Black person living in America during the 50's: I don't feel very safe in this country

wooooooooooooooooooooooah, IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

Other urls found in this thread:

bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/bvvc.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But that's true, black people still aren't safe in America

that's not what the point of the post was.
Is it really? Especially considering all these anti-"idpol" threads that have come about.

Yes? Your point?

It is a strawman, and I bring up the black panthers specifically because they had the correct take on the relevant issues. Do you think we believe that it isn't worth fighting state enforced segregation/oppression?

yes, this is clearly what people on here all believe

oh boy
not before saying so without making it arbitrarily about capitalism is idpol

after seeing some of Holla Forums's hot takes on social issues, yes I'm very inclined to believe it represents a majority of posters positions.

We fight all oppression, retard, starting with the root cause - the material relations that cause those at the top to benefit from oppressing people.

This is a truism for any materialist.

Can you elaborate on your contention with the org and their policies?

Yeah, because they keep shooting each other.

Hello, Reddit.

gr8 thread

I don't have any that I'm aware of, but that wasn't my point; what was, is your contention with other groups. Specifically that redneck revolt thread I browsed a few days ago. Or that r9k thread going on right now, or any thread related to feminism that all just boils down to muh idpol. The only reason you like the BPP was because they universalized the proletariat, not because of them making the struggles of african-american's at that time a social issue that needed to be addressed.

Whatever you say, buddy.

keep going, Holla Forums

This board has a ton of contact with Holla Forums and has an unstated secondary function of deradicalization. Racism itself is idpol and a fully realized anti-idpol position has a full-throated criticism of racist/sexist/etc positions and policies. The fact that not every poster has a well articulated stance on this after being first exposed to anti-idpol ideas (which are incredibly necessary to fight liberalism, mind you), is not a good condemnation of the stance as a whole.

I am pro redneck revolt, but straddling the line of idpol is tricky business when combatting racism from a ostensibly white perspective. The fact that a bunch of people aren't pro redneck revolt immediately when they have nothing to show for their efforts so far isn't indicative of the board's stance as a whole, and even if it was it's worth having a discussion to make sure that their stance is a good one and not just liberal idpol, which is incredibly harmful to minority movements that you claim to support.

Wtf I love identity politics now

bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/bvvc.pdf

Wow new, previously undiscovered crime stats. Worldview upended

my problem is the essentialization of individuals, and groups that this board has. I'm also not the one in favor or injecting idpol everywhere, I'm just laughing (and getting angry) at this boards insane worldview of peoples struggles in day to day life.

You're a piece of shit.

My criticism should actually be more refined. What I'm sick of is this shit boards attempt at calling themselves materialists (or marxists), and then taking a hideous idealist approach when it comes to these issues. Fuck you fake leftists.

and my thread has been bump-locked, amazing moderation, truly :>

If someone hates you because you're black, that's their problem.
If someone has the power to turn that hate into discrimination against you, that's a societal problem.

If on the other hand someone hates you for making shit threads, that's our problem and we need to obtain the power to externalise your brain with a claw hammer.

"we need to obtain power," I guess it's a good thing that all you care about is being able to make people do and think whatever you want.

No wonder your thread got bump locked. What a dishonest reach

How? It was literally in their post.

There is no ideological inconsistency. The problem is societal power. Someone walking around thinking racist thoughts to themselves is harmless, it's only when they have the power to move beyond mere thought into punitive action that it becomes a problem.

except for, you know, that you all like to conveniently define when something is a societal problem, and when it's not. The words you mutter can have power whether you think so or not, and the analysis of the individual and their psyche is just as important as the societal forces at play.

can you repeat the question

Hol up lemme try…*taps wand* SHITPOSTRECO EVANESCO

The question was how primal Holla Forums's analysis of social issues is when they take an idealist standpoint. I said individuals are built to be the sum of individual identities, and deciding to reject this or just boil it down to muh capitalist relations is juvenile, especially considering how plenty of revolutions during the 20th century failed to deliver on these promises. The individual and its relation to social structures has to be seriously examined; you can't just boil them down to these arbitrary class blobs.

wow, amazing post.

I didn't boil it down to class, I boiled it down to power-in-society as a whole. If a white proletarian has the power in society to get away with assaulting a black proletarian, that's still a problem of society itself enabling them to do so as opposed to muh wrongthink.

Okay, and that's what I'm concerned with; power-in-society. My problem was with the workerists, and those that fail to apply any shred of materialist analysis towards social issues.
so I guess things like harassment, hate speech, and stalking aren't issues at all; and shouldn't be conceived as such since they are specifically problems affecting individuals? These "attitudes" you deride, are pervasive because they are acceptable within society, or within groups.

lmao you're lucky your blatant bait thread wasn't outright deleted. you're trying to act all innocent and questioning as you flipflop worldviews post-by-post

Not really, it's still the same as the OP, what I don't like are people who spout "muh attitudes" don't matter platitude, and fail to see how they contribute to the problem at hand. The wrongthink you're speaking of has a specific cause and needs to be understood thoroughly as it contributes to an individual's worldview.
If I was baiting I would've stopped after the OP, but you're just retarded.

i'm gonna take a shot here. you were hoping your op post would be met with apologia so you could run back to Holla Forums and share it with your buddies for future "leftypol are liberals" posts. but then reality struck & you were meant with contention so you got buttblasted and dropped your act and are now posting borderline gibberish mental gymnastics so your thread doesn't get deleted

if you really cared about leftypol potentially gaslighting black people then you wouldn't be trying to fearmonger us against them in your next post. like what the fuck lol

mhm, you do realize a large portion of lefty twitter also criticizes this shit site, or virtually every other leftist site or forum out there. You don't have just one opponent you myopic fuck. Who am I fear mongering, I made a hyperbole to address my further arguments, you're just a dense shit head who never bothered to read the rest of the thread.

It's this level of wishful misinterpretation that makes me want to enhammer your cranium.

No, because those constitute actions, the problem is the action not the thought.
(Though hate speech isn't really much of an issue. Someone saying nigger is nothing but a symbol of social mismanagement, it's when it becomes an actual mechanism of social exclusion at large rather than a word uttered by a crank that it becomes a problem.)

Individualising the problem does nothing. Racism is a social problem, not an individual character defect that you can shame out of people.

maybe one would seek to clarify their points further so they aren't correlating the two?
Never said anything about shaming people, racism does shape individual thought and action, and at its core is an issue that affects individuals, individuals who then organize as collectives. You know the historical materialism idea that things like racism aren't abstractions, but concrete power structures that affect individuals, and shape their thoughts, beliefs and actions.

Anyways, there's not much to argue with any further, since my issue wasn't with how racism was defined (as I largely agree with it), but how its treated by people on this site.