Was it imperialism?

Was it imperialism?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/marx/res/6183.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

GEE COMRADE, HOW COME COMRADE QUARTERMASTER LETS YOU HAVE TWO RPGS?

Unequal trade, so we need fair trade deals.

Looks like a light anti-tank missile rather than an RPG.

that picture is from dagestan in 1996, those are troops form the russian federation

Are you sure? Why is there a red star on the helicopter? Was that standard for RF military vehicles in the 90s?

Extraction of surplus value, labor power and/or resources from one country to another which is enforced through polticial might.

It's standard RF insignia now.

This is a shitty definition, it doesn't cover countries that are subjected to imperial forces for strategic purposes like South Korea.

Well okay, but was it?

It's a short definition. Countries like South Korea are not under imperialism, but tools of imperialism. You can't really say that South Korea was a victim of imperialism since the US propped then up rather than extracted stuff out of them.

Imperialism doesn't mean "everytime soldiers go somewhere". You can occupy a country and built it up - still a shitty move but not necessarily imperialism. Imperialism necessitates an economic, quasi-colonial relationship which is focused on the extraction of resources.

Of course, the definition of imperialism relies on a proper definition of a nation as well. You could very well argue that the PoC in the USA were their own nation until segregation ended. Therefore, the US was imperialist against the black nation within their own borders since its inception.

This was in-length discussed at /marx/ recently:

8ch.net/marx/res/6183.html

Did the Soviet presence in Afghanistan fit that definition? And for that matter, does the current US presence there fit it?

In both cases: Probably yes.

Both went into Afghanistan with an imperialist agenda, even though neither got much out of it. Afghanistan was always a juicy strategical focus point, soviets probably wanted to have land access to India and a presence on the silk road to mess with China - Tsar played the same game with the British 150 years ago. I'd still rate the Soviet invasion qualitately a little less imperialist than the US one, since they supported a strong secular progressive communist party, I'd doubt the USSR would have extracted much from it if they had been successful.

USA is a different story, if those conspiracies about Cheney wanting to the have a pipeline there are correct, then the USA engaged in some hardcore late stage imperialism there. Whatever, I don't believe the official narrative about muh Bin Laden not for a second.

That being sad I don't know much about the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, I might he wrong. Considering that the USSR was despite its revisionism and crisis not nearly as depended on imperialist expansion as the US economy, they might not have been imperialist.

the USA still occupies parts of afghanistan, including many poppy fields

fuck no

When the mandatory nazbol mushroom ration starts kicking in.

no imperialism here m8

Really makes you think

what about the vietnam war, was that not imperialism?
nothe less the vietnam war was clearly imperialism

yes

Russia still uses the red star today pn modern military equipment

You're unironically going to get banned for that by our resident tinpot dictator BO.