How long do you think the global economic system will last before it's utter collapse?

How long do you think the global economic system will last before it's utter collapse?

Other urls found in this thread:

thenextrecession.wordpress.com/,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_oil
twitter.com/AnonBabble

About 100-150 years.

Not. Capitalism will never collapse on its own; it will require sensuous human activity in the form of a revolution against it that munches away at its foundations in order for it to truly be done away with.

I'd like to add that
utterly ignores how well capitalism can be environmentalistic and find different alleyways for wage-labour that are either footprint-neutral or even completely positive. It may also defend into eco-fascism: despotic management of capital that is also the depostic management of ecology. I don't think this completely rules out the possibility of an ecologically catastrophic end to our society or even species, but it can still clearly be abated, and the smartest of porkies know this damn well.

Also consider the colonial method of making sure generalized commodity production and our species with it survive: the making livable of places outside of Earth is also a big porky project, and if it were to work and successfully export capitalism to the rest of the galaxy, we'd have redefined the boundaries of what the global constitutes, and have effectively abated human extinction through the system's own destructive creativity.

I hella respect Roberts and even he doesn't think it works that way. Yes, if unchecked like this capitalism would face its own collapse, but that's not gonna happen. Those in power, interpellated by the very foundational economic laws levied upon them, will find ways to make a weak rate of profit reemerge through super-exploitation, or they will make sure another war happens that can in and of themselves yield the unpaid or heavily underpaid labour necessary to resupply it (look up military Keynesianism for example), and if war is not consciously brought into existence, it will be forced into existence by the truly immiserating conditions society will face when the rate of profit as such comes real close to hour zero.

All in all, a weaker rate of profit is ever-more going to make what I talked about in the first paragraph likely (revolution), but it won't "just happen" and whether there is any serious revolution or not other forms of human activity will act to do something about it, either the reactionaries or otherwise.

What fucking reality is this?

Someone screenshot this and upload it. I'm on this stupid phone that is not able.

Oops, ment

The same reality as always. You've just been believing in memes that satirize them as doing nothing (95% of the time originally made by leftcoms themselves for self-deprecating comedic effect), rather than looking at what leftcoms actually have to say beyond that. It could be said that you have been spooked, by something as simple as a funny jpeg.

I gotchu.

t-this isn't what bordiga told me…

Face it: you never read a page of Bordiga and informed yourself on what he meant by "activism" and "opportunism" by using a meme I probably made a year ago when I was drunk off some liquor or another night when I had sleep for dinner.

Here's the marxman himself telling you all about it.

When the London housing bubble finally goes pop we here in the UK are beyond fucked

I give it about 2 years, tops. The US housing market is going to collapse again, and Tío Sam will try to give more of our money to the bank, and the banks will go on another foreclosure spree.

That's when you'll see the barricades. When people realize that it was never fixed the first time, that if left to their own devices the capitalists will keep us in an endless cycle of predation and temporary reprieve. That the rich get richer at our expense in bad times just as well as they do in good times.

And then you're gonna see some shit. The Trumpers will unite behind somebody competent, like Pence, and form a modern falangist movement. The left had best get over it's sectarian divisions and unite behind a popular front banner, aimed at forging a new republic from the ashes of the old. Because if we don't, we'll all die.

fucking read Bordiga before engaging in memeing and you will avoid idiocy

Self driving trucks are going to come in in a few years and that will break America which will of course break the world, so I'd say like 2025 max will be the end of capitalism as we know it. From there, the only dilemma will be if Zucc and company can convince everyone the best option is to go to fully automated feudalism or if people realize the whole idea of private property is retarded and we get something else.

no, it will only break the teamsters' union

How about less

Until earth becomes inhabitable. Historical inevitability is a meme, you dumb cunts.

not even then

niggers capitalism will last longer than humanity will

Fully Automated Wage-Slavery Robsexual Eathly Capitalism?

I'd be amazed if it went another 50 years, environmental issues have barely been addressed at all and consumption just keeps increasing.

See
Arm up, famrade

It will be replaced with capitalism.

lel is this a joke

Here’s the thing. There will come a time when the rate of profit becomes negative. In this sense capitalism won’t be able to function anymore. The system will destroy it’s self without any outside force.

Looks like the exact same graph to me, except it starts at 69 rather than 70. I guessed 100-150 years based on the average line. I just eyeballed it again, and it looks like 160-170 years actually.

Well we only got the "fully automated" part to go.

The question is at what point the whole thing crumbles. I don't think it's 0, I think we're far closer than that.

Well that's the world rate, each country has its own. I found this study which uses some fancy new way to calculate shit, and if it's correct, America is awfully closer to zero than expected.

Found this at thenextrecession.wordpress.com/, looks like an interesting blog.

Porky and space don't mix

How is the TRPF even a contentious issue in modern economics?

It's just an observable fact.

Because conventional economics are based on the Fukuyamaist interpretation that globalist capitalism is the perfect system, we just need to implement it more perfectly.
TRPF is verifiable proof that their ideology is not based in reality, and so they dismiss it out of hand. They are the intellectual equivalent of the guy in the MAGA hat screaming "FAKE NEWS" when someone tells them that Trump hires undocumented immigrants in bulk.

The most ironic part is that porkies would have to build a Mars commune if they want to survive. If Posadas was right then I sure hope the aliens kill them once they try.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_oil

SOON

Not long. Automation is eating away at it and soon the third world will demand their rights.

So? Chances are they'll just fucking slaughter us or the state will regulate it so everyone thinks all is fine like usual

Proofs? The third world has been by fucked by coups, and the people are divided by a crime culture derived and adapted out of poverty. They're stealing and killing eachother instead of uniting and rorganizing

Oh, you mean like the people in Panama (1903), Honduras (1903), Nicaragua (1912), Mexico (1914), Haiti (1915), Dominican Republic (1916), Russia (1917), Panama again (1941), South Korea (1945), Syria (1949), Iran (1953), Guatemala (1954), Lebanon (1958), Cuba (1961), Dominican Republic again (1965), Chile (1973), Grenada (1983), Nicaragua again (1989), Panama again (1989), Haiti again (1991), and Yugoslavia (1991)?

Revolution must come from the first world, otherwise the counterrevolutionary forces will leverage first world intelligence and military power to stifle it.

It's going to take both really. Revolts in the first world to keep porky tied up, in the third world to starve him of resources. All those fancy tanks and drones don't mean shit if you can't fuel them or replace their parts.

Or one in the first world to be able to use the high quality capital and education and one in the third world for the resources (and maybe the cheap labor).
Agriculture might become a problem in all cases though, depending on which country you're talking about.