army/
forbes.com/companies/salvation-army/
ajc.com/news/crime--law/man-pleads-guilty-salvation-army-embezzling-scheme/hPlmWaNfb726hq9JkCR0iL/
christiancentury.org/article/2006-08/salvation-army-staffer-admits-embezzlement
dfnd.net/2016/03/nonprofit-finance-manager-pleads-embezzlement/
nltimes.nl/2016/10/25/prison-time-demanded-embezzling-salvation-army-employee
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyby_anomaly
gyazo.com/54e0c902531eb4508997def208acf43d.png
gametheory.net/Mike/applets/PDilemma/Pdilemma.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lagggggg

Bump.

:

bop

Dallas has it right, i have the name on in that cap yes that one, the full version that has my post prompting you to check it out

but anyways who doesn't like a good fap to something weird once in a while

cool gif squid, i like it

And normal people. The weirdest normal people get is like anal and slapping- Not homosexual dogs banging androgynous traps.

:)

you were gone for a good 40 minutes, or an hour before you came back

i joke about it sometimes but that had to be some truly traumatizing stuff

i can only guess at the things you saw there

How the fuck are you affording a brand new, $2000 computer, Luka, when you beg people for money to get Subway because you have no food and are unemployed?

EARTHWORM. FUCKING. JIM.

Just damn dude.

have you watched sakura quest ? i feel like i've asked u this before...

why are people confused about this
you beg people for money to get food, then save the goodboy points that you would've spent on that food
eventually you have enough goodboy points for a computer
alternatively
xmas

the way you interchange money and goodboy points disturbs me

If he's literally on welfare for his entire existence, who the fuck would gift him $2000?

no seriously i didn't even go gold for eliminations but i had like 8 people voting for me at the end and it's like ????? did a few people misclick?

goodboy points is the name for the money the goberment gives you for existing rather than real money

i assume he has a family, and i'm still under the impression that he's mentally retarded to some extent

foreign concept to me

I think it came from some r9k shitpost

He's talked in the past about his family hating him and shit so I really don't think he's getting any handouts from them.

my dad told me golf wouldn't be boring but this isn't what i had in mind

then that idea's out the window, didn't know that
or he was lying

Luka lying for people to give him sympathy and/or League skins? Say it ain't so.

I kind of can see Luka stealing the Salvation Army donation pot at his local Walmart.

woundlt be going to much better at the salvation army, maybe a donation place that wasnt totally shitty

wouldnt*

Salvation army is legitimately one of the best charities out there. They're religious nutjobs sure but that also ensures they actually do SOMETHING with the money they get. The vast, vast, vast majority of other charities just take the money for the people running them.

Actually a lot of the money goes on religious advertising for like christmas, do you actually look into charities or do you just guess they are going to do something with it because they are christian?

does the guy who owns a specific chain of stores have to be christian just because the chain is associated with that?

The salvation army is one of the WORST charities to give your money to, only give to charities that say exactly what they are doing with the money and never assume

*shrug*
I've looked into it briefly here, maybe it's more fucked there.

I'm not christian myself. My point is that religious nutjobs are religious nutjobs and can generally be trusted to act thusly.

And you can bet your ass people will pretend to be religious just to cash in on some easy money and gullible people too.

hello yes i am jesus

i have returned

please give me your money in this metal tray, I'll pass it around

shit the method of extortion is 1700 years older than the currency they are trying to extort

no me

When are you going to take Lili to hot dog heaven?

TheAmazingAtheist extorts his Youtube followers

And that's by and large not them. At least not here. And I highly suspect not there either.

And the end of the day they're still more trustworthy than the general charities out there. Or literal fucking garbage like make a wish.

hes also a giant fucking clown that put a banana in his lard ass, but they are entertaining in a sense of the word

I liked how he handled the banana thing

Pretty much "yeah I put in a banana in my ass, so what?"

Based

No they are not, at the end of the day they are still a garbage charity and you are still making retarded guesses about stuff.

Don't donate at all if you aren't going to make it count, you'd be better off donating to Awesome Games Done Quick that goes to cancer awareness

i mean what more is there to say on the matter

charityintelligence.ca/charity-details/58-salvation-army

give.org/charity-reviews/national/religious/salvation-army-national-corporation-in-alexandria-va-1221

idk

I've been sick but I should be ok to do stuff soon

and what does this post tell us?

man i need to make some food im so hungry rn

Gee, I don't know. Maybe if there was someway to open links and read whatever they're saying.

If only.

He could list all the other fruits he's inserted rectally as well

Romance anime I'm following this season:

gee if only that wasnt a report from 2013, that expired this month

gee if only they werent random links he found and posted, without any words with them, maybe he hoped the numbers would confuse me or something, sorry did you want to join in with us?

Detailed Expense Breakdown
Detailed Functional Breakdown of Expenses: Standard 12

Description
Include in the financial statements a breakdown of expenses (e.g., salaries, travel, postage, etc.) that shows what portion of these expenses was allocated to program, fund raising, and administrative activities. If the charity has more than one major program category, the schedule should provide a breakdown for each category.

The organization meets this standard.

this is the sort of thing you want to keep the closest eye on

anyways ADGQ made 2.2 million dollars this year and all of it was non-profit

by 'make' do you mean 'heat something up' or actually cooking :P

memes

anyways AGDQ is a giant scam and most of the money isnt donated

im not sure yet

time to look in the kitchen. i wish i had money i'd just go to taco bell and get a nice tasty

The URLs literally contain "charity reviews" and "charity details", one from Canada (where they are originally from) and one from America's own BBB.

