/leftyk/ thread

So I have some money to spend and want to get a rifle for training and just to get comfortable with. Im not totally ignorant about guns but am far from confident.

Im thinking about just getting a .22 caliber so I can practice shooting and disassembling, since the gun and ammo are cheap and I only have like $400 and wouldnt want to spend more than that anyway.

Looking for advice from /leftyk/ommandos on what to get. How do these look?

cheaperthandirt.com/product/rock-island-armory-ak22-semi-automatic-rifle-22-long-rifle-1825-barrel-10-rounds-black-finish-wood-stock-and-grip-51121-4806015511212.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn

cheaperthandirt.com/product/m20p-22lr-1875-10-round-4806015511403.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn

Other urls found in this thread:

brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/metal-prep-coloring/pre-finish-surface-prep/blue-rust-remover-prod24773.aspx
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Be on the watch for LARPers. That flamethrower image is a paticularly bad one, because the gelified petroleum mix will clog the pipes.

What flamethrower image are you talking about?

One that is posted in nearly every lefty/k/ thread with a fake napalm recipe that is in fact, chunky, gluggy styrofoam in fuel. It's a recipe that I swear is some fag trying to sabotage people, because the mix will clog the device and make it useless.

ah gotcha. thankfully im not trying to make any napalm

What are you looking for? I may or may not be able to help you.

Why get a .22 and not just get something for keeps? Not a burger but it's a lot of money man.

I figure I only really need general practice since at the most besides target practice I'll be hunting small game or maybe armed demonstrations which would be suicide anyway if they erupted into a real firefight.

I want to know if my reasoning for getting a .22 is valid, also if so if what model I get really matters. Obviously I'll look for one with good reviews but beyond that I'm clueless.

Sounds like it's good for a Molotov though

Question for spanish folks (I don't know if this is the best place to sak this):
How can I get a weapon legally?

Well a Ruger 10/22 is your best bet if you're looking for something to hunt game with and practice

Only thing a .22 is good for is a pocket pistol. A lot of kids getting shot in Chicago are getting shot point blank using .22's.

If youre looking for a survival rifle then a .22 is great. But for the revolution I would want something like a mini 14 or a carbine. Good close and at distance.

I want to get an SKS soon does any user know how good the Yugos stack up against the Russian and Chinese models?

Well what im saying is "for the revolution" isnt my immediete concern and I feel its better I get a crap rifle and learn how to shoot because im a poorfag and dont get enough enjoyment/practical use out of guns to justify spending upwards of $500, if that makes sense. Not to say im not considering an insurgency scenario as possible in the future but if things start to really look like civil war then I can justify a bigger investment in actual weapons.Thanks for the other suggestions tho I will make note

Cool, looks good, thanks

Oh boy, finally a chance to post this. Avoid Yugo weapons in general. Chinese guns fluctuate in quality greatly, so I'm not sure if you should trust one without prior research.

Have you read Homage yet? Can you ever see the red flags returning to your city comrade?

The first chapter in that book is revolutionary.

to Catalonia?

/k/ pls

A better option for a .22 would be a Ruger 10/22, Marlin 795, or a Marlin Model 60, these can all be found easily within the range of $200 USD. Your reasoning for starting with a .22 is sound, recoil is light so it's easy to learn the basics of marksmanship, and almost anything .22lr related is very affordable.

nice LARPing you illiterate retards

this

buy books instead

unironically this

guns get's you violent social democracy

books gets you worker revolutions

How do you expect to win a revolution without weapons?

Buying information freely available on the internet.

Ok officer, we gets books like you get coffee and donuts. For the free

how did the Indian get it's independence and how did apartied end ?

they didn't fight in revolutions they instead overcame the bourgeoisie with pure numbers without any violence

If you're nice enough the Bourgeois will just give up

Except both movements were backed with the threat of violence if their demands weren't met. The Indian independence movement wasn't all Gandhi. Britain's position in India was untenable, so they let it go
You're a pretty lousy leftcom, fam

California not Catalonia friend

Tbh I might pick up a Yugo after I get a Russian then
The grenade launcher looks too fun to pass up

Make a Molotov like that. Through it in the middle of the woods to test it. Report back to us on it’s effects.

The Ruger is basically the best .22 carbine you're gonna get for the price. They're extremely practical too.
If you're set on a .22 you should definitely pick it up.

Bulpups are CUTE

A .22 is a great choice. They are cheap (so is the ammo), easy to shoot, lots of fun, and great for learning basic gun safety and shooting technique. I'm pretty sure you can get any number of them in semi auto for under $300, and in bolt action under $200. After that you will want to make yourself familiar with intermediate calibres (assault rifles), full power calibres (battle rifles), shotguns, and if you are in burgerland, handguns.

Under communism there's no reason you would need a military grade assault rifle with a 30 round clip. Its these high capacity clips than can hold more than ten bullets that need to be banned because they are used with assault weapons which are favoured by gang members and cop killers and have no sporting use.

FACT: In a 2006 Brady campaign study, they found that 40% of assault weapon owners think there should be NO gun laws.
FACT: In 2010 there were 13,000 minors killed in USA by assault weapons.
FACT: In a 2009 million mom March study, they found that 40% of gun owners would shoot a person just for stepping on their property

Go ahead and try refute my points without sounding like a desperate, paranoid gun nut asshole, I'll wait…

Everyone's right. We should silently protest the powers that be so they'll empathise with us. That will change things.

