Comrades, what's the safest way to anonymously communicate and exchange files on the net...

Comrades, what's the safest way to anonymously communicate and exchange files on the net? which client do you use/recommend? From lurking on halfchan /g/ i heard about telegram, tox, hexchat and ricochet.
Asking for a comrade who wants to start a communication network which users are mostly wincucks

also technology and cybersecurity in connection to leftism general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9XaYdCdwiWU
alexrad.me/discourse/a-264-attack-on-telegram-and-why-a-super-villain-doesnt-need-it-to-read-your-telegram-chats.html
qubes-os.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tbh if I were starting a clandestine organization today the only communication I would trust would be low tech. I would make extensive use of handwritten mail and code.

don't start it at all, whoever spends money on wangblows unironically is a cuckitalist

pirating nonfree software is still using nonfree software

socdem that's a GNU/LINUX templar

That's not what you said fuckboy.

Watch this talk by The Grugq.

youtube.com/watch?v=9XaYdCdwiWU

Then watch it again tomorrow, because you'll have missed things from the first viewing.

Take notes.

Advise the comrades you are wanting to set up this communication network with do the same.

Good OPSEC will be more beneficial to you folks in the long run than whatever communications platform(s) you end up utilizing. Hell, PGP is already really secure when implemented properly - that's where OPSEC and user training come in - those are always going to be your weakest links.

Additionally, your users will probably want to be familiar with a platform other than windows. If they can't be taught or learn how to use a hardened version of Linux then they probably shouldn't be considered capable of maintain secure communications channels.

except in this case it's a voluntary choice.
by using Windows you're supporting non-free software, purchased or not.

thanks will watch!

is tails okay or should we fall for the install gentoo meme ?

Tbh I don't give a shit if the government knows what sort of kinky shit I do, and if I have consequences for it who gives a shit

I lost my shame a long time ago

use debian if you're a noob

what's wrong with plebian, faggot?

I think this is situation dependent, between Tails and gentoo.

Tails is probably best-in-class for one-off exchanges. A travel laptop you take to a hotspot, boot into tails, download messages, disconnect and leave.

Gentoo would be preferable for more continuous use, though it will be more difficult for your users to maintain. Ideally you would build a preconfigured version of gentoo for them and then give them instructions on what to do from there. Not necessarily ideal, but would work.

Really depends on your users, and again, OPSEC here is likely more important than OS. Running the hardest gentoo won't matter if you connect to an IRC from your home IP (ala Sabo). That's probably the biggest benefit of Tails, routing everything through TOR by default makes slip-ups somewhat less likely.

When was this and why was I not informed?

Willing to connect and communicate with other fellow anons with it if I know the network is secure like gnunet only networks.

Tails has a too large attack surface for me.

Freerunners carrying flash drives.

Which window version are we talking about here?

Also there's well known attack (that costs about 2^64) for telegram's key fingerprint exchange protocol so I would advise against using it.

alexrad.me/discourse/a-264-attack-on-telegram-and-why-a-super-villain-doesnt-need-it-to-read-your-telegram-chats.html

On the side note I've been working on affordable personal computing setup for communists and third world nigger like me in general . My goals are :

1. completely open source (not necessarily "free as in free speech" tier free software but something we can build/compile ourselves)

2. As cheap and durable as possible

3. does not require major CS knowledge to setup and distribute (reading documentation is not considered as requiring major CS knowledge)

[spoiler] Arm based chromebooks like AsusC201 or samsung exynos looked like obvious choice. It's trivial to install free firmware like libreboot depthcharge on it and one can easily install any Linux distro on internal flash. Only downside right now is both VPU and mali gpu requires unfree userland stack that is tied to specific older kernel versions (maintained by Google engineers).

Thankfully I learned how to compile glue kernel objects against mainline linux some time ago. I still have to depend on Arm's closed source shader programmer but maybe lima developers will liberate midgard too… which won't happen in next 5 years [/spoiler]

What does Holla Forums use for daily driver? What do you want from FOSS community? I just want to contribute something to PEOPLE not few private companies but it's so painfully hard to do so under reactionary colleagues and stupid super structure of IT industry in general.

i got a few questions and i feel like this is the best threat to ask them
i miss the GNOME 2 interface, which distro should i try? i stoped using linux the day that 10.04 stop being supported
there is a good alternative to bluestacks for linux?
the only ones i saw on google is pay-to-use software and the others have no rating or are rated as slow AF

There was this one group of anons back in the day (2008ish) that communicated using modified ps2s, and they even created a browser from scratch. They were like a cyberpunk cult from California.

And those flash drives should be encrypted as well.

one time pads are great

Even s.nowden doesn't use tails anymore, its all about QUBES OS: every program is isolated from the others by default.
qubes-os.org/

The problem isn't buying windows or windows being called nonfree. The problem is it literally spies on you and takes away control you should have over your machine.

