Daily News Thread 7/31

Scaramucci Resigns as Trump media chief after 10 days

White House communications chief Anthony Scaramucci removed from post after 10 days, US media report
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40782299

WikiLeaks publishes searchable archive of Macron campaign emails

WikiLeaks said on Monday it had published a searchable archive of what it said was more than 21,000 verified emails associated with key figures in the election campaign of French President Emmanuel Macron.
reuters.com/article/us-france-politics-wikileaks-idUSKBN1AG1TZ

Over 8 Million Vote in Venezuela's National Constituent Assembly Election

The National Electoral Council announced that voter turnout for the National Constituent Assembly was over 41 percent.
telesurtv.net/english/news/Over-8-Million-Vote-in-Venezuelas-National-Constituent-Assembly-Election-20170730-0040.html

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie confronts heckler

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has angrily confronted a heckler during a baseball game in Wisconsin.
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40780651

Mike Pence reassures Baltic states over Russia 'threat'

US Vice-President Mike Pence has reaffirmed Washington's commitment to the security of the Baltic states if they face any aggression from Russia.
bbc.com/news/world-europe-40779184

Olympic Games: Los Angeles set to announce it will host in 2028

Los Angeles is set to announce it will host the 2028 Olympic Games, meaning Paris will stage the 2024 edition.
bbc.com/sport/olympics/40783315

China hits back at Trump criticism over North Korea

China hit back on Monday after U.S. President Donald Trump tweeted he was "very disappointed" in China following Pyongyang's latest missile test, saying the problem did not arise in China and that all sides need to work for a solution.
reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-idUSKBN1AG04F

Amid Brexit squabbling, PM May's spokesman says EU free movement to end in 2019

The automatic right of European Union citizens to live and work in Britain will end in March 2019 with Brexit, Prime Minister Theresa May's spokesman said on Monday, after her ministers publicly differed over the shape of the divorce with the EU.
reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-may-idUSKBN1AG16X

Attempt to prosecute Tony Blair over Iraq War blocked by High Court

Former chief of staff for the Iraqi army hoped former PM would face charges of "aggression".
ibtimes.co.uk/attempt-prosecute-tony-blair-over-iraq-war-blocked-by-high-court-1632749

Berlin calls for retaliation against 'illegal' US sanctions on Russia

New penalties against Moscow proposed by US lawmakers violate international law and officials in Brussels should consider countermeasures, the German economy minister said on Monday.
rt.com/business/398065-germany-us-eu-russia-sanctions/

‘Declaration of war:’ Hajj controversy widens row between Saudi Arabia & Qatar

The feud between the Saudi-led block and Qatar escalated over the weekend, with Doha protesting to the UN over restrictions on its citizens flying to Mecca, and Riyadh threatening "war" over what it considers calls to “internationalize the holy sites” in Mecca and Medina.
rt.com/news/398027-qatar-hajj-saudi-restrictions-war/

Ex-Sheriff Joe Arpaio found guilty of contempt for targeting immigrants

A federal judge has found former Maricopa County, Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio guilty of criminal contempt of court, for refusing a 2011 court order to stop targeting immigrants.
rt.com/usa/398122-sheriff-arpaio-guilty-court/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YADEfJofYgw
jacobinmag.com/2016/12/trump-kelly-homeland-security-southcom-colombia-honduras/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_McAuliffe
uk.reuters.com/article/uk-europe-migrants-farright-cyprus-idUKKBN1AC1ZX
local10.com/news/international/venezuela-vote-count-manipulated-smartmatic-ceo-says
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Some of these headlines are downright masturbatory

thank you very much newsanon

hahahahahahaha holy shit is this ship god damn sinking

Who's going to even be in this Administration in a year, a new generation of staff 4 times over?

In a rush and can't do an OP/ED right now but please discuss the meltdown that is Scaramucci's resignation. I want to have a full thread to laugh at when I get back.

Wait, so let me get this straight

Does that mean Priebus was fired for literally no goddamn reason?