You fancy yourself some pseudo-intellectual autodidact but literally cannot even open a URL to read a fucking breakdown of the charity's fundraising and expenditures.

if it's a non-profit charity, all of the money should be donated

Salvation army doesn't even claim to be non-profit for charity

No i read it, I'm just explaining that squiddy took the first two results that looked good on good without adding any words of their own, because they didn't really have anything informed to say about it, and it seems like you don't either.

looked good on page one of google*

and the review was literally expired

As opposed to your ever so insightful "I KNOW THEY'RE A BAD CHARITY BECAUSE THEY'RE RELIGIOUS" based on nothing more than whatever "feelings" you had surrounding them.

No, I know they are a bad charity because I've only ever heard and read consistently bad things about them from people who know more about these things than I do, and pay attention to them more than me, and now I am trying to inform both of you that they are bad. I even have a friend who worked at one.

Holy shit is there any way to discredit yourself any fucking quicker?
Fucking everyone knows that GDQ takes a significant cut and are essentially all but a corporate entity. There's literally no reason to donate to them. Also, "cancer awareness" is the most literally fucking retarded thing to donate towards. Why the literal fuck would you donate towards awareness instead of research? All it does is fund more fucking pink ribbon day tier bullshit which gets nothing done. It's an endless cycle which feeds into nothing.

l i t e r a l l y

But then what does salvation army donate towards since you wanted to openly support it as a good charity? Shouldn't you have some idea of that without sending me expired links?

homie

just cause it says NON PROFIT dont mean they dont take profits you shoulda learned this in middle school

u deserve a head pat for this one squiddy i love u

Is the Vatican's various charitable projects and entities throughout the developed and developing world mean that those hundreds of millions of dollars are all a scam because you heard from a friend that they Catholics are bad?

Burden of proof rests on the person making the original assertion that they are a good charity, and all I got was an expired review, so I wouldn't say there is anything for me to discredit.

I don't know how a bunch of retarded meme lords can't tell when someone else is memeing by mentioning another clearly well known and demonstrably bad charity in relation to your equally bad charity.

see
Also known as you making the original assertion that they're bad.

guys im just joking !

It's not bad because Catholics are bad, it's bad for the same reason ADGQ is bad, because they don;t put the money where they say they are going to put it.

YOU 👏 CAN 👏 BE 👏 CATHOLIC 👏 AND 👏 STILL 👏 AVOID 👏 BURNING 👏 PEOPLE 👏 AT 👏 THE 👏 STAKE 👏 AND 👏 DROWNING 👏 THEM 👏 AND 👏 TORTURING 👏 THEM 👏 ETC 👏

Feeding and clothing homeless, for one. That's a lot more than the fucking "get your doctor to finger you" posters the PCF pays for.

And honestly, this is beside the point. Even for fucking you claiming fucking GDQ of all fucking things is a good place to donate to shows just how completely and utterly inept and out of the fucking loop you are.

Joke's truly on us: he was just pretending to be retarded this whole time.

Not was after squiddy implied that giving to the salvation army would be better than buying Luka skins, which I am still going to maintain it would be less wasted on something you would actually see like skins.

yes because usually sincere statements follow this

Says the retard supporting a link that literally is expired information

Reminder that the GDQ staff all gets paid thousands and thousands of dollars. iirc all in all they take a bit under a 20% cut directly, right into their pockets.

HE GOT US !!!

The first mention of Salvation Army was here:

Followed by your direct reply of:

saying they were "totally shitty".

Literally the first person talking about the validity of them as a charity.

Even the fucking homeless people who get hired there hate the place.

So it's still valid.

Not true, the first hint at them having any validity at all was Squid saying that money would be better spent on donations there than skins

on, not after

what

Literally no one mentioned giving to the Salvation Army over giving Luka League skins.

i didnt say anything about giving money in that post you retard i implied about where the money was going to be spent, if luka steals it they can't donate it

baddog stop being inspector gadget for like twenty fucking seconds

because god knows you'd need extendo arms to reach this fucking hard

this conversation literally would not be happening without that topic

oh are we going back to rap battles

THAT DIDN'T RHYME!!!!!!!

yes stolen money, for league skins

The first hint of anyone even mentioning the validity of the Salvation Army was literally you calling them a "shitty charity".

There once was a Catholic charity
A front for simple barbarity
They raped little kids
And sold them for bids
The hero BD showed this with clarity

and they are a shitty charity, even people who work there hate it

based limericks

I'd like to think I'm growing some skill by continually coming up with this kind of nonsense on the spot

Surely I'm doing something productive

yoooo if yall comin at me with this crazy donation talk

im boutta open my door and walk
right outta this conversation

yalls is lames this aint take no concentration
if i could i'd make yall jews and put ya in a time machine call up hitler and have him help me with some concentration

this argument is wack yall already know that
but you keep on yappin like someone said ya momma was fat

improvisation is hard to get better at without a lot of consistent practice yea

Goodnight.

what do you just like lurk all the time??

Personal anecdotes do not equal evidence of anything considering government agencies from multiple countries consider them to donate more than 80% of their income.

All you've said to "prove" they're a bad charity, since you were the one making the initial claim of them being shitty, is that "I knew someone who volunteered there and hated it" and "all religious charities are scams".

But please, give whatever insight you can further pull from your ass.

