Why is this board so spectacle obsessed?

Why is this board so spectacle obsessed?

I mean, most of you guys aren't trying to become anime girls but at this rate that's where all of you will end up.

huh?

what did he mean by this

How? Please OP?

That's where you're wrong buddy, I'm already on the hormones.

Did you just assume OP's gender you sinner?

On boards where modern conditions of shitposting prevail threads present themselves as an accumulation of spectacles.

This
OP Wtf are you talking about?

Why do you care?

Research in Britain has shown people spend about 4 minutes a week thinking about politics on average.
Just because you can doesn't mean you do.

This but unapologetically tbh

Are you implying the users of a niche leftist politics board think about politics roughly the same as the average person in Britain you fucking retard

who dis?

I spend 12 hours thinking about politics where most proles are smart enough to only spend 90 minutes on football.

I'm implying GMIL is making disingenuous implications. The comic refers to a general case and it does so poorly.

It's the snappy "communists have phones!" joke of the left.

It's literally two leftists talking to each other though.

I'm pretty sure it's making fun of the people on the left who always go on about muh spectacle.

You aren't smart enough to get such a simple political comic, it seems.

are any of those 12 hours dedicated to reading books and not "thinking" or arguing about politics online?

One says "the working class!", the person didn't just defend themselves but an entire class. Even if we infer they are a leftist, they're wrong about the class.

It is, but the point that "the working class can think about more than one thing" is irrelevant nonsense. On a class level, they are distracted. Pointing it out on an individual level is meanless liberalism, but it doesn't change that the distraction manufacturers have outright quantified the level of distraction in the atmosphere.

At least I'm not as much of a cunt as you are, cuntnose.

Books, but books about electoral politics or modern history.
the intended implication was that it was an even bigger waste of time, essentially just a stupider distraction.
There's no thought involved in arguing about politics online. Take information from the past and throw it at people, or better yet don't even type anything beyond "Read this pdf."

How about the argument that you're giving money to an organization you supposedly hate so you can watch some fuccboi's kicking a ball around and that is a form of direct support you dumb cunt?

Don't bother comrade, GMiL and the people who post it are literally psyops.

You don't need to pay money to watch games.

You can have interests and hobbies, but that doesn't mean those interests and hobbies aren't used to distract and sedate the masses. Shit, you probably only have them in the first place to distract and sedate yourself.

Consumer activism is essentially meaningless. If you want to make a point, break something.
Plus if you watch it on TV they've already been paid for the ads.

Every time.

Quit posting your shitty comic here, fag.

Take your rational expectations and shove them up your arse, Friedman.

what a surprise

Great responses, as expected of no-book tankies.

If by "leftcoms" you mean right wing trolls trying to spread defeatism, nihilism, sectarianism, inactivity, and more participation in capitalism / the spectacle among leftists then sure.

The price for the advertising slot was based on forecasted viewership and you played right into their hands faggot. But of course you probably don't care because "muh individual choices don't matter" according to postmodernist retards like you.

Take your rational expectations and shove them up your arse, lifestylist.
The advertisement was based on forecasted impact on sales, by the very same logic so long as you make a conscious note not to buy the product or talk about the product, or indeed the advert then that forecast was misguided, and it's all okay in the end.

advertising is still a special evil.

m8 I think the only spectacle obsession here is with fucking e-celebs, so things could be worse

This is fucking pathetic.

m-m-muh sectarianism

grow a thicker skin, faggot

You don't understand what rational expectation theory is. Read a book.

That's cute. Die.

After you, Minister.

Okay, your turn.

The New Hope For Britain - Labour's manifesto 1983 By The Labour Party
A Journey By Anthony Charles Lynton Blair
The Great Gatsby By F. Scott Fitzgerald
A Flow-of-Funds Perspective on the Financial Crisis Volume I: Money, Credit and Sectoral Balance Sheets By Bernard Winkler, Ad Van Riet and Peter Bull.
What do people do all day? By Richard Scarry

Is this what the kids call "trolling?"

4/5 of them are currently on my hard drive. Great Gatsby is a physical book.

it's called a joke, I mean for fuck sakes I'm replying to an image of Justin fucking Liberal party fucking son of Mr. Watchme fucking Castro True-Doe.

WHY ISN'T THE GENERAL THEORY AT THE TOP?

TIME TO DIE NEOCLASSICAL SCUM

Like Capital, nobody actually reads The General Theory.
Actually a substantial part of the development of 20th century economics can be surmised "Nobody reads the general theory, the one guy who does other than Keynes misinterprets it and gives us Bastard Keynesianism, then apologises for it after the whole house of cards falls down. Meanwhile a war happens and Keynes works himself to death"

Do have a PDF though.