Lmao, I hope to God that the faggot who keeps posting the "Trump is here for the next 8 years" thread is reading this and having a panic attack. How long before Trump resigns? I'm almost 100% certain that Trump will not last 4 years.

Yes. Rip in piece Reince Pubis

Rip in piece Scaramucci

Casualties in a war against Washington DC pizza imperialism

Change his god damn name to Ten-Days-Anthony

TYBNewsAnon2.0
HAHAHAHA

So what happened to the last media chief?

Sacked I think. I forgot.

this is what winning looks like, c-cucks!

Holy shit every day this administration proves that voting for Trump was the best possible choice for delegitimizing the American government

SCREW THE MOOCH
ACCELERATE

Another day, another batch of yankee humiliation.
Where did everything go so right?

not a bad thing imo
maybe Bannon will be able to regain some of his old influence

I could see Trump just flat out abandoning his post because he was bored at this point.

I don't know if Scaramucci's ouster is the sign of doom or disorder for the administration some seem to think it is. It doesn't look great, but the guy certainly wasn't doing anything to improve the administration's image with some of his antics. We will have to see who his replacement will be, but I suspect getting him out could be a sign that Kelly is trying to impose some sense of order and stability in the White House.

People said accelerationism was wrong, people said accelerationists were crazy

Well, who's laughing now fuckers?

Trumpism is dying. Didn't even last a year. Sad!

delete this

This is art.

Holy shit Trump

How many levels of irony is this on?

Trump can't stop LOSING

What's art is the right's endless spergrage after knowing their hero isn't who he says he is.

Memed out of office in record time

Anyone watching the White House briefing right now? The US is about to intervene on this Venezuela shit.

link link link

youtube.com/watch?v=YADEfJofYgw

holy fuck. did anyone catch that based reporter ask where was all this for Erdogan and Turkey when he had that bullshit power grab

No surprise that Trump is going after Venezuela just days after Kelly took over

jacobinmag.com/2016/12/trump-kelly-homeland-security-southcom-colombia-honduras/

Wonder which dictator they're gonna install this time. Do you think they'll bring in Molyneux to redesign the economy? Looks like it's gonna need a real miracle.

Trump is going to pardon him, mark my words, I will bet someone $100 on this. Fucking swine.

I live in Maricopa.

The thought of this scumbag getting off the hook for the decades of misery he put my community through makes me want to vomit.

I'm starting to think Trump is not going to fire Sessions now to try to save face

There are three ways that Donald Trump could be removed.
1) Military coup
2) Republicans in Congress flip on him
3) The people rise up

First thing he does is give the military $54bn that they didn't ask for, and appoints a shitload of generals to the cabinet. That takes care of #1.

Then he appoints Reince Priebus as Chief of Staff, and takes up the healthcare repeal, to try and pacify the Congressional Republicans.

And he doesn't realistically have to worry about the third, because all of his fucking MAGA chud supporters are the ones with the guns, and they worship him like some kind of fucking retard idol.

So he replaced Priebus with a general. Let's think about what that means in the context of the threats to his power. If he feels confident enough to get rid of Priebus right when Congressional Republicans are failing on the one fucking thing he gave them, that must mean that either he's punishing them for failure (possible) or he knows they're so cucked that they won't turn on him (pretty likely) and thus are no longer a threat.

And he appointed a general to replace him either to reward the military for not turning on him already (likely) or because he's afraid that they're about to run his ass out, and he's trying to pacify them (possible).

Scaramucci was just the shiny distraction to dangle in front of the media and go "LOOK, HE SAYS STEVE BANNON SUCKS HIS OWN COCK! PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE ACTUAL THREAT OF A COUP!"

Very nice analysis.

But what motive would the military have for getting him out? As long as they get to keep bombing places, it makes no difference to them who's in charge.

It doesn't make any sense because there is no significant political faction in the US that is even nominally against imperialism.

I do as well, comrade. We will have to organize something if this happens, are you in the DSA Phoenix chapter yet?