I was more thinking in terms of poetry/writing skill but I guess it's good for general improvisation skill as well

Did you see yours? :3

Goodnight I guess ♥

I leave it up on my third monitor and forget about it.

i do the same thing T B H

I did, it was nice I suppose.

wrongkindofgreen.org/2013/03/18/the-starvation-army-12-reasons-to-reject-the-salvation-army/

or i can stop bullshitting and just demonstrate why they are a bad company to support in general

Yours needs to be adapted into an anime

Sleep well~

hey what did you think of my SICK RAP erio

thats why too much reading you retards, actually proving whether something is good or effective as a charity would take way more time than you would be willing to invest, if you want to prove me wrong go ahead and read all 12 reasons, i did more than 4 years ago when my friend worked there still and sent that link to me

I'm pretty sure a blog which is openly biased like this isn't exactly a reputable source in any way.

Good job, keep it up and you could destroy Holla Forums

Reach for the stars

thanks erio ! i'll do my best !

Plus it's a piece written by admitted anarchists which starts with talking about how the leader disliked anarchists, like come on.

pretty sure expired things arent either but i didnt complain about that till you guys got pissy

tons of other sites you can read about their racism on that i can find and link, and the person i knew in person who worked there said the work staff did harass him and it was militaristic and unreasonable working conditions

Well I mean, I suppose I could have just shortened that to
But you know.

expired

funds assessment

What the literal fuck are you even on about?
What the fuck does expired have to do with anything?
How does tsuchi posting some shit which is bordering on expiry validate your blatantly bullshit hit-piece?

Or you can just use reputable sources instead of someone's blog post talking about how they're bad by, again, talking about the charity's social views rather than their actual charitable expenditures.
Here's fucking Forbes:
forbes.com/companies/salvation-army/

And here you are calling everyone else the retard.

Not to mention you're trying to discredit an assessment done in 2014 by saying it's expired and posting a blog post written in 2013?
Like what the fuck

How does information "expire" anyways? Not being up-to-date doesn't invalidate the data for when it was relevant.

Kind of want to write a light novel about Kissy's alleged time as a sex shop loli

Now thats an actually credible source, that says only 82% of donations go to aid, and the other 18% do not. There are charities that give 100% of proceeds they just aren't as large or well advertised.

what's the difference between a short story and light novel

You just should have gotten the newest version, if you know how to find it. It might not have been published yet because it's still in the month.

I don't know, I kind of tried to ask BD what exactly a light novel is on Discord just now but he's too busy with aggressively tipping his cavalier hat or w/e

This is essentially nonexistant.

Light novels are physically published alone and are accompanied by illustrations, and are normally serialized.

And the Better Business Bureau wasn't a credible source?

Or are you saying that sites/organizations specifically set up to evaluate charities aren't as credible as the blog post you linked?

Also iirc LN's can be almost as long as regular old Novels, it's more of a medium thing than a strict story format thing.

sleepy x.x

cavalier hat?? what do these even look like

also i dont read light novels

100%? maybe, but a lot of charities give much more than 82%

I'm 👏 A 👏 Strong 👏 Independent 👏 Black 👏
Woman 👏 With 👏 WikiHow 👏 And 👏 I 👏 Don't 👏 Need 👏 No 👏 BD 👏

Sleep

I have some that are 600 pages long so length isn't really a factor.

That is very much a minority of charities, in practice.

They're flamboyant and have a feather and stuff

Didn't you read the NGNL light novels?

you're literally just degrading your own product
why would you do this

I was complaining about the link you sent with that

sell more to hooked japanese school kids

see

So my link of wasn't credible even though it was a site dedicated to evaluating charities but your blog post link of personal anecdotes about their social views is?

those hats are cool

i hate when im on youtube then i see a clickbait thing about some angry idiot yelling and then im like wow this is a real person and i get really angry and im like hey liliana u should chill out this isnt important

rip branding

That's because it's productive to advertise with some of that money, a lot of charities strike a better balance between donation and profit used for advertising, it's just Salvation army is the number 4 so more people hear about it

ajc.com/news/crime--law/man-pleads-guilty-salvation-army-embezzling-scheme/hPlmWaNfb726hq9JkCR0iL/

Playing video games makes me tired.

i would play videogames if i hadnt stayed up all night doing this instead

That's clearly a lone incident of one person stealing FROM them.

Playing videogames makes me less tired.

10 years earlier

christiancentury.org/article/2006-08/salvation-army-staffer-admits-embezzlement

i havent watched it yet.
lol, looks like thread has gone downhill.
post cute things to fix it. inb4 moar random pseudo intel lectuals post more random gibberish. :P

yea i said a lot of retarded shit to waste time and things i wasn't sure of but the real point i really do want to make, is giving to smaller charities with specific goals that they openly tell you about is best

your choice

Bizarre

And yet you said to give to the PCF

even if they are reputable they are less efficient, i never even said they had a bad reputation they just don't donate enough assets fully to charity

Joke's truly on us: he was just pretending to be retarded this whole time.

all i said is that it supports cancer research

it's not a good idea to donate to the salvation army

Let's talk again soon

I want to conduct an interview

hi buddy !!

yeah its rough right now. TIME TO CUTEPOST !!!!!!

^_~

separate case

dfnd.net/2016/03/nonprofit-finance-manager-pleads-embezzlement/

I refuse to believe it.
Everyone but me must be the weird ones.

Hi friend

How are things ?