's where you're wrong my dude

I like guns because they're cool i don't care if I "need" it. fuck off liberal

hasguns here.
don't get an AK22 because you will be embaressed to use it, rightfully so.
go on armslist or gunbroker, and find a cheap 10/22 or marlin model 60. or but it in the store, wont go over your budget either way. the 60 is usually cheaper and slightly better quality out of the box, but not as easily customized, and reloads are slower. Polymer > wood in every way except for aesthetics, but if you just want to learn shooting, and don't care about the hobby, again: go cheap and get polymer.

you really need to start with a .22, or else you'll have to spend more time and money getting to the same level of skill, even if you don't pick up a bad habit with a larger caliber. .22 Winmag and .17 HNR are functionally fine as well, but 4x more expensive. Lets say you want a slightly better 22 than the bare minimum everyone has? you have many options open to you, but three I would recommend are CZ452/CZ455 (bolt action, very accurate, used by scouts or military trainees I think) CZ 512 (semi auto) and Savage A-22lr(semi). none will be as customizable as a 10/22, but many are price competitive, and all fall within your budget

Kek sorry for my slight autism and bad eyes. What is the official rules for k info-graphics and pdfs on leftypol? Last time I did a dump mods were not having and and thread was rip

How can the working class have a revolution without guns?

FACT: 60% of all gun deaths in America are suicides.
FACT: The absolute majority of gun deaths in America are done so by illegal gun purchases.
FACT: America's backward's gun culture has nothing to do with whether or not the workers should have access to arms.
FACT: During WW2, millions of fascists were killed by "assault" weapons so it works both ways faggot.

I think if you are anti-self defense you are simply not a commie, just a moralfag liberal.

t. cucked faggot

Huh you shouldn't get banned for that I think

Just recently bought a replica 40 Glock. Not sure how useful it would be in case of a break-in or communist revolution, but I recon I could scare a mid-sized English town into submission for an afternoon if I brandished it around in public.

So judging by the comments the CZ452/CZ455 and sks sounds good.
I like bolt actions.
So user, would a Bolt action and a bulpup submachine gun do for the revolution?

SKS ain't no bolt action comrade for that get a Mosin Nagant with a hexagonal receiver.

If you want a gun for practicing get a 9mm carbine. Its a gun you can practice target shooting and combat and the ammo is cheap.

However if you have $400 to spend, you really should spend the $600 to get an Ar15 because theyll never be this cheap again.

lmao of course not thats ridiculous

more like bullpuppies amirite :3c

You say that like it's a bad thing.

name a cheap 9mm carbine that isn't hipoint or keltec shit.

Why do rightists hate leftists owning guns?

Because it's directly against their political and/ or class interests

Id just just go for a real rifle right away, you can get something good and cheap if you look around, look at ammo prices, get something you can actually shoot, I havent been stateside in years but .22lr was being stockpiled by a lot of people and was actually hard to get not too long ago. also just ask on /k nigga do some basic research and then ask on qtddtot for some suggestions

is this ironic you fucking imbecile

theres nothing to refute, you are retarded and a nofuns buji cocksucker, you probably live in a cul-de-sac or you are doing a bit. There are some valid arguments against the right to arm bears and specifically the militia part, its not as "pure" as nosteponsnek types like to frame it but under the present circumstances I would actually straight up agree with the "40%" of "assault weapon owners", we should probably all be installing AA in our yards, especially burgers

the biggest argument against having a gun in your house is if you are likely to fucking off yourself, everything else is pretty irrelevant statistically and the benefits far outweigh the risks both for the individual and I would argue for society as a whole

the police state would be a lot further along in burgerniggerland if everyone wasnt armed to the fucking teeth, it really is a counter against purges of all sorts, POG faggots will start banging on about

but thats bullshit and more importantly its not the point, the danger is that the executive can just round people up that are excellent and a well-armed population will always make them think more than twice

Anybody have any tips on rust removal? My buddy said to scrub my shotgun with Hoppes #9 and fine steel wool but I tried for an hour with little success.

Dude I'm here to tell you that you will not have fun with a .22

They suck, not fun at all.

I have quite a large gun collection, fully auto AKs, Uzis you name it. However I've found that there is a simple joy in firing off a shotgun. If you buy one used you can get a great deal on it. 12 or 20 gauge, doesn't matter they are all way fun

are you stupid? Did you even look up rust remover before you tried that? You need acid to remove rust, Hoppes is just Kerosene and alcohol.

brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/metal-prep-coloring/pre-finish-surface-prep/blue-rust-remover-prod24773.aspx

uhuh. You're telling me a richfag like you is a commie? Get out.

no. first, there aren't any on the consumer market even close to being reasonably priced, and pistol calibers have too short a range and can't take on body armor.
an AR-15 is the best revolution gun you can get. AK rifles, Mini-14s, M1a, VZ2008, PTR 91, FAL, etc will all be serviceable, but none will match the usefulness of an AR-15 without spending a lot more money.

regarding this, A) hex mosins aren't necessarily any better than normal receivers, B) an absolutely horrible idea to learn to shoot with a Mosin, they're not even cheap these days. If your need a sniper's rifle for some reason (revolution hasn't even begun yet dude, why are you trying to specialize?) get a modern hunting rifle like a Savage model 10 or Remington 700. you can buy a used one and get a replacement barrel.

Because they know deep down the reason they own guns is to effect political change and also to threaten their enemies.