Embarrassment. Lots of pride in higher up US military circles, they don't like us being laughed at. Also, corporations with overseas production would support the military over Trump because Trump is for tariffs.

It's a strange feeling where I prefer the US military over the president.

With all honesty, I actually do trust Jim Mattis.

Drumpf is le Manchurian candidate, right tovarishch? xD

It would be a nightmare. If nation building in the middle east has proven anything it is that the US military is terrible at literally anything that doesn't involve dropping bombs.

Good analysis, user.

I do wonder how the relationships between Trump and the other factions will change over time. I don't expect the military to rise against him - if that was even a possibility he'd give them whatever they wanted to keep off his ass until his term ends, though the congress could feasibly try to impeach and Pence him if they thought Paul Ryan could end up with the job. Still though, the damage from impeaching your own party's president is probably more than even the most bitter establishment republicans want to endure.

Yeah man, I dunno, the more I think about it the more solid Trump's current position seems. I think the dems could probably beat him in another election, but watch as the dems, once again confident in their polling numbers and by this time fully engorged on the Russia narrative, run Tim Kaine or some other shill in 2020 and lose it again.

The wildcard I see as a possibility is a significant market crash, which is probably more likely than not at this point. That could potentially get people pissed enough to demand some major shakeup, but we'll see what that looks like when it happens.

In any case, stay safe comrades.

Nah, Kaine was only given the VP nod in 2016 to get him out of his spot as DNC chair. He played it level in 2008 and Hillary lost, so she wasn't about to take that risk again.

You're in the right state though. Watch McAuliffe run.

Damn dude, this guy wasn't even on my radar until now, but after reading his wikipedia entry I wouldn't at all be surprised if they run this guy in 2020.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_McAuliffe

Fuuuuuuuuck meeeeeeee. They're totally going to run this guy.

If they do run him, they've basically given up on the youth vote.

This guy is pure porky and he's not afraid to show it.

Come to think of it, they'd also be risking the union vote.

Who the fuck are the Democrats' base anymore? Middle-aged minorities?

Trump probably things constantly bleeding staff is a good thing, because it shows he demands a high caliber of staff

But he keeps fucking losing people anyways

When will he get that, "Higher caliber he expects and deserves," by the fucking end of his term? How many people can this guy go through without even the US government, incompetent as it is, saying fuck off dude this is your 18th press secretary

everything is fine guys. everything's great.

And the guy that's taking his spot in the Governor's Mansion is Ralph Northam - a guy who admits he voted for W twice, almost switched parties to become a Republican in the state Senate, is for the construction of the two fucking fracked gas pipelines they wanna run through Virginia, and has absolutely no message except "The other candidate is literally Trump."

He's the kind of person whose ship would be sinking and he'd tell everyone it's okay, they can afford to take on so much water.

I mean for all he knows this is a great day at the white house, everything so far this administration has been fubar

"Nation building" is just establishing a proxy military and political apparatus that keeps resources flowing to the economic center. Never forget that they accomplished all that they set out to do. Making the places that they conquered better was never on the agenda.

They actually invested a fortune in nation building activities such as infrastructure, but I think most of it was stolen or wasted. Of course their main interests aren't nation building, but the US does actually try, and fail, to do that shit.

damn I was looking forward to more Samurai Jack jokes
Heh, if we focus on this maybe people what a complete polesmoker he is at actual governance, let the spectable commence!
Russian asspuppet's asspuppet assures Baltic states Russia isn't a threat
great LA will become even more full of shit
oh boy the latest thing for Holla Forums to dogwhistle at us about because they think we're libturds
imagine my shock
they should be internationalized tbh
wow what a really hard slap on the wrist, I guess we should stop hating his faggot ass now

suicided

Either he's taking a stern defensive posture minimize damage or then he's so out-of-the-loop or saturated by bad news that a day such as this seems like a great one.
I'm not personally quite certain which eventuality is preferable, good or bad. Him being completely clueless and demented or conniving while executing deceitful damage-control?