Kissy is so aloof and disinterested in things she could actually work pretty well as a sex shop loli anime character

Like, just imagine her casually and bluntly talking about a sex toy to a customer and them getting embarrassed

That customer could be an anime girl based on Liliana

What does what I said about the workers hating working there have to do with me implying its a charity with a bad reputation?

That's the same as the first case you dolt

Kanra please

REPUTATION is about what the general large majority think, and not what is factually true

You literally are saying they have a bad reputations by giving unsourced anecdotes about how everyone hates them yet are proclaiming you haven't said they have a bad reputation.

What the fuck sort of mental gymnastics are you trying to do here?

He will literally say something and act like he never said even when directly linked the post.

The fuck?

*slice slice*

wrong link

nltimes.nl/2016/10/25/prison-time-demanded-embezzling-salvation-army-employee

He's probably smoking weed but not enough to see the real important things here

That's not claiming they have a bad reputation, that's claiming that I [personally have heard bad things about them.

??????????

Are you saying that everything with a good reputation has to be talked about positively?? or what

im doing alright ! my mom brought home candy canes today !!! ITS ALMOST CHRISTMAS AAAAAAAAAA I WANNA HEAR THE MUSIC AND MAKE PEOPLE COOKIES AND BE COLD !!!!!!!

POWERFUL SWORD SHALL STRIKE DOWN THE ANGRY !!! CUTE SHALL PREVAIL !!!

I mean, I wasn't going on about being smarter than everyone or anything. I think that was just general autism, not kanrautism.

i wanna see you make more cute folders, they will make me smile with their new pics

You have done nothing but constantly proclaim how awful it supposedly is and now are switching to how you never said there was anything bad about their reputation, despite making blanket statements about how everyone hates them.

What world do you live in?

why do they constantly talk about it like it has to mean they are better??

like how can they not know that will make people bad, how can your existent be just about being better than other people

I have my window open right now so i'm already cold.

Make me some warm cookies.

Same thing

I was saying they are a bad charity to give money to, if they had a bad reputation and everyone thought that their money was not going to go directly to aid, they would spend it on more focused charities that specifically deal with certain things, rather than giving to a source that donates to several charities, it's not like they just give to one source.

ive been playing a l o o o o t of games lately. havent been able to cap anything...

i have been watching Blend-S but thats been with others so i cant just pause and cap x.x

i also have my window open ! im in a nice comfy hoodie and also i have a nice pine candle burning. its my favorite scent !!!! its hard to find outside of the christmas season...

what kind of cookies ? maybe sugar. or CHOCOLATE CHIP the classic

Autism

No, respect my special snowflake tisms
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

really helpful when it says that in the banner

Wildlife biologists have recently observed that the elusive wild dog canis malus (commonly known as the "bad dog") will stay up all night barking endlessly if stuck in an internet argument

;~;
if only you played games i play...

woof woof

bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark

oh shit lmao erio tried to call me on discord and i didnt hear it because it was set to busy

Sugar cookies with chocolate chips in them.

I refuse

ring ring

i only know that you play league ! what else do you play ? i play mmm... a lot of tekken and pubg and aaaaaa and and the occasional single player game.

AWOOOOOOOOOOOO

okay ! that sounds like itll taste good. one batch comin right uuuuuuuuuuuuppppp for a miss :skull: cutie !!

-pets u- ♥

-pets u- ♥

Your fukken ded kiddo

what person doesn't hate the job they work at anyways

i don't have much else

They better taste amazing.

I'm already dead

lets go back to talking about particle physics

that is a fast brit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nothing but the best for you !

hawking radiation is scary and will kill the universe

not that scary, its going to take trillions of years to dissipate even the smaller black holes

I'll be the judge of that.

we might live in a false vacuum and could die at any second

also we recently made the discovery of baryonic matter in the dark matter filaments between universes, its almost like veins and arteries fueling the galaxies while flinging them together

high impact alcoholism

time is subjective anyways

i saw that recent video on the vacuum catastrophe though

time isn't exactly subjective, that's a bit of a weasel phrase

gravity is bork and we're going to fuck something up because we don't understand it somehow

okay time is just the actualization of probability waves being collapsed by observation, and since "gravity" effects the rate at which we measure time, it makes it seem subjective, to us

you know i redownloaded va-11 hall-a today i think i'm gonna play it tomorrow though. i played it around this time last year and i miss how comfy the weekend i played it was. when i was playing it i think that was like. some of the best times of my current life in just about every aspect but mostly in my social life and personal happiness. im still doing good but.

that time was really nice.

bad alcohol !

yes

there is no way we are going to ruin the planet with science, i don't think any crazy blackhole shit could happen

affects*

affects, nerd

seriously though gravity is super fucking bork and scary
id believe that we couldn't fuck anything up if we didn't have flyby fuckups

shut up i got it

You should play it again then.

Maybe it will be like a nostalgia trip

Is that one of your favorite games ?

gravity is kind of becoming an out of date word slowly

mass tells space how to curve, and space tells mass how to act or something like that, its a lot like putting a large ball on a trampoline, you need a lot of mass to make something scary, Earth simply doesn't have the resources to make any of the monsters we see out there

I keep starting to replay it like, every several months, since the game was first released.
And always getting halfway through and not finishing it.

earth has enough...something...to fuck up satellites in a measurable way
scary enough for me

I hate that!

