The Outsider's Guide to Survival under Late Capitalism

ITT we share tips and tricks to help us go by as enemies of the wage system: cheap but healthy and filling foods, ways to stave off heat and cold without heating, public transport freeloading, free access to culture, etc.

My advice: A decent rice cooker is around $50 and a 10kg bag of Jasmin rice is around $15. You can survive for a month on a bag and you can make all sorts of delicious recipes with low-grade meat and spices.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=l9O4bCUwfRw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-7nz_c_850w
pirateproxy.cc/torrent/7428185/Low-Cost_Underground_House_Workshop_by_Mike_Oehler
pirateproxy.cc/torrent/7326443/The_Fifty_Dollar_and_Up_Underground_House_Book_-_Mike_Oehler
stw.darknedgy.net/index.php?title=Survive
youtube.com/watch?v=5TEXF4M4WAc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i fucking hate rice after growing up eating it so much so i buy potatoes instead. keep the skin on and its pretty good for you. also a decent emergency blanket is like 30 bucks and is really good for insulating in winter

Most grocers throw out 1-2 day old produce… Why buy?

Pics related, build an earthship.

Special glass provides free heating planting food in any climate, water collecting / filteration system for free water, & solar panels if you want free electricity.

Materials are as cheap as dirt ( with fill the tires with actual dirt ) and most are fanatically environmentally friendly, (excluding perhaphs the wood & clay exterior) and can be really cozy and secluded.

Stop paying for groceries:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=l9O4bCUwfRw
Stop paying for clothing use neodinum magnets:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-7nz_c_850w
Just don't be scared act with confidence.

None of those look like dirt/tires

Or just grab a shovel and dig it yourself.
pirateproxy.cc/torrent/7428185/Low-Cost_Underground_House_Workshop_by_Mike_Oehler
pirateproxy.cc/torrent/7326443/The_Fifty_Dollar_and_Up_Underground_House_Book_-_Mike_Oehler

Get an adblocker against the ads on piratebay if you don have one already, I recommend ublock origin

Third picture utilizes the tires / dirt as steps, but there are many others who use them as walls but coat it in clay afterwords. First pic uses recycled bottles for the huge doorframe and walls which is also common

Or you could also just get a job.(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

oatmeal every morning

Vegan ice cream recipe.

Peel half dozen bananas.
Freeze
Throw in food processor with 1\4 cocoa
Enjoy

postwar fordist keynesian social democracy is over grandpa, you have to learn to live cheaply again if you're a wage labourer cause living costs rise out of the ass while wages don't

Put a wet pillowcase (or similar- nothing as thick as a towel) over the front of your fan during the summer.

Cacio a pepe is a really simple meal that's easy to make and a good way to spice up pasta. It's a good beginner dish for those not good at or not used to cooking.

I love pepper, I should give it a try.

don't buy anything that you don't really need
stop buying books unless you want to support the publisher (small leftist publishing houses for example) and just download them from the Internet, or visit a library
stop taking hot showers - cold showers are cheaper, take less time, and they are believed to have health benefits, from my own experience I can say that they make me feel much better afterwards compared to hot or warm showers
lentils are great, so is buckwheat
and also, grow your food, at least a bit of it, it's cheaper and it tastes better

I've tried taking cold showers but freezing water really feels terrible. Is it a thing you grow accustomed to after a while?

Most lower-class people don't have access to a garden tho.

you can grow some indoors too I guess, and if you have a balcony, then you can grow for example tomatoes there, and also you can grow some herbs like oregano or basil inside, it's better then nothing.

Don't start with freezing water, firstly you could start by taking a normal shower and progressively lower the temperature, so it's not such a shock, you could also try not using the coldest water you've got, but just not warm, and you could also firstly take a normal warm shower, and finish with colder water. By doing that you'll get used to it, but I don't know how cold the water you use it, and so on. But honestly cold, or just not warm, showers are nice in my opinion because I feel better afterwards, I feel energized, I actually feel warm and I just feel good, while after a hot shower I would feel tired, but I wouldn't be able to fall asleep if I had taken it before going to bed, and I would feel bad in general. Plus it saves you water and electricity, since you won't take really long showers as you can do with hot water, but you will do it rather quick.

In some cases, fresh food is not accessible. However, there are many more cases where people can access vegetables, and per unit weight they're some of the most affordable things you can buy, but they lack the time to prepare them.

I have ublock and the pop ups get past it.

Anyone got good diet guides? I eat like shit and have no culinary skills

vegweb is great, has a lot of indian recipes, you can have several days' meal for just a few dollars.

what time is the best to go dumpster diving? i think my friend said they throw shit out around midnight but i'd like to confirm.

frozen vegetables are really good, if you can't buy fresh food and have little time to prepare. They don't lose they values, and they can be prepared quite quickly on a pan, and later you can add some rice or buckwheat to it
it's not expensive, it's tasty and healthy, and pretty quick to prepare, it takes around 20 minutes.