I'm no Brit. Hell, English isn't even my first language, it's my third. I'll pay close attention on using that word correctly from now on nonetheless. Thank you.

They needed to get the essentials moving again, otherwise the insurgency would have been unmanagable. The local state has to be functional for it to be an effective proxy, but that is all. It would not be in the interests of the occupiers for Iraq to become a fully industrialized society.

They learned from their mistakes. Compare what "nation building" looked like in Iraq with what it looked like in post-war Japan. Japan was a smoking crater at the end of the war, but the rebuilding project there was highly effective. In twenty years, Japan was a major economic power in Asia again–a competitor rather than a resource extraction node. That did not benefit the American ruling class. They are treating Iraq differently. They do just enough that its proxy government will survive but not so much that it will become an independent economic power, which it could very well be without interference.

I was thinking more so about Afghanistan, but you're right they'd never want to create a rival.

I'll take you up on your it. It ain't happening cause Trump has too many fires to put out, plus Apraio is so hated it would cause a shit storm if pardoned.

Trumps not dumb, there's nothing for him to gain by pardoning Arpaio. Arpaio is bleeding into the water and Trump is famous for leaving his disempowered allies to the wolves.

Can you please spoiler stuff like that in the future

pussy

I'm disappointed only because Mooch brought so many lulz. But those who burn the brightest burn the shortest, as they say.

No he's not. Scaramucci's meltdown was a 100% genuine fuck up on Trumps part.

I think you underestimate the military, yes they can be bought off, but if your are in such a compromised position that you have to throw cash at them just to keep them off your ass, why wouldn't they just go for the jugular anyway.

Trumps is melting down. I think it's debatable if he is ultimately removed from office. But not because he's deftly making moves in the shadows. But because after 50 years of neoliberalism the bourgeois is so entrenched that they can afford to let the facade democracy fall.

=8 MORE YEARS CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK =
this is a joke

Reported

Okay.

The user I was responding to said Scaramucci's hiring and firing was a faint. It wasn't, Trump is infamous for hiring based on his feels exclusively.

C'mon now.

Godspeed, you stereotypical Italian son of a bitch.

possible scaramucci replacements:
1.) tila tequila
2.) my coke dealer from high school
3.) pizza rat

Hoochie had a coke dealer, that explains a lot honestly.

Unironically it does

Fuckin' namefags

If our president did it, why couldn't little old me?

Is there a website tracking all of Trump's fuckups and absurdities like lifting taxes on tanning beds? Or at least his broken promises?

MUH DIIIIIIIIIIIICK
It's not an execution by lynch mob, but it's better than nothing.

If the media hadn't lied its way into political irrelevance, they could have created support for impeachment by now, and if that happened the Republican congress would flip, no question.

Son if you haven't had a coke dealer at some point u haven't left your moms basement
Welcome to the real world

I think Vice has been keeping track

You lefty pol fuckers are reaching Hillary tards level of delusion.
What are you going to impeach trump for?
Firing his wop press sectary?….

Dr. Pavel….

Not with the Putin bullshit on it.

go back from whence you came

You could start with the first war crime he committed when he got into office. Or how about his failure to divest his holdings.

Oh no not a war crime, obama and bush never did any of those !
seriously you faggots, enjoy 4 years

All americans are yanks.

We'll give you two.

Right wing media is such a joke

saved

WEW. I need someone to make a before and after compilation meme with these.

WEW. I need someone to make a before and after compilation meme with these.>>1922771

right wing group Identity Europa caught human trafficking 20 Sri Lankans in Northern Cyprus

uk.reuters.com/article/uk-europe-migrants-farright-cyprus-idUKKBN1AC1ZX

LOL

You're a big guy

>>>Holla Forums

Yuppies and suburban professionals now
Shit tbh

And all slavs are serbs

Just like all Europeans are Germans :^)

Lol

Venezuela vote count manipulated, Smartmatic CEO says

local10.com/news/international/venezuela-vote-count-manipulated-smartmatic-ceo-says

hmm

I WONDER who is behind that article…

hmmmmmmmm