The more times you get partway through something than stop, the less likely you are to ever really finish it :(

are you talking about some specific here? what is messing up satellites orbiting earth?

How do even get this pseudointellectual? It will forever be a word, because for all practical, macroscopic intents and purposes it still is a classical force.

then stop*

phone posting is suffering

its definitely up in my top 10. it's fantastic. the world is beautiful. it all happens during the best month of the year. i feel so at home and warm and nice playing it.

bless u va-11 hall-a

im for sure gonna play it tomorrow. turn off discord n stay outta thread put my phone away and just. R E L A X

ignore everyone and enjoy a nice game.

it is my life

:3

well now that its nearly december you have to finish it !

there have been a number of unexplained increases in velocity during gravity assisted flybys of various astrological bodies, notably including gaia

it won't be outdated in the general population for the foreseeable future, but in highly specialized fields it's pretty fucked

Yes of course it is, and Newtonian physics are perfectly great and all for measuring almost any force on earth, it's just how gravity functions is classically misunderstood, it doesn't operate in the same way we initially believed it did, and so the beliefs tied to that word are often misunderstood.

I'm not saying the word will stop being used, it's definition has just been slightly updated.

That sounds nice and cozy.

You should make a top 10 list.

*lays down and rests for a little bit*

It's eternal in far, far more than just the general population. Yes, thinking of it as a force is merely a model, but it is a model which is completely accurate in practice, even for "highly specialized fields".

I'm sure you aren't trying to suggest the fundamental constants of the universe are actively changing.

no
gravity is not completely accurate in practice at all
this is why we have fudge factors

no
i just think one of our fundamental forces isn't currently expressed correctly

i should make a top 10 list. i might do that tonight.
the only issue maybe is that some games that i loved i might have forgotten the titles of some...

you going to bed ?

Thats why you gotta but lots and lots of extra thought into your list.

I made a list posters that I like and put zero thought into.

a mistake

could you link me to some of these weird satellite numbers?

Those would be other forces acting upon objects were you to try force shit into that model. The simple fact remains that gravity has a simple, well understood direct 'force' it exerts on all matter.

i made a poster tier list shortly after i got here

i put thought into it. it was a good list.

but only on earth

and only on earth

yea en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyby_anomaly
i'm not aware of details, just the existence
so can't get much more into it though

this just isn't true, sorry
not gonna get far into, but a quick google can show you that gravity, like all other newtonian physics, seems to only work if you don't push things to the extreme

I bet I wasn't even on it.

not just newtonian physics though

all physics seem to hate extremes that get too crazy, try pinning down a particles exact speed and you can't tell the exact location, try getting the exact location and you can't tell the exact velocity

im typing this right now before i go and look for it and then i'm gonna type the rest of this post after i've found it

yeah this tier list needs to be updated i have learned a lot in the past 20 days

like i didnt know you existed

that's more based on the need to physically measure something, less on it actually being in multiple places/going multiple speeds at once

this is really interesting for me

is it really a surprise we don't have all this shit ironed out yet?

thank god we have Jupiter you big beautiful mysterious planet

At least Soto is in the right tier.

thats true but it just shows you we arent quite there yet, we dont have the precision needed, but goddamn humans work pretty quick don't they?

i'm pretty impressed with us compared to every other species of lifeform off the planet

who made it off this fucking rock

yeah i could probably move most people in here but soto isnt moving out of that tier ever

of*

if you move me anywhere make me even less cute

actually just put me in the human trash tier with soto

And, you know, the parts of space we've gone near enough to that we know the slightest shit about.

Of course, you couldn't actually say what you mean. It's simply bullshit, and there is simply no reason to believe gravity as a force has not held true in reasonable practice yet. You're at best floundering hypothetical (in a literal sense) physics around. Even the most specialized fields can and do treat it as an absolute constant force.

i think youre def c- if not d tier

what the FUCK

not a surprise really i guess
still woulda preferred a dark planet to relativity for the inner planets' fucked up orbits though, woulda been great

you should look at the equation for finding intelligent life; more specifically, the estimates that people use for various variables
lifetime of civilization is my favorite, it's always hilariously short

are you trolling
i literally linked fuckups last post, and there's the fact that we use dark energy, a literal fudge factor, to explain like 2/3rds of the expansion of the universe because gravity is bork

Ending this mans whole life.

nope, gravity needs really consistent testing, it's extremely hard for us to get the numbers right, and if you are on a new body, not the earth, you need new measurements and lots of testing. how much more can we break this down....

comets hit earth, the atmosphere and planet are constantly being eroded away by cosmic and solar winds, we lose more material from this than we gain from comets and other debris that fall towards us. it is a negligible amount but mathematically it does effect our exact gravity

im pretty familiar with the Drake equation already

squid i think youre one of the few that dont move at all and stay in the tier i originally gave you

who what now

AFFECT***

I just thought the way you told him that was kinda funny.

its pretty great
i love the wild variation in variable plugins
various paradoxes and things about finding other intelligent life is what interests me the most I think
but lul fuck biology

oh okay !

omg this gif reminds me. i should set my background to this. i already have it downloaded on wallpaper engine i just need to change my settings !!

Come on nigger

Dark energy is used to represent observations (about shit we are barely capable of observing, I might add) we do not have an explanation for.. It is not a reason to believe that our assumptions of gravity as a force in a practical sense are in any way incorrect.