Anybody got resources on dumpster diving?

whole wheat, lean meats, lots of fruits and veggies at the basic. Avoid junkfoods.

These things you don't even have to cook extensively. You have each portion serparately. At most you're boiling, frying, toastin, etc which is extremely simple.

how do you even grow the guts to shoplift?
I would melt under the anxiousness and fear of getting caught.

MODS=GODS

Make your own burgers. 1kg ground beef for twenty burgers is like $10 and around twenty buns is 10$ too. Throw in some cheap sauce, cheese and bacon, and voilà — a $1 burger.

bump

I can second this, rice cooker can prepare rice better than you'll ever be able to, even restaurants use them. I paid for mine just about 20-30 EUR, so it can be even cheaper.

most rice cookers have a place also for steaming vegetables. I usually buy some chicken breasts on weekend, cut them, put some spice on them and put them in the fridge - this way I can prepare fried meat, rice and vegetables for lunch in about 20 minutes, it's tasty, quick and healthy.

any combination of milk and fruits is easily done, fast and healthy.

capping for future coprography.

This wiki has a lot of useful info:
stw.darknedgy.net/index.php?title=Survive

Enjoy your shit nutrition

Don't fall for the slow cooker meme, those actually eat up a lot of electricity and can cost you money. Look for specials and try to get meats for less than $2 a pound, most cheap shot can be made good with marinades and spices. Veggies are cheap but a pain in the ass to process, if you've got a day off try to get them all prepped into salad or ready to throw in with a meal. Go for greek yogurt salad dressings, they may be more expensive but they're less than a third of the calories the mayo dressings are. Plan out your calorie intake for bulking or cutting, if you want a cheat meal offset it by taking in high protein/ low carb and fat meals for the rest of the day.

For me, it takes three days of painful cold showers to grow accustomed to them and take them in my stride. They do actually start feeling amazing and revitalising after a while, at least for me.

Great thread.

My guess is befriend homeless people? Also obviously don't do it unless you're really desperate.

Join a co-operative like the IWW.

rice with different sauces really keeps me alive
and eggs, they're full of necessary nutrients
also sausages and veggies, especially at summer you can get veggies dirt cheap directly from farmers
I usually prepare sausages and rice for a week on my weekends, then just heat it, and eat with some sauce

BTFO

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧vegan🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Can we stop with the LARPing? I bet my fucking ass none of you fuckers actually lives like a crazy survivalist. If you were truly interested in giving advice for people to get by, name cities in several countries that provide cheap affordable housing, reasonable access to consumer goods and a variety of jobs. Or recommend opportunities for further education that grant you entry into job branches that still pay reasonably well without demanding crazy amounts of dedication and qualification. Nobody actually wants to live like Varg, materially and socially, or wants to go dumpster diving like a fucking pig.

can you stop throwing a tantrum?

I dunno, in Siberia maybe?

Eastern Europe is cheap. I doubt many people would feel like moving there though.

I actually don't like people very much and if I had the skills and the means to live isolated all by myself I would do it in a heartbeat not because of ideology or larping or economics but because I envy how Varg lives "socially" speaking.

yeah that'll save you when the system falls and food imports stop

i'm sure nobody else will think of it

last time I checked Moscow had a huge real estate bubble

I didn't know Varg was a survivalist

his ideology might be antithetical to Holla Forums, but he is basically living its wet dream, if only he was a transracial lesbian.

Stop overdramatizing if you want to be taken seriously. Some smaller, medium-sized cities often have a reasonable public construction sector, I personally live in a place with quite high living costs but I know of places where some of my friends live where you can get apartments relatively cheap. On the other hand, Vienna is an example of a European capital city which doesn't have skyrocketing rents, if your first world yuppie ass can't stand living outside of a buzzing stylish city.

He is not that well put through. The dude is so retarded that he wouldn't be accepted in any commune. But yes he is doing fine imho he is smart in that aspect not in anything else. The dude is so deluded with spooks.

why the fuck don't you just say 6
6 is the number you are looking for

enjoy your shit nutrition
youtube.com/watch?v=5TEXF4M4WAc

How did you come to the conclusion that we were survivalists? Getting by isn't easy when you're irregularly employed (be it voluntary or not) so I started this thread to share more-or-less universal tips to avoid relying on too much money. And "go live in that city" or "just get a job" don't exactly fit that definition.

All cities have that problem. I was thinking about more rural areas. Problem is that all developed areas, such as western Europe and cities and high-population-density areas are just more expensive. Moscow would be no exception.
But a piece of land in Hungary would be a lot cheaper than a piece of land in Germany, for example.