.independent.co.uk/voices/syria-isis-russia-kurdish-ypg-happening-in-secret-a7857471.html

.independent.co.uk/voices/syria-isis-russia-kurdish-ypg-happening-in-secret-a7857471.html

Kurds are also co-operating with Russia (and therfore presumably Assad) So what are you anti imperialists saying now?

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-russia-syria-idUSKBN1AC1R9
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_naval_facility_in_Tartus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WTF I love Rojava now

Some leftists in Syria playing 4-dimensional chess with two of the largest military powers on earth yet some alt-right kids can't even attend a hoax rally without shooting themselves

Wish I was there tbh. If I didn't have family obligations I would be.

Meh I just think they're extending their time on Rojava which is by all means great.

But in the end we all know EUA or Russia or Syria will size it. It's a matter of power.
Is it possible to have a stateless terrain without some sort of secrecy nowadays?

t. JIDF

The US is already preparing their excuse for freedom bombing Rojava after this is over.

What does Rojava has anyway? what resources? the only way the motherfucking gringos and russia will ignore is if it has nothing of value to them.

that is because russia will not fuck with their political system. all moscow requires from a mid eastern ally is to remain secular.
different story in former eastern bloc countries in europe

What is the general consensus of anarchists on leftypol about the groups associated with Rojava? I might start a thread on it

Russia is less likely to fuck with their political system than the US. Honesty, the more cozy the YPG gets with Assad and Russia, the better. There is nothing worse for Rojava (and for the entire region) to end up as the new FSA being opposed to Assad. The only other power in the region opposed to Assad is Turkey, and Erdogan would rather cut his hand off to support Kurds. In this situation, Rojava will end up like Poland 1939, so Rojava needs to sort out their beef with Assad and cuddle with Russia if they want to have a chance of surviving, and messing up the geopolitical plans of the US for the region in the process.

I'm a newfag btw

reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-russia-syria-idUSKBN1AC1R9

Tankies btfo.

Lurk more

How is this imperialist? I love when people constantly think "tankies BTFO" when they don't even know the basic concepts of what they believe in

quite a lot of articles in one day hmm

Because there is no surer sign of a country that has no real independence than allowing a foreign power to essentially permenantly station troops on its soil. Muh bases is literally the entire basis that tankies use to accuse the YPG of being American proxies.

to be fair, russia is an ally of syria and we are, uh, not.

we want Kurd cum all over our collective faces

The reason why Syria isn't independent is because they are under attack by American imperialism through its proxies, not because of Russia. Please get the equation correct, if there wasn't imperialist aggression there would be no need to have these bases in the first place. It's beyond ridiculous to blame Russia for "imperialism" when they merely secure a countries sovereignty that has no other means of defending itself. If you truly want to argue that Russia is an imperialist actor in Syria you need to show me if there is economic exploitation and polticial undermining of the self-determination of the Syrian people.

This but unfortunatly Kurds aren't attractive in general

Right and the USA is just an "ally" of Japan, South Korea, the Philippines etc. There is no imperial relationship there right?

r-rojava b-btfo guys

Don't be ridiculous, imperialism extends beyond economic exploitation and also includes the domination of a country for strategic purposes. By that logic South Korea, West Germany etc weren't within America's imperial sphere.

this has been happening for a while now

There’s anarchists in the Internation Freedom Battalion which supports Rojava.

doesn't russia have a bunch of syrian debt?

You are moving the goalposts, we're South Korea and West Germany subjects of imperialism? No, they actually have been propped up by the US with a massive net negative. They were imperialist puppets, but not subjugated by imperialism.

And? The existence of debt doesn't constitute imperialism. I doubt that the Russians are getting anything economically out of their endeavor in Syria. Truly, the only thing that could be considered imperialist is the Russian suggestion for a new Syrian constitution. But you gotta be a Phil Greaves tier tank to actually get pissed off about that.

It's pretty clear that a country like South Korea not only lacks political independence, but is a major component of the American imperial machine. To say that it isn't a subject of imperialism is stupid. In fact, by your own rules, the YPG aren't subjects of imperialism either, since the US isn't exploiting them economically. The very worst you can say about them is that they are no less of an American proxy than Assad is a Russian proxy. The difference is that unlike Assad, the YPG often works against the interests of their supposed imperial masters. They collaborate with Russia and Assad and they fight against key American allies like Turkey.

Also this is bullshit since they have plans to build a pipeline in cooperation with Iran.

Well Syria denying the US backed pipeline is more then enough for Russia to be happy.

We invaded Korea and Japan, Russia didn't invade Syria. Fucking kill yourself.

Epic meme.

-sigh-

-sigh-

Meh, if they're killing IS I don't give a fuck. I'm pretty sure it's just all PR honestly.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_naval_facility_in_Tartus
built in 1971, and the new airbases russia is building have 50 year leases,

hmm

Northern Syria has a lot of oil fields that where never extracted for political reasons

We need to critically support the FSA and other US forces against Russian imperialism.

I guess Israel isn't a tool of American imperialism either then? Neither is Saudi Arabia according to you. The US never invaded Chile either, was Pinochet not an American stooge?

Oh but East Germany, Hungary, Poland, etc were all totally not part of the Soviet empire guys I swear.

rojava is a fucking joke literally just a tool of id-pol a bunch of anarkiddies and imperialists

Good?