What?
Did you genuinely think I meant there's literal constant, 9.8 down towards whatever surface you're on? Come on bad dog, even you're smarter than this.

what if, the unexplained speed was caused by a massive object we didn't know about

that would be freaky

like not big enough to affect earth but big enough to affect the satellite

but gravity affects weight, not mass

Wallpaper engine was 100% worth my money

I need to change it to something new too

What?
What the fuck are you even saying anymore?
What relevance does that have to ANYTHING?

X is the expansion of the universe
If you can make gravity work for this, or show why it's not actually expanding how we think it is, you'll win a nobel prize

dark planet is real
less go
a massive object entering our local system would be dank though
imagine getting to see a rogue planet come fuck our orbits up

i bounce between using 3 static wallpapers i get from /wg/ /w/ /c/ and having 3 nice animated wallpapers. right now i have a bunch of snowy stuff but i think i'm gonna do a mix of snowy and that va-11 hall-a gif

right where you belong !

mass is more important than weight, i just don;t know why you were talking about 9.8 or what things weighed

no that would be awful let's not do that

but the learning that would happen
it'd be worth

I have no idea what i'm gonna put as mine.

Have any recommendations ?

no because we'd all die and then learning would stop

is fine
genes will find a way, we'd never all die

mmm. christmassy stuff. snowy stuff. its basically december ! gotta be on theme !!

Bitch did I say those 4(3) forces controlling everything was absolute? I said it was no reason to assume our assumptions of gravity as a force are false. Especially not to the point of being irrelevant.

What am saying is that it holds completely true for literally anything we have gotten within several billion kilometers of. Trying to claim it's "falling out of use", is "outdated" or is in any way inaccurate in a practical sense is nothing but psuedointellectual tripe.

Because I was trying to figure out what the literal fuck you were saying when you claimed gravity was different on different planets. What the fuck else could you be referring to?

far too wreckless, as long as we are all stuck on earth we could all be wiped out at once, instantly, that's just the dice we have to play with till we find a habitable planet, if that ever even happens and if we can ever even get there

Now, weight and mass are linked in the following way: the weight is obtained by multiplying the mass by the value of the gravitational acceleration. That means that for an object of a given mass, the stronger the gravitational attraction, the larger its weight (this is why objects weigh 6 times more on Earth than on the Moon, and weigh nothing in empty space). On Earth we know the value of the gravitational attraction, so a measure of the weight (which is what a regular scale measures) gives us directly the mass. This is why in the common language weight and mass are often confused. But it space it makes a big difference. Objects can have a large mass, but weigh nothing.

on another planet we wouldn't be as experienced with the gravitational attraction

literally a non-calc astro will tell you gravity is bork
dunno what to say

you're the kinda guy who wouldn't fire upon an alien vessel when you see it, huh?

I know what weight is you fucking dipshit. That doesn't mean gravity is functioning any different.

Sure they will buddy.

I might be a rebel and put something Halloween related up.

Thats my favorite time of the year.

it means gravity functions differently literally everywhere but here

Are you...
Are you actually fucking retarded?
What the fuck?

Fire on sight seems a little much, but war would be pretty fast with advanced lifeforms, fight or die

i can see where you come from

you wanna try to string together a sentence there again

you know every year i try to like. enjoy halloween. i've tried going out with people, watching spooky movies, handing out candy, dressing up.

none of it really feels like a fun holiday to me :( which really stinks !! why would i not want to enjoy something...

grrrrr. maybe i dont have the halloween spirit...

No
No I don't
You've done it bad dog, you've broken the retard barrier.

Please, go retake fucking highschool physics.

fire on sight or die
prisoner's dilemma in a much prettier skin

oh it makes sense now
literally everything in highschool physics sans the speed of light is a lie, it's just 'close enough'

holy shit, this guy thinks high school physics is going to properly teach me about gravity

just like middle school history class told me the founding fathers were a bunch of christians

I like it because Sep and Oct are the months I stop being super busy and can finally just relax.

It also gets nice and cool outside which is nice.

i like you

Considering you apparently don't understand how the fuck gravity affects weight, yes, it will.

we'll see how long it takes for me to fix that

Nigger he legitimately thinks that gravity is functioning differently on the moon than it is on earth. That is beyond fucking retarded.

I think you two make the perfect couple.

yeah aside from the BIG spooky holiday its a nice time. december will always be my favorite though. september to january is the best time of year for me !

that seemed like the thing you didn't understand

ph man this is good, keep going

This is where I refer you to and laugh in your face you hyper-retard.

I'll pretend like you aren't insulting both of us

yes because it does

Guys, I just heard this weird and unearthly retard wailing in the distance

It's like someone broke the retard barrier??

But high school science class told me that was impossible

why the fuck would gravity not work differently in a place where there is less of it??

Are you not into spooky stuff ?

You don't have to pretend.

ty high school

gyazo.com/54e0c902531eb4508997def208acf43d.png
gametheory.net/Mike/applets/PDilemma/Pdilemma.html

"who are you shitposting for anyways"

I don't represent the republican party or the democrat party, I represent the gangsta party

That's not working differently you colossal fucking dipshit.

no i am ! i love horror films and going into haunted houses ! i loooooove being scared. when we went to the big spooky at the theme park this year i lead the group in every house. i jumped and screamed so much omg i loved it.

so actually wait. i guess i did enjoy halloween. just not the specific HALLOWEEN day. bc we went on a different day.

and who do you think funds the gangster party so they can get hookers and blow

What is "They"? Is swearing supposed to make you sound less dumb or something.

oh you said that's sorry my eyes are bleary from laughing so hard, yes, it is working differently

for every object that exists you have to individually calculate its gravity and how it will affect everything around it

I haven't done to enough haunted house in my life but I wanna go to more.