Did he switch for a reason? Is there something wrong with Tails now?

nothing wrong with tails, but I think qubes given the option to not use TOR for everything. Plus it installs every app and file in its own VM for security purposes.

Virtualization is just a more important security paradigm than what Tails has to offer.

The reason i stopped using linux is that ubuntu couldn't see my windows partition. Installing it doesn't work with my UEFI/GPT, my laptop doesn't have legacy mode it literally REQUIRES UEFI

I fucking hate UEFI.

If you want maximum security then you're going to have to sacrifice a little convenience:

>upload/download any files you want from/to a single use USB stick

systemd

plz respond, i really miss GNOME 2

Ubuntu MATE version

what about bluestacks?
i use it for serious purposes

This.

Why would you use bluestacks? It has come bundled with spyware in the past.

i use apps for learning and exchange languages and cultures and i also use dating apps
my phone is too old to run those shits
and also i'm too poor to buy other

Yes it uses system d

Literally just a meme.

i'm planning to use it to work

systemd is free software.

Just fucking install tails on a flash drive and use anything on it that's preinstalled.
Also:
Tox and Telegram have shit encryption. For secure IM, use XMPP/Pidgin + OTR.

I use it, but there has been no security audit of how they encrypt their messages.

Use a GPG.
Generate a key. It gives you a private key and a public key.

The private key you never share.
The public key you give to the other person so they can see what you encrypted.

You have a file, encrypt it with your friend's public key and send it to them.
Only they can open with they private key.

If you want to keep a file for safekeeping, encrypt it with your own public key.
Only you can open it since you have a the private key.

I'd recommend you setup a passphrase along with your private key for extra security. With GPG you can use anything. Even Gmail is safe since it's all encrypted. Some messaging services like Signal are neat because they handle all the encrypting for you.

TAILS, someone else's network, tor and upload to pastebin/ghostbin/mixtape

Shitty Acer laptop running debian stretch + i3 with proprietary intel wifi shit 'cuz I have to use not only wifi. I also have a x220 with debian as well, hopefully when libreboot remove intel ME from a working x220 and not brick it I can do the same (and install a libre wifi card).
Not much about it needs to change from my perspective, what I want is a good community that works together for a luxury gay space proprietary software-less world.
If it's cheap as shit, most likely the hardware involved will support an almost completely libre software OS (intel wifi drivers being a common cripple, for example). I don't see any reason to hold yourself back by only allowing a certain level of libre software.
Sounds like a thinkpad.
Very good.
I'd love to help you if you'd be alright with that, email me.

I meant to say

The 'Should I install Kali/TAILS or Debian/Gentoo' is a stupid question that doesn't make sense. I can't comprehend why it is asked so much
Kali/TAILS = for booting from a USB to do something temporarily
Debian/Gentoo/everything else = for actually computing day to day

Been out of the loop for a while.Some years back it seemed to me(and apparently many others) that systemd was PulseaudioV2.

At this point a MASSIVE and very obvious marketing scheme is launched on ubuntuforums, stackexchange and other "nontechnical linux user" social platforms in which the new software gets painted as everything it isn't . Defects get blamed on other programs, incompatibilities get blamed on whoever got promised drop-in compatibility not rewriting half their program when the promise was broken. And generally, kiddos get told "this is the new cool thing that cool kids do". So now any valid criticism gets instantly buriend beneath five hundred trillion retarded "but my pc boots 10s faster".Which btw was the line towed to these people, promising very fast startups.Well, when it started up at all, and wit the limited range of daemons that worked without hacks…

I remember the dev team basically taking udev hostage, saying that they were going to make it integrated with systemd and deprecated otherwise.Gentoo forked it AFAIK.

Didn't some funky business happen with the Plebian council before the vote to make systemd default?
Plus instead of delivering on their drop-in replacement compatibility they seemed to be integrating everything into systemd, init, scripts, shell , integrated logging daemon, binary logfile.Last i remember they had made a QRcode reader and a bare bones httpserver into the damn thing.

Dunno, to me the whole thing smells of RedHat muscle-ing ONCE again a critical piece of software into distros, last time time was the sound daemon(PulseAudio) and this time its the goddamn init+logging+who knows what(systemd).
Hell even the name suggests its going to be THE daemon.

Dont even get me started on the gnome3 fiasco.

Also, even if after years they have managed to break everyone back and make it usable, the fact that they had to, and the things that they did makes me not want to touch it with a 100foot pole, that someone else is holding.

What about Freenet? It's slow as fuck but it seems fairly safe.

signal is a good app

Is Freenet .5 still around? That shit was actually good for a while.

Where do I start to learn the in and outs of cyber security and hardware?

t. Windows user.

I hear x86 is very secure

bump

So far I can smash, root, and subvert every bit of technology mentioned here. Good to know ^_^

Smh

First, go to the rope store and buy yourself a sturdy rope.
Then go to the rickety chair store and buy yourself a rickety chair.
You figure out the rest.

last bumps to counter spam 6/11