How can I become well-cultured?

How can I become well-cultured?

Other urls found in this thread:

ubu.com/
leftofwreckage.wordpress.com/2017/04/01/angels-egg-the-density-of-being/
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/max-stirner-the-ego-and-his-own.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

get /lit/
try reading difficult stuff from houses like Semiotext(e) or Dalkey Archive Press
go to art museums
try to understand modern and postmodern art, even if you don't like it
don't bother with wine or opera, unless you are truly into them
go to a play
watch films from the Criterion Collection (if you don't want to buy get them from the public library - physical copies are important since the booklets are substantive)
stop posting so many anime girls

This.

OP, stop watching anime immediately. It is absolute irredeemable garbage.

bourgeois meme to emulate ways of aristocracy.

Isn't the goal to make aristocracy universal?

Spook

Never take this advice.

what did he mean by this

Don't have shit taste and don't do pseud shit like wants you to unless you actually enjoy it.

Stop listening to jazz

A snobbish parasitic class? Hardly.

Who could they be leeching of if it's universal?

Was that quote real??

Listen to more death/black/doom metal

If they're not leeching then it simply isn't aristocracy.

I got bored of it after a Nothing but Black Metal November.

There's actually a ton of intellectual wanking about black metal out there.
See: Hideous Gnosis: Black Metal Theory Symposium

Try poking around ubu.com/

Well cultured as in well traveled or well versed in the cultural practices of rich people like sipping tea with an extended little finger on the hand that holds the cup?

Step 1: get rid of capitalism

Fuck off m8 that's just so you don't make a lot of clatter when you put your teacup down on the saucer

Like the Marxist intellectuals

read more Max Stirner.

The principles of education. Now. Now. Now.

This. Anime is garbage, it should only be enjoyed ironically with friends. There are a few good ones, however, 90% is garbage, 9% is decent or good, the last 1% are objectively good. There is nothing you can say to defend 90% of anime.

Outliers don't make all anime good.

Might as well just tell you now. If you aren't a writer or rich, you might as well not bother. If you are interested in the higher culture, then go ahead. However, don't do it because you want to be cultured. It is better to try and learn new concepts, instead of indulging in culture. Philosophy, history, political economy, science, and psychology. These are all pastimes worth pursuing, for these are necessary to build your understanding of the current world, and how to build a new world.

This means, bourgy. Culture like anything else is most easily accessed and consumed as a well off person. Barriers to entry on culture is why there is the division in society of cultured/uncultured. However, "culture" as a word is almost meaningless, the closest approximation of a definition is "characteristics of a particular social group".

Ask yourself, how can you BE characteristics of a particularly social group?

Culture is something everybody has, its just a case of which cultural phenomenon gain the prestige of being "high" culture, and the people who associate with that being deemed "cultured".

The art world is a great example, only people with millions of dollars can buy "high" contemporary art.

The only real way to get ahead as an artist is to already be comfortable enough to make art all day i.e. a rich kid or to get a break with somebody rich who takes you under their wing.

For everybody else its a huge struggle.

The "fine" arts, while having pretentious to being progressive, is one of the most cloistered rich white worlds on earth.

Watch TNG and copy Picard

>Movies are garbage, they should only be enjoyed ironically with friends. There are a few good ones, however, 90% is garbage, 9% is decent or good, the last 1% are objectively good. There is nothing you can say to defend 90% of movies.

Write a really snazzy suicide letter, calling out the phonies.

Watch anime.

Oh wait, you meant western bourgeois culture didn't you…

you're already well-cultured my man, because you posted the best girl

This, read books because you want to, not to attain an image. The renaissance man is a thing of the past.

that…that is being cultured.(imo)

All of these at once.

You type like a retard.

You mean make all sorts of horribly unethical decisions while muttering something about the prime directive and the importance of not saving drowning babies?

Yes, it used to mean that. Don't see many of these so called cultured people doing these anymore. Modern economics isn't the same as political economy either.

Learn a new language, read more books, philosophy, history, classical literature. Lastly, and I cannot stress this enough, you must get into classical music. You need some ballet, opera, and symphony in your life.

Don't watch idol anime is a good place to start.

Idol anime is a part of high culture, you pleb

stop watching shit anim, look at da other cultures and dive into the other cultures

ur gay and most likely a pedophile

Bi and I believe they deserve death.

I just watched that on youtube last week. No idea what the fuck was going on aside from fishermen chasing ghost whales.

it's a metaphor for the girl's coming of age
egg symbolizes innocence
and stranger breaks the egg

Being pedo is the most cultured thing of all you philistines

it is not pedo if I'm 10 years old

There's literally nothing wrong with being a pedophile. Raping kids is bad, but fapping to cute lolis is the highest form of culture.

Being an intellectual child doesn't count

But intellectual children are the best kind of children.

Why is classical music this important?

Just about all modern music descends from classical music so having a firm understanding of it will help you interpret music since then.

Read everything on SEP about Nietzsche, and about all the major philosophers he mentions and every philosophical problem he tackles (it is all linked, and it won't take you that long). Of course look for the definition of every word you don't know. If you're a NEET you could do all of this in 2 days, one week if you want to have any semblance of understanding.
Now, read Nietzsche's Geneaology of Morals, Beyond Good and Evil and his writings on Wagner.
Why you should read Nietzsche? Because it will legitimately turn you into a elitist piece of shit as long as his words will stay in your head. Why you should become a elitist piece of shit? Because now you will feel like a retard while watching average animes, and you will instead want to read some Shakespeare, or listen to Wagner or Mozart.
Are Shakespeare, Wagner and Mozart art while animes are not? Maybe, yet this is not the point. The point is that if you get Nietzsche's vibes on art, philosophy and culture, you will end up experiencing art that will certainly require far more attention. If you're used to listen to songs, keeping up with a full Mozart symphony may be hard (a Wagner's opera would become untolerable), yet with time you will develop the attention span that is required to tackle every form of art effortessly, wether it is a Victorian novel or Tibethan mythology.

Why you should develop and improve your attention span? Because you watch anime and because you are on a chan board, which means that there is a 99.999999% chance that you're a NEET who fucked up his attention span with 2 to 3 decades of internet, videogames, sugar and maybe drugs.

leftofwreckage.wordpress.com/2017/04/01/angels-egg-the-density-of-being/

Oh come on, this movie deserves better.

mentall illness*
ftfy

by posting leftist related images instead of idol garbage

there's nothing wrong with idolshit

nietzsce, schopenhauer, and many others agree (ancient greeks, even chill-ass buddha) – STRENGTHEN YOUR WILL.

Stirner > Nietzche. Nietzche just copied his work.

Read all Stirner first, then Nietzche, then Foucault, etc.

DL it:
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/max-stirner-the-ego-and-his-own.pdf

Goon detected. Get back to Holla Forums, freech, SA, etc

Read, read, read!

Get a better waifu.

This. Honk is the classiest of the raibus so you should go with her. She's basically an idol version of Lenin.

don't know what half of those are but,
how bout you go back to /r/anime and stop shitting up discussion with your chink cartoons? Guaranteed I've been here longer than you

Don't listen to this guy: compared to Nietzsche Stirner is as dull as it gets.

Nah Stirner is way better. Less ideology bullshit and straight to the point.

Nietzche bitch couldn't even come up with his own shit.

How do I get into thug life?