Homeless people on the street face a constant stream of cruelty

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/24/beaten-urinated-homeless-people-abused-coffee-shop-london

Do you guys seriously believe this species will ever achieve communism?
Cause I don't.

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalhomeless.org/factsheets/employment.html
uk.businessinsider.com/unemployment-in-the-uk-is-now-so-low-its-in-danger-of-exposing-the-lie-used-to-create-the-numbers-2017-7
mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/homeless-man-left-tears-after-6511648
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

After America collapses the capitalist propaganda will begin to wear off fast

holy shit this is depressing

Communism doesn't require us to all hold hands and sing while we share everything, but it might improve how we deal with each other.

that's not that hard, guaranteed minimum decent living.

these guys are kind of dicks because they wont allow him to give food. but i will readily say i'm not some moralfag i see beggars and pandhandlers in my city asking for change and cash all the time. it's the same people and the even share shifts most of the time at the same street corners. Eventually you realize they aren't "homeless" or any of the sort, they're just con artists scamming people out of their own hard earned money.

I've noticed in my city these types are growing and they are the reason i don't give to anyone anymore at all.

It is worth saying something about the social position of beggars, for when one has consorted with them, and found that they are ordinary human beings, one cannot help being struck by the curious attitude that society takes towards them. People seem to feel that there is some essential difference between beggars and ordinary ‘working’ men. They are a race apart—outcasts, like criminals and prostitutes. Working men ‘work’, beggars do not ‘work’; they are parasites, worthless in their very nature. It is taken for granted that a beggar does not ‘earn’ his living, as a bricklayer or a literary critic ‘earns’ his. He is a mere social excrescence, tolerated because we live in a humane age, but essentially despicable.
Yet if one looks closely one sees that there is no essential difference between a beggar’s livelihood and that of numberless respectable people. Beggars do not work, it is said; but, then, what is work? A navvy works by swinging a pick. An accountant works by adding up figures. A beggar works by standing out of doors in all weathers and getting varicose veins, chronic bronchitis, etc. It is a trade like any other; quite useless, of course—but, then, many reputable trades are quite useless. And as a social type a beggar compares well with scores of others. He is honest compared with the sellers of most patent medicines, high-minded compared with a Sunday newspaper proprietor, amiable compared with a hire-purchase tout—in short, a parasite, but a fairly harmless parasite. He seldom extracts more than a bare living from the community, and, what should justify him according to our ethical ideas, he pays for it over and over in suffering. I do not think there is anything about a beggar that sets him in a different class from other people, or gives most modern men the right to despise him.
Then the question arises, Why are beggars despised?—for they are despised, universally. I believe it is for the simple reason that they fail to earn a decent living. In practice nobody cares whether work is useful or useless, productive or parasitic; the sole thing demanded is that it shall be profitable. In all the modem talk about energy, efficiency, social service and the rest of it, what meaning is there except ‘Get money, get it legally, and get a lot of it’? Money has become the grand test of virtue. By this test beggars fail, and for this they are despised. If one could earn even ten pounds a week at begging, it would become a respectable profession immediately. A beggar, looked at realistically, is simply a businessman, getting his living, like other businessmen, in the way that comes to hand. He has not, more than most modem people, sold his honour; he has merely made the mistake of choosing a trade at which it is impossible to grow rich.

george orwell, down and out in paris and london

So edgy. Really gets the brain rattling

I gave away a total of something like £100 in the one night I slept rough in Oxford. Homeless people are prolly some of the most chill people you'll ever meet. Shame you only really see them when you ain't got nowhere to go and are just aimlessly walking round town.

Shout out to Robert, Phil, the 30-ish mixed race guy, the blonde woman and "Starboy". Gave Robert 60 quid cuz he was drunk, had mental disabilities and wanted a weekly pass to ride The Oxford Tube (coach company) all night to stay off the streets, I gave Phil a half eaten pizza and my still wrapped up kebab, the mixed race guy £20 to sleep at a hostel, the blonde £5 to get something to eat and "Starboy" my last 12 quid cuz he was an obvious crackhead and I really wanted him to fuck off. Thank fuck I ain't gotta live that life day in day out.

PS: Oxford council are a buncha liars. They say they've got some ridiculously low number of rough sleepers like 14 in the whole city but I counted like 6 at the coach station alone.

Tankies can choke on based Orwell's wisdom.

geez man, they have to live off it, of course they will organise. beggars aren't idiots.

“People who dismiss the unemployed and dependent as “parasites” fail to understand economics and parasitism. A successful parasite is one that is not recognized by it’s host, one that can make it’s host work for it without appearing as a burden. Such is the ruling class in a capitalist society.”

Honestly if I don't have any cash or want to give people money I buy them fresh food or supplies they might need (socks, deodorant, baby wipes) or even give them whatever food I have.

yes i'm sure you put a lot of thought and work into coming to this conclusion that is certainly based on hard facts

As far as I can see, there are two options:
1. Grow it on Earth for hundreds of years
2. Establish communism in space

in reality most homeless people are either alcoholics, drug addicts or mentally ill. Anyone can find a job if they look hard enough

nationalhomeless.org/factsheets/employment.html
44% of homeless people have jobs.

If I ever meet you I'm going to bite you to death.
uk.businessinsider.com/unemployment-in-the-uk-is-now-so-low-its-in-danger-of-exposing-the-lie-used-to-create-the-numbers-2017-7

How about human debasement as perfect reason to hate liberals even more?

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/homeless-man-left-tears-after-6511648

Not even a leftypoler and I know even if you can find a job there is still a difference between a job that pays a liveable wage and one that pays minimum wage so okay a troll got it.

Don't worry comrade. Transhumanism will save us all from human nature.

it's literally just an evil God lurking in a future potential well manipulating you to configure itself

People who have their hearts and souls rotten are going to be very unlikely to want to move to a system which aims to decrease unneeded suffering, they actually enjoy being a part of the filth and suffering even if it means they'll get shit too, a sadistic-masochistic feeling, like a devil who enjoys being evil and won't move to heaven if given the chance.

Now what if I told you that more and more people are becoming like this each day?

I pretty much get an erection every time I read anything Orwell wrote.