Where were you when Flynn effect was kill?

Where were you when Flynn effect was kill?
archive.is/x6fNK

Other urls found in this thread:

tacticalinvestor.com/worldwide-iq-scores-dropping-but-stupidity-rising-rapidly/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The daily fail

really, really, 'really makes me think'

goddammit, fucked up the bold text

Anyways link the study itself or I will fucking bash your ead in mate

Looks like a boomer finding an excuse to wank themselves off tbh.

HAHAHA this fucking study is based on REACTION TIME

Dailymail was clickbait before clickbait.

Really wish Mail would stop making bullshit stories like this.

Intelligence =/= knowledge. A highschool student from the late 1800s would destroy a college student from 2017 on a non g-loaded test.

The fuck do you measure historical reaction time anyway? Kids grow up nowadays playing twitch shooters and are insane at them - does this fuckwit actually think every day Victorian life required cat like reflexes?

Here's an article with some links and videos
tacticalinvestor.com/worldwide-iq-scores-dropping-but-stupidity-rising-rapidly/

There is literally nothing wrong with being slow.

They were more physically active. Plus playing video games make you move your thumbs fast, not your whole body. Ever see nerdy kids in gym class trying to run, or catch things?

If only high schools existed in the late 1800s, much less compulsory and freely accessed education institutes.

If humans from that time period where so mentally superior why didn't it show it almost every other aspect of thier lives? Operating on somebody surgically with blood on the instrument from your last patient? No problem there! Want to conduct warfare effectively? Guess we better line up, and shoot each other from medium distance! People pre WW1 were fucking morons, stop making the past something it wasn't.

huh wow truly stunning

You have no idea what you're talking about here. That really was the best way to do things given the day's tech.

Obviously muskets have their limitations but I have no idea why something like primitive tanks weren't invented earlier, some kind of moving barricade for people to shoot from, or alternatively something like the Roman legion shield wall, except with a small hole for the gun. I really feel like there were better ways.

Oh and there should have been more use of multiple weapons, some cavalrymen carried 5-6 pistols so it's not like nobody thought of it, even if muskets were too heavy to carry more than two or three, and obviously you can't reload more than one at a time, imagine the comparative force that would give at the start of the engagement, then there's less people to shoot at you once you are at the same fire rate as them and they'll get whittled down faster.

Also when I say moving tank type thing I know that they didn't have sophisticated engines until pretty late but I meant more horse powered, it would only have to move slowly so the enemy couldn't just walk up to it while having the coordination to reload.

So now we've gone from reaction time to physically active, which doesn't mean shit.

It's called umvolking.

Is there another link you've got to that thread or some shit? It won't load on my device.

But they did have those to some degree. The problem was always carrying all that shit. You do realize people had to walk in war, right? We still do, it's called the infantry.

U wut m8?

All those illiterate ppl back in the day sure did have high Autism Levels

I know that of course, there's a limit to what you can carry, but back in the day people used to march with big steel armour and shit and a sword and shield. Then again, I guess most gunpowder era troops were peasants, they were disposable.

You seem to have an intelligence level akin to somebody living in the 1800's.

You'll notice those didn't stop bullets. This is why they were done away with. It was useless weight.

No, I simply studied military history and science, and the fact is that massed volley fire was more effective. The American militia tried being skirmishers all the time (yes people were aware of cover back then), which just meant getting run down by conventional linear tactics. The myth of the American militiaman is just that: a myth. Not only this, but what ended the conflict was usually actual physical fighting. Muskets weren't meant to be fired just standing still at each other. One side would inevitably want to stab you in the gut with a bayonet. This is how engagements were decided. Your false sense of superiority makes you look stupid.

people weren't just fucking retards who said "HURRR MASS FORMATIONS BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW BETTER"

mass formations using volley fire came AFTER people tried scattered musketry due to the pointlessness of having single shooters when you're basically rolling a d100 and hoping for a 1 every shot