If you don't have the balls and patience to engage people in that hideous comments section from the other tab you got...

if you don't have the balls and patience to engage people in that hideous comments section from the other tab you got open you'll never be a true revolutionary

don't avert your eyes, don't ignore it, fight them

Doing that in halfchan is fucking annoying, this shit depresses me

I argue with people online because it's fun and it helps me understand positions I disagree with. Online arguments don't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

That's basically saying propaganda and communication don't work. People nowadays read nothing but memes, headlines and comments sections of the headlines.

Which one

Well, in your case it's all the tabs.

jesus christ is this the only place you browse? go somewhere else bitch

I use to this for the past half decade or so. Arguing with people on the internet is a literal meme, waste of time, and will depress you more than anything. Spend your time doing literally anything else would accomplish more and help keep your mind off capitalism.

Fuck you. Where else should I browse.

If you are going to debate do it in real life, internet discussions are boring and headache inducing

Took a communism thread on /gif/ to bumplock defending left-wing thought and planned economy from strawmen as well as some legitimate questions.
I used to argue with nazis but it's like trying to argue against a crying child with a megaphone. pic related

You're gay and a homosex

Arguing on the internet is not in general meant to convince the person you're arguing with, but the silent spectators. Though I don't personally bother anymore anyway.

Sadly, outgrowing the "not now mom, somebody is WRONG on the internet" phase coincided in me with the time I've started to actually read theory.

Discuss this shit anywhere tbh. We don't have the press, we don't have celebrities on our side, we don't have any apparatus of shaping public opinion. We can only count with our own hability to talk our ideas into people's head, and that takes a lot of practice.

This is also why memes are revolutionary. Positive return / low effort > High return/high effort. Doubly so for the left, which is populated by low energy types.

It doesn't come naturally to me but I make some effort.

Like, it's the same shit over and over. It's just reiteration of the same points, but you have to take into account most people have not heard these points (at least in a convincing manner) and you gradually become better at it. So most of the times I'm posting while doing other things, listening to a podcast, thinking about my taxes. It's all autopilot.

That's how I approach it. Abstaining from ad hominem despite it being an imageboard debate and concentrating solely on arguing about substance does make you look far more convincing.

With nazis, it's just a pain. You can lead them to as many internal contradictions as you want but it doesn't matter - what does ideological consistency or rationality matter when you can dream of soldiers in uniform marching in columns and herr Führer blabbering away an inane speech.

Are there leftists on /lit/ anymore, i used to go there but fucking Holla Forumsyps made the board dogshit

At this point I have no patience with those spooked about irrelevant shiting though. MUH PURITY MUH NATION IS THE RACE. Fuck it, brah.

face it user, nothing of value was lost.

Is there a leftylit somewhere

I A M E X T R E M E L Y O N L I N E

I spend hours trying to persuade people on an anime forum. I won a few people over but they already leaned that way.

That board is like Groundhog Day. I visited it a few days ago for the first time in years and immediately stumbled upon the familiar fictious greentext about being an undergrad in a Humanities area being bitterly disappointed at how cartoonishly left-wing everyone is and how everyone is saying white men suck

You're not going to convert people on the spot, but if their ideas are wrong you might plant a seed that leads to them questioning things later on.

Just try to enjoy your life guys, don't bother with halfchan and shit like that, it's a disease now

This is you faggots right now. What a bunch of dunces.

You can come visit us on >>>/fur/! :3

What's the fucking point? Even if you "win" the argument in one thread, another will just pop up an hour later with the exact same fucking statements.

What you don't understand is that it takes tact and nuance to discuss leftist theory and convince people of it, it takes ABSOLUTELY NO skill to discuss right wing theory. All they need to do is post images of blacks/browns doing bad shit and they've already hooked onto people's emotions.

I only discuss politics in person because thats how i can btfo reactonaries

lol I often spend days and days on leftypol arguing about shit like anime and r9k shit

That thread is still up

The most frustrating is dealing with NeoNazis and AnCaps. They are the most stubborn to ignore facts and pretend they know more than they do. I try to avoid insulting them so they will be more open to what I say which can be frustrating to not be able to call them out for being idiots.