Horror movies are by far my favorite type of movie though.

Mostly ones about the world ending for X reason

Which is not "functioning differently" at fucking all.

You are, without a doubt, the most retarded individual I have ever fucking met.

it's a snoop dogg lyric u dip

Didn't you know those are lil yachty lyrics? dip

That is a false statement, an entirely wrong, changing the mass changes the gravity which changes all of the equations, and if we are getting fly-bys of earth wrong, which was linked here

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyby_anomaly

then we don't understand it

no amount of calling me retarded is going to make you understand the situation better

I'm prejudiced against any rapper with "lil" in their name

my favorite horror movies might be.

either super duper gory blood fests. orrrr.

things that dont make any sense and are just nasty stinky smelly gross what is going on !!!!!!!!!

when we were getting ready for haunted houses i was like. im gonna hate this. no way am i leading the group.
but then i was sort of forced into leading and i loved having the pants scared off me !! i was having so much fun omg. i cant wait to go again next year !!!!!

That is still the force functioning the same though. Matter is still attracting matter in exactly the same way it always is. You have different calculations but it functions identically. If you genuinely think it's just "working differently" you have fucking brain damage.

I refer you to

I know lil pump said that

I had a friend who worked at one.

He got paid to run around and scream at people pretty much.

Sounds like an awesome job

Newtonian physics is fundamentally incorrect and has been replaced, it's only practiced by most people because most people don't need more exact measurements, your ad-hominems change nothing and only feed me

i wanna get paid to get spooked ! and also paid to spook others !!

SPOOKY SCARE SPOOOOOK !!!!!

keep in mind this is specifically for things regarding non-earthly matters

Feeding on hot, gooey ink

I'm sure you could fine a job for it next year.

This is completely and utterly incorrect for literally any practical application, which was my fucking point.

more than likely. i need to find a job now though !!

Not at all. Relativity is measured within atmospheric flights and the orbit of Mercury. These are two very relevant and practical situations where the failure of Newtonian physics could be catastrophic.

Not true, we don't use classical mechanics for a lot of the things me and Dusty were discussing, which is why we were talking about other ways to measure it.

Unless you are saying that nothing we do in space is practical?

i apologize for even getting you dragged back into it

i think we should just let squid continue to live as a meme

I was lifeguarding and teaching swim lessons for awhile.

It was a pretty fun job.

there was a greentext story about a guy who got a job teaching young kids how to swim recently

I mostly taught adults and teenagers.

ooooo miss water professional !

ive had friends who did seasonal lifeguarding.
i dont think i could do it.

i dont like the sun is the biggest thing...

Shit, you're right, my original point was about 'gravity' becoming obsolete, which is still a ridiculous claim even from that standpoint.

I'm sorry, talking to the black hole of intelligence was slowly breaking me.

yea i wasnt really sure where i was going with this, it was just someones erotic fiction anyways you could tell by the way it was written

Erotic fiction where an Australian meme squid has tentacle sex a wild bad dog all night

🤔

Gravity is obsolete in it's classical definition, see, science likes to do this thing called "updating" terms. To clarify on previous mistakes. Sorry if you got all bent out of shape on it like I did earlier, but eventually I attempted to crawl out of my own asshole and discuss the point I originally wanted to make.

That sun is pretty gay.

I can understand why you would hate it.

So you can do that any time.

Punctuation.

oh god i don't want to fuck onion-san

I am not going to continue attempting to converse with you on this.

who dat

especially in a super sunny state !! ITS HOT AND HUMID AND NASTY OUTSIDE !!!!

Have a meme, dip.

Onion-san! Onion-san ya hear!

do you know of any variants of drake equations that account for dyson spheres

it's a meme u dip
it's a meme u dip
it's a meme u dip
it's a meme u dip
it's a meme u dip
it's a meme u dip
it's a meme u dip
it's a meme u dip

What state is that ?

I was born in Texas but now I live in California.

Oh I remember now

Dyson spheres are extremely impractical to build, we wouldn't know enough to make a model like that so it wouldn't exist and if someone has one it's worthless

but for funsies
dyson sphers are cool
also impractical, but if you had some god material it could all be worth

how would you factor dyson spheres into an equation for finding life on planets when you can't even find a single planet with a dyson sphere on it, confirmed?

just asking

fffllORIDA

ive been to san diego. this summer actually. was my first time ever travelling on my own ! i spent a lot of money on food. good time. i had to stop in austin tx for about an hour and then flew from there to san DIEGO

My sister lives in Austin.

Why did you come all the way to san diego ?

There's nothing impractical about proper dyson (swarm) spheres.

i had some buddies i knew from a couple years ago that i talk to off and on. i wanted to travel but wasnt sure where and they were like hey. come on over. i went to socals big fighting game weekly, ate a lotta food saw some cool SAN DIEGAN sights. fun time all around. cost me a lot of money and i still am not 100% sure it was worth it but whats been has been done !!

well if there's a dyson sphere on a star, we would need to see the star's gravitational pull on something to notice it
so there's likely more stars than originally expected
in addition
a dyson sphere owning civilization could be assumed to be capable of creating more dyson spheres, as well as possibly fighting themselves interstellarly
this doesn't change the base equation I don't think, but could really fuck up some of the numbers for the optimistic guesses, since if a civilization lives for a couple million years it'd probably be at least capable of creating a dyson sphere

ok now its my turn to say what

I went to Florida one time to meet some of my friends.

