It's such fucking bullshit that I have to pay a shitload of money for college classes to become an EMT or eve a...

It's such fucking bullshit that I have to pay a shitload of money for college classes to become an EMT or eve a firefighter or some shit that actually fucking helps the people yet there's billions of dollars to pay for a bloated and imperialist military.

Fuck you, America. I want to help people but I'm priced out of it. Fuck you.

Grow up Mose

Thanks capitalism!

thanks capitalism

you need college to be a firefighter?

Do it, famalam.

In Ireland you literally don't have to finish high school to train to be a firefighter/paramedics, though it probably makes things a lot harder than if you had

Where do you live? Just join your local volunteer Fire Department or Ambulance association. EMT courses around my area are around $500 tops (all the materials provided) and my fire department reimburses you if you complete it.
t. Volunteer fire fighter

Volunteer firefighting isn't really a thing in most big cities in the US. They have entirely professional forces more often than not.

It sucks. I wanted to help people too but couldn't afford it. I also got severe arthritis in my feet in my early 20s, so I just slowly succumbed to mental illness while locked inside my bedroom for a decade and now I live off autism bux. Thank you for reading my blog post family.

You need at least fifteen college credits to be considered for a firefighter spot and those need to be in the firefighting and first response classes which are always filled immediately. Even going to the community college it would cost over $1000, not to mention the time needed.

No, I'm not joining the navy. I'm not taking part in imperialism or the American military at all. I refuse.

We don't have a volunteer firefighter unit around me. The nearest one is in a more rural area because they barely get funding to have a professional unit.

jesus

Aren't the coastguard technically military?
Although given they've apparently done some shitty things to Cubans in the past maybe they're not really the more unambiguous good guys that we treat them as in the UK.

They are military. I kind of think they're better than the others but I still wouldn't join them. I also don't live near the coast.

Dude just buy some books do some free MOOCs you will be a self-made firefighter in no time

Well, OP should stop being an urbanfag, no humans of value reside in such places
This thread confused me because I know tons of classmates that became EMT/Firefighters right out of High School

Are you being sarcastic or is is actually possible to bullshit your way into some decent work with this?

That's a nice attitude. A shame it won't actually end imperialism. Or give you a job for that matter. From what's been said in this thread it's literally your only option if you want to be a firefighter or EMT, so why the fuck aren't you taking it? Principles aren't gonna put food on the table, nor are they gonna give you a job that won't make you want to kill yourself. It's not like you're loading the bombs, you're literally just doing the same job you're gonna do afterwards, just on a boat. You're saving lives and stealing money from the military while you're at it, it's win-win.
Besides, the navy is the most lefty branch of the military

It's such fucking bullshit that I have to pay a shitload of money for heat, water, trash, and electricity to have a place to live even though there is plenty of landlords that don't need the money that I'm paying. Rents in the city keep going up and the property owners are all rich bastards that are just profiting off of human suffering.

Fuck you, America. I want to live my life but I'm a slave
to my landlord. Fuck you.

this is true but the one disadv. i'd say is being potentially brainwashed into becoming a natinoalist and a reactionary. it's a common thing i've seen where people with a weak mind go into the military and come out a different person, often more obnoxious and reactionary in general.

i sometimes wonder if i'd end up like them or still have the views i do after getting out. i like to think i would, but the government i believe has some serious shit going on with brainwashing kids so that you can't stay the same in bootcamp.

my sister was in the military for 6 years and i remember being a kid in middle school she wasn't much into politics and didn't care for reactionary mindsets too much.

once she got out of bootcamp though its like she was a poster child for the GOP. she listened to country music (the shitty toby keith nationalist pro-imperialist kind) and had many friends that were rabidly right wing. i think its obvious who influenced who while she was in.

i believe if she'd have finished college she'd be a lot more left wing, but who knows. i think they brainwash the fuck out of people and i've seen it happen over and over again.

same with another family member, guy. he was left leaning and now after being in a few years he's an unironic nazi. regularly talks about how jews control everything, its pretty sad i think.

had another friend in high school who always dreamt of becoming a marine. well, he was, stayed in for 3 years.

now he's also an alt right type, its just that the military turned him into an obnoxious kind of reactionary. in high school he was very shy and really not much of a fighter. not popular at all. now he is very much the 'alpha' type, country lovin', uber nationalist type, very similar to other people i've known. regularly shares alt right "white power" stuff on fb, supports trump…

these aren't one off cases but i think its the norm in the military if you are white you are gonna become a massive douche. very few guys i have met that i genuinely love were in the military.

Every response on this thread reeks of individualism. Get that phantasm out of your heads and learn that we will only be free when we undo each others' chains, comrades.

Well ask yourself this, fam: are you weak-minded? I mean, you already know more about American imperialism than 90% of the population, and if you've been here long enough you probably know enough theory that your ideology is pretty much set in stone. There's a big difference between being left-leaning and being a full-blown commie who would want nothing more than to see Capitalism and the American empire destroyed.
Quite a few posters here are ex-military, and I've seen at least one who was in the marines. From what I've read on this board, there's less brainwashing in the navy, and I'd bet my ass there's even less as a corpsman.

Coastguard uses Navy's medical personnel.

And it'll let him spread class consciousness in the ranks (as long as he's not too larpy about it and hides his power level somewhat).
Http://lmgtfy.com/?q=salting

Yo.
Name, date of promotion, and unit name redacted for obvious reasons.