Bookchin recommendations

Can you guys tell me what's his best or most important book? I've seen the meme and I'm interested in reading one of his works, mostly because of Rojava.

Other urls found in this thread:

cooperativeeconomy.info/could-communal-economy-be-a-distinct-mode-of-production/
libcom.org/library/rojava-fraud-non-existent-social-revolution
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

oh look, shitposters and idiots with no plan are already fucking up the thread because they would rather let Russia or Turkroaches fuck them in the ass

Reading Bookchin will not give an adequate explanation of the happenings in Rojava, however, the Social Ecology and Communalism and The Next Revolution are the two Bookchin works I can suggest.

You can ignore the butthurt tankiddies who will flood the thread with Rojava anal devastation on the basis that the vast majority of their criticisms also apply to Assad, which they generally uncritically support.

after im done with kropotkin im reading the next revolution

hello American-Israeli Imperialist

As you see here, tankiddies cannot and will not apply their own criticisms to their pet neoliberal dictators. A US military base is imperialism, a Russian military base is fantastic anti-imperialism. Americans extracting debt from their pet regimes and profiteering through the sale of arms is imperialism, the Russians doing the same is anti-imperialism. You will not find a criticism of Rojava from tankiddies, you will instead get a wall of "ACKSHUALLY CIA ISRAEL!" and aspergers.

I will take a look at those two then.

What about the "revolution in rojava" one? Is it any good?

retardation knows no limits

This one's a classic. Bookchimperialism.

If you're only going to read one thing, "The Next Revolution" is IMHO the best place to start. It covers a fairly wide range of topics and is pretty accessible and easy to read.

Have you actually ever read that article? Not giving unconditional support to Palestine is not the same thing as supporting Israel or imperialism. You can say both are shit, which in many respects they are.

Talk about projection

Except that's not what he is arguing. Read it again. Bookchin was well known for a being pro-CIA and anti-soviet/marxist.

Fuck off retard.

only in tankie world. The fact that he also criticizes Assad Sr, points out Assad Sr's imperialist ambitions, and points out that the country is ruled by the alawite minority probably makes you all the more butthurt

Literally no u

he's literally telling people to stop attacking Israel and using dumbfuck shill talking points. KYS

No. Israeli whataboutism is always imperialist and has no place in leftist circles. I don't care how jewish you were raised it is unacceptable. People need to learn to despook themselves from ethnic nationalism. Bookchin obvious never did.

Still only in tankie world. Nowhere in that article is bookchin pro-ethnic nationalism, in fact it's dedicated to criticizing it. Truly, tankies suffer from a tremendous case of cognitive dissonance.

This might come as a surprise if you only hang out in your padded internet safe-spaces, but tankie notions of "Imperialism" aren't shared by the rest of the left. The fact that you mob can only ever revert to whinging about the "zionists" anytime some suggests we side with workers or try to build self-determination within communities, instead of various reactionary nationalist bougeouis forces, pretty much shows exactly where your loyalties lie. Hint: it's not to workers. Bookchin, despite all his flaws, is spot on with his analysis here. Siding with reactionary ethno-nationalist forces to get rid of another group of ethno-nationalists never, ever ends well, and using Israel as a scapegoat to divert attention away from the shit being pulled by the region's dictators and theocrats is never, ever going to be part of building a better society. There is without qualification no other issue tankies are more spooked on than this.

If both sides are bad then you should support the one that stands against American imperialism. It's pretty straight forward. Also Israel isn't a legitimate state since it was fabricated by western anglo imperialists.

That's retarded because that would mean supporting the imperialism of it's enemies merely because it's not the US. To actually oppose imperialism means opposing not just the US but any country with imperialist ambitions. This is what I mean when I say tankies suffer from a severe case of cognitive dissonance

Most takes support Rojava.

How did it come to this?

Honestly, my favourite thing about Bookchin is how much they trigger tankie LARPers

This guy gets it

Literally Holla Forums tier.

The GMIL comics were right, tankies really never have read Marx :^)

he wrote a fucking article that was kinda but not really sympathetic to isreal he's basically the 3rd fucking dulles brother

OP a great piece of his to start with is anarchy and organization found on libcom.
Also these:
Communalism, the democratic component of anarchsim
Libertarian municipalism: the politics of social ecology
Were we wrong?
Post-scarcity anarchsim
The next revolution

As an ultra, I agree. Tankies literally have no criticism of Bookchin and Rojava outside of "YOU SUPPORT THE IMPERIALIST ZIONIST ORCS, CHECK YOUR PRIVI.LEGE". LARPing at its finest.

These are all good suggestions. If you want to just dive into the heavy theory, The Ecology of Freedom and Urbanization Without Cities are the best places to start. The Spanish Anarchists is good for learning about Spanish anarchism, obviously, and The Third Revolution is a fantastic set of history books covering the Russian Revolution. Pic related is from Third Revolution

Dauves criticisms are still pretty shit to though tbh. This is the only decent critique I've read and I refuse to stop shilling it cooperativeeconomy.info/could-communal-economy-be-a-distinct-mode-of-production/

Why?
Have you read this one? libcom.org/library/rojava-fraud-non-existent-social-revolution

he's little too friendly with zionists to be /myguy/