We got inside these giant balls that floated on the water and ran around like hamsters.

It was pretty fun

The way we look for possible dyson spheres is by using the light that is blocked from potential objects passing in front of the star, not gravitational pull.

I mean the general idea is that A) dyson spheres wouldn't be completely devoid of any significant form of radiation because that's practically impossible, and B) anybody who builds one will probably wind up building more than one, and then we get the "why can't see see galaxies half blotted with spheres" question.

You've not seen Isaac Arthur's stuff on it with him getting linked a bunch a while back here? His arguments on it seem fairly sound.

I rambled
but a dyson sphere would encompass the entirety of the star, no?
leaving light unreliable as a way to detect the star

ive always wanted to do that !! aaaa

a nice thing to do thats sort of ? close to me. its about 45 min. is this really nice and cool lazy river that is pretty long. its super duper cozy and goes by a lot of really cool lookin natury stuff. the fishies are fun to look at too !! the first time i did it i was a bit scared to let my feet dangle in the water but.. i got used to fishies swimming by me on occasion ! its really cool.

Every time I float down a river like that I get SUPPPPEr sunburned.

Its fun though

i dont feel like it would be possible to completely circle the star

would this even be necessary?? what could you possibly need all the energy from a star for, you only need a very small portion of the total output to do almost anything

the possibility is iffy, limited material strength and the ability to gather enough material

the main advantage, beyond the enormous energy output, is that you can live on it

i dont burn too easily and i also try to use sunscreen ! so usually im okay. there was one time i stayed with a friends family at their beach house and i couldnt move when i got home bc of how badly burnt i was.

i really dont like the beach these days. i avoid it when possible.

ive seen the specials on those giant fucking balls that have like columns in them that spin and generate centricfical force, looks very very unlikely but ideas like that have been in webcomics and things of that nature for a while, have you ever read something called Schlock Mercenary? its a series i highly recommend

Visible light, sure. Not all light. Entropy, bruh.

i've not
the basic idea is you build the sphere at 1AU for your planet, and then gravity on the entirety of the sphere is the same as it was on your home planet

I live on the beach and I never go to it anymore.

I used to surf but my dad broke 3 surfboards last month trying to do god knows what.

Still haven't gotten a new one.

also sharks

the material requirement is just too damn high

4u

three THREE ???
threee SURFBOARDS IN ONE MONTH ????

h o w.
what r u doin dad !!!!

I really have no idea how he did it three times in one month.

Maybe he was trying to do some sick tricks.

Hes not that good though

it doesn't seem like a reasonable course of action either, why would you even want to construct something like that?

yea it could potentially shield against things like gamma ray bursts from other locations but is that really worth the investment?

there was this part in a book series I was reading called The Long Earth where this alien species accelerated earth's rotation by shooting material at it from the moon at an angle, and then used the increased acceleration to strip the earth in sections, like cutting a fucking cake

lebensraum

Why not just colonize other planets that are already there? i guess that takes faster than light travel which we do not have, but it still doesn't demonstrate why they would wrap the ENTIRE star

are you good at surfing ?

I don't do it enough to be good.

I can do it though

lebensraum (1 earth)=~2x10^8 mi^2
lebensraum (1 dyson sphere @ 1 AU)=~4pi(AU)^2=~1x10^17 mi^2
that's a lot of orders of magnitude
and a lot of fucking habitable planets to find and travel to

but you don't need that much space to fill up, is that really what we should want to do? fill up space?

teach me to be a tuff surfer girl like u uuuuu !!!

actually. mm. idk if i wanna surf. nevermind. teach me something else !

Here I'll teach you something i'm a boy

No, don't ruin it
what have you done

???

hmmm. i dunno about that one..

You should know though.

i mean. i think i already knew but.

thats no fun. unless you want me to call you a boy ?

Don't listen to his lies, green bean. He's definitely a grill.

Call me Snake.

Because i'm an edgy gang member.

it is not about what you want to do
it is about what you can do

hmmmmmm..... im not a big fan of snake ? its okay but. i think we can do better !

how about. ferret. no. uh.

kale bc ur delicious and have a lot of nutrients.
orrrrrrrr
jelly bc ur sweet
nah jelly doesnt roll off the tongue. and i dont like jelly.

how abouuuutttt

omg mouse 🐁
is this name used. if not i think it would be good !!!!

maybe but i still don't think a full dyson sphere is the way to go or very likely, we might find out some day

You cheated and looked at my steam name.

isnt your steam name nezumi ? im on mobile rn so i wouldnt have a reason to open steam at the moment

My name on everything is Nezumi.

is that somehow related to mouse ? im a bit confused...

meaning "rat" or "mouse" Nezumi Kozō was the nickname of a thief in the 19th century. Previous name of Yuuki Matsuda.

wow. i honestly had zero clue.

i think that means im gonna call u mouse then. maybe. idk what do u think ?

You can call me whatever you want.

Did you update your list ?

no but i can ! ive just been busy for the past lil bit.

mousey. mmmm. idk. im still feeling out a name.
paw
im gonna search for some cute names and also update my list

Everyone here knows me as "Ban"

yeah but i dont wanna call u ban.
ill come up with something good !

I'm interested to see what you come up